My clutch just died :(

Simo

Just drving home from that stupid orstraya day **** at parliament house and when I give her a kick in the guts she revs right out :(

Im guessing my clutch has shat iself...

Should I upgrade or get another stock clutch?!?!

Recommendations please :P

Simo

Edited by Simo

Just drving home from that stupid orstraya day **** at parliament house and when I give her a kick in the guts she revs right out :(

Im guessing my clutch has shat iself...

Should I upgrade or get another stock clutch?!?!

Recommendations please :P

Simo

Get the TRD clutch and flywheel man, cos i am looking one too, ring some parts in hk and quoted me around $1100 for both, but need shipping and may incur tax if not lucky, if you are interested I can ring and ask for any discount for 2

• 2 weeks later...
Everytime I ring a place enquirying about an Exedy sports tuff heavy duty clutch I get "Why would you need a heavy duty clutch in a corolla?!"

:blink:

simo plz pm me the details for these places ..... lol ..... i might make a few phone calls just to stir ......

i get this rubbish all the time until i drive down their and they c wat the stuff is going on then they are slightly educated bogans ......

my usually response over the phone is "because i can and the manufactorer obviously makes the product for a reason"

Dude if your girlfriend/wife drives the car as well then the HD clutch may not be the way to go.

mate the HD exedy is fine ...... my mum is able to drive my car no problems ..... before boosting it that is ;) :lol: :lol:

Dude if your girlfriend/wife drives the car as well then the HD clutch may not be the way to go.

Im only 21 and like drinking beer with my mates, so a sheila isnt for me at this particular point in time...

simo plz pm me the details for these places ..... lol ..... i might make a few phone calls just to stir ......

i get this rubbish all the time until i drive down their and they c wat the stuff is going on then they are slightly educated bogans ......

my usually response over the phone is "because i can and the manufactorer obviously makes the product for a reason"

On the Exedy website on there dealer list under the post code 2620....

Pretty much all of them LOL

Edited by Simo

Everytime I ring a place enquirying about an Exedy sports tuff heavy duty clutch I get "Why would you need a heavy duty clutch in a corolla?!"

hahah thats nothing i went into a tuning shop and explained my little s/c project to them and they laughed and said you are watsing your time just get an evo :blink: im not a violent person at all but i just wanted to smack that guy

i heard somewhere (probably i heard from this site) that its not necessarily the best idea to put HD clutches in stock cars, cos its moves the week point of the drive line to the tranny or something..... im not entirely sure so, im just sayin... please fill me in if im wrong or dnt have the whole idea

Simo if you have problems getting one then PM me and I may be able to get you one cheaper as well....

I got a rad quote on a stainless steel exhaust today I cant refuse, and the clutch has stopped playing up for the moment, but its next on the agenda so keep an eye out for a PM, thanks sir!!

hahah thats nothing i went into a tuning shop and explained my little s/c project to them and they laughed and said you are watsing your time just get an evo :blink: im not a violent person at all but i just wanted to smack that guy

hahahahahah yeah these types of guys crack me up ...... was funny i rang up autobarn for a hose to go to my BOV n the dude was like "wat car" .... "why BOV" .... was in totally dis-belief that i was off my nut .... lol ... so i went down there to pick out the hose i would need ..... needless to say i had the entire autobarn staff out the front with my bonnet up ..... the look on their faces was mastercard material ..... that attitude just ****s me ..... in all honesty like ive said before .... my automated response is im not a sheep and im not planning to be like everyone else ......

anyway back on topic .... black turkey the exedy HD is by no mean a clutch thats going to start stressing everything else but its the simple laws of mechanics .... strengthen the weakest point and u just made something else the weakest point ..... this is something thats not avoidable ..... that being said ive been driving on these clutches for 80K km's no probs.

Sorry to hijack the thread so to speak. Has any one here put i lightweight fly in i 1zz? Just wondering what driveability will be like? Thanks in advance.

Jarrod

im sure there are a few around show yourselves lol

im swaping my clutch over in a few weeks and installing toms light weight fly wheel so will let you know how i go..