Just so you have a price comparison.

Yaris YR

Hatchback

3DR

Auto

Black

Tinted Windows

Floor Mats

Drive away at $17,750 from Le Mans Toyota Footscray.

wow. with tinted windows and floor mats too.

I think you should push for a better price. Try for around $16,750 (especially for an 07 build).

We got a YRS Sedan for mum, its a 1.5 Auto with Safety Pack, Mats, Protectors etc for $20k exactly drive away.

Considering the YR is a 1.3 and a 2 door hatch you should be able to get a better deal.

www.discountnewcars.com.au has it listed at $16,264 not including on roads or tint.

From personal experience you should be able to get a better deal than discount new cars lists including your on road costs.

for example they list the YRS sedan in auto with Safety pack and metallic paint for $19697 + On roads and dealer delivery.

We drove it away for $20 exactly with mats, protectors etc etc.

I think you should push for a better price. Try for around $16,750 (especially for an 07 build).

We got a YRS Sedan for mum, its a 1.5 Auto with Safety Pack, Mats, Protectors etc for $20k exactly drive away.

Considering the YR is a 1.3 and a 2 door hatch you should be able to get a better deal.

www.discountnewcars.com.au has it listed at $16,264 not including on roads or tint.

From personal experience you should be able to get a better deal than discount new cars lists including your on road costs.

for example they list the YRS sedan in auto with Safety pack and metallic paint for $19697 + On roads and dealer delivery.

that's a really great deal, your drive away price is like the RRP listed for that model. Is that excl / incl insurance? I am looking at a 5dr auto YR model. It's listed as $17,890 rrp (excl dealer delivery + on road costs), let's hope I can get it like $18k drive away.

that's a really great deal, your drive away price is like the RRP listed for that model. Is that excl / incl insurance? I am looking at a 5dr auto YR model. It's listed as $17,890 rrp (excl dealer delivery + on road costs), let's hope I can get it like $18k drive away.

Yeah it was a great deal. You should be able to do similar deal, especially if you get an 07 build. $18k should be doable if you push hard and the dealer has it in stock. Go for your local dealer, apparantly according to the manager at our local dealer, the dealers get better incentives to sell locally. (might not be true but who knows?)

Timing is also important, we went in to get mums yaris at 11.30am on 31st Dec. Did the deal by 1pm. Dealer had the silver one in the yard so they registered it and did pre delivery the same day and we picked it up at 3.30pm on New Years Eve. :yahoo: Dealer must have been keen to push december sales up.

Insurance was $520 extra for my mum, but we transferred the policy over from her old car which we just sold. So she didn't have to pay anu extra now.

Goodluck.

Edited by DKzr6

• 6 months later...
Just so you have a price comparison.

Yaris YR

Hatchback

3DR

Auto

Black

Tinted Windows

Floor Mats

Drive away at $17,750 from Le Mans Toyota Footscray.

wow. with tinted windows and floor mats too.

Also got a black auto 3dr, May '08 build, minus tint (did it aftermarket for $220) with mats and full fuel for $17,500 in Sydney, but this was a rush job (same day) as the wife needed a new car urgently for her business. I might have driven a much sweeter deal if I had more time. Also there is not that much wiggle room at the bottom end of the market, and the dealer is unlikely to go upside down on a deal, so there is probably only so much you can squeeze out of them. Having said that if you want to try driving a better deal consider doing the following as a matter of course;

1. Ask for the driveaway price, or changeover price if trading-in, on the configuration you want.

2. Go insanely low; Say for e.g. "I only have 16,500 to spend, but I can do cash and I will sign today".

3. Don't budge on the price too much (perhaps $500?). Hang on to your original price for as long as possible.

4. Be prepared to walk away if they won't play, and go to another dealer. Eventually you will probably get the price you're after.

Cheers.

Edited by Homeside

• 6 months later...