Land cusier brake caliper

Does anyone know whether if the stock land cusier 4 pot brake caliper will fit corolla sportivo ??

cheers

HAHA! Maybe with alot of effort, wont be a strait bolt on. It certainly wont fit in the stock wheels either. The offset is all wrong. ask some of the guys who have done 'big brake' upgrades (xoom) to see what you can get. superdave also has a post which has been stickied in the brakes and suspension section which goes through all the after market brake kits you can buy.

Does anyone know whether if the stock land cusier 4 pot brake caliper will fit corolla sportivo ??

cheers

If you have access to it, be a pioneer and see if the caliper will fit on the mounts. The rotor issue can be sorted out later.

Hi guys

I went to winton trackday last week, just 1 section my brakes were gone ......

I was using:

1) Motul RBF600 brake fluid

2) New brake master cylinder

3) New braided brake hose

4) New EBC green stuff, i'm thinking of selling it for $150 F&R

And my friend's sprinter was using Land crusier caliper, it feels really good, much more better than the stock stivo caliper... at least he can finish for the whole day. I did 1:46, rank 16 at that day, if my brakes were as good as my friend's sprinter, I think i can finsih within 1:44.... :angry:

Just been looking on another forum and aparently Vr4 twin piston calipers and rotors fit on corolla with minimal mods. I'm waiting on more info though. Also aparantley vr4 and Evo 1 to 3 have pretty much the same brakes.

Edited by punk_rolla

Just found out VR4/EVO 1 to 3 are 4 x 114.3, so redrilling is required on the disks :(

So the search continues for straight swapsies!!!!!!!!!

mate u r gona struggle big time to find a "straight swap" ...... if thats wat ur after then u might as well get urself a big brake kit because they are made explicitly for the application they are going on.

if ur on a budget and are trying to piece something together then ur going to have to submit to the fact that u will be hard pressed to find a straight swap. I mean if u dont even want to re-drill discs then ur search is over before u even began.

I would suggest u download the DBA catalog and go through it and find just how many cars share the same disc setup as the rolla .... once u c that the answer to that is not many then how many of those have their calipers that will bolt up and the bigger question be better than the stock setup ...... again probably none but i leave it 2 u to do ur research.

I got 2 reasons i'm after a straight swap.

- i just to put it all toghther my self one weekend without workshop downtime (i suppose re-drilling isn't too bad, but wold preffer bolt on, but if everything else vr4 bolts on, i'd be happy); and

- i want it to look stock as possible (insurance cough cough), so big brake kits are not really an option.

Edited by punk_rolla

- i just to put it all toghther my self one weekend without workshop downtime (i suppose re-drilling isn't too bad, but wold preffer bolt on, but if everything else vr4 bolts on, i'd be happy); and

as long as ur getting another set of discs that have the wrong PCD which is y u need to re-drill there is no downtime 4 ur car. becuz ur re-drilling the set u just bought ..... ur not touching the ones on ur car.

- i want it to look stock as possible (insurance cough cough), so big brake kits are not really an option.

i guess i come back to my previous post ..... good luck with finding something .... i really hope u do but like i said ur chances are not lookin good. Also mind u if u get someone with half a brain inspecting ur car then ur up shyt creek anyway bcuz then u wont be covered by ur insurance ..... i dont understand y ppl want to do dodgies like this but hey its ur choice .......