Just got a hood scoop

Skitzo

Yeah went for a custom hood scoop to finish styling off me ascent a little bit :D

Its based off the toms carbon fiber bonnet, except not in carbon fibre and not toms :lol:

Here are some photos of it

40600037_G.sized.jpg

40600040_G.sized.jpg

40600044_G.sized.jpg

40600036_G.sized.jpg

I was going for something different, I reckon I got it too :P

Its probably either like it or hate it, its gonna take me a bit to get used to but I love it anyways, and thats what matters :D

Edited by Skitzo

May as well just post it here

Cost $600 for the labour work, it took 3 weeks to finish it off properly, the original bonnet was sliced and diced and had metal things inserted and much else done.

Then I got ripped off by some panel beaters, they charged $600 to paint it and seal it over properly, it was meant to cost a lot less than that, but nevermind.

Fully customized job, this is still the original bonnet, its been reenforced underneath the bonnet and paint on both sides. Mesh in the scoop itself is black and can be taken out or replaced whenever as its unattatchable.

December the car is going in for a boot install, then January im going for genie headers and extractors.

Feedback is great thanks, except anyone telling me that it cost too much <_< I know it did. :lol:

Edit: In short, total price was $1200

Edited by Skitzo

May as well just post it here

Cost $600 for the labour work, it took 3 weeks to finish it off properly, the original bonnet was sliced and diced and had metal things inserted and much else done.

Then I got ripped off by some panel beaters, they charged $600 to paint it and seal it over properly, it was meant to cost a lot less than that, but nevermind.

Fully customized job, this is still the original bonnet, its been reenforced underneath the bonnet and paint on both sides.  Mesh in the scoop itself is black and can be taken out or replaced whenever as its unattatchable.

December the car is going in for a boot install, then January im going for genie headers and extractors.

Feedback is great thanks, except anyone telling me that it cost too much  <_<  I know it did.  :lol:

Edit: In short, total price was $1200

Mate, if it makes you happy then it was not too much. Does'nt matter what anybody says! It looks so hot.

YAY!

Finally someone has gone out and got a bonnet done ;)

Tip top Skitzo...it looks very HOT B)

You must be very happy with the end result? I know I would :D

I think we have an out right winner for best bonnet now ;)

P.S - MOVE THAT HORN!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Edited by Danthuyer

YAY!

Finally someone has gone out and got a bonnet done ;)

Tip top Skitzo...it looks very HOT  B)

You must be very happy with the end result? I know I would :D

I think we have an out right winner for best bonnet now ;)

P.S - MOVE THAT HORN!!!!! :P :P :P :P

:lol::lol::lol: Ive been trying to move that horn for *** knows how long, there is no-where to move it too though! I will give it another shot this weekend, tips would be helpfull. :)

Thanks so much for the comments guys, was a bit of a risk getting it done as scoops for rollas arnt exactly common, the workmanship done on it is fantastic though.

Im happy with it, good to see other people like it too! :D

skitzo - Remove the sports grille (be carfull) then simply unbolt the one that you can see(top), and then unbolt the second one you cant see(bottom behind front bar). place the first horn and the second horn back to back and then bolt into where the second one was ;) Voila...... all you need is a phillipshead screwdriver and a 10 or 12 mm socket ;)

I did wei wei's for him the other night in the Maccas car park as he was too lasy to do it himself :P

And whats your excuse for not doing yours yet either rollagrl ? :P

Edited by Danthuyer

Well sktizo isnt too lazy...he was just busy with the bonnet...but now he has no excuse ;)

Ive been thinking of doing it for over a year now. :lol:

Must be some sort of gene us blue owners have... cant think of any other reason.

Thanks heaps for the horn tip, il have a go at it as soon as I can get my ***** out of my lazyboy chair :lol: