Toyota Genuine Kappa 18 inch Wheels

aurion_zr6

Hey guys

Went to buy the aurion today and the dealer told me it was an extra $2000 for the Kappa wheels which might i add look fairly nice and really set the car off. the $2000 does not include a credit for the wheels already fitted on the car, when i asked what happens to the wheels the dealer simply told me they are kept as spares for toyota. Is he lieing to me or whats the go because thats pretty unfair me paying for wheels which i dont get

Also is there a way to trade the existing aurion wheels in to some place if i buy the car without kappa's and then decide i want the kappa wheels?

thanks guys

Why get the Kappa's when you can get a set of these in 19" (with high quality tyres) for around the same price:

post-5934-1202812691_thumb.jpg

I sold the original wheels and tyres that came with the car on Ebay recently for $800.00.

Bit of a no brainer in my opinion! PM me if your interested, I can get you a great deal ;) .

Hey guys

Went to buy the aurion today and the dealer told me it was an extra $2000 for the Kappa wheels which might i add look fairly nice and really set the car off. the $2000 does not include a credit for the wheels already fitted on the car, when i asked what happens to the wheels the dealer simply told me they are kept as spares for toyota. Is he lieing to me or whats the go because thats pretty unfair me paying for wheels which i dont get

Also is there a way to trade the existing aurion wheels in to some place if i buy the car without kappa's and then decide i want the kappa wheels?

thanks guys

How u doin mate. I have only just spoilt myself and bought an Aurion ZR6 ... what a great car. This weekend I get it fitted with 19x8 BBOSS wheels (silvia) and the 245/35zr19 ... damn I forget the brand ... pretty nice looking tyre neway. You should take a look at there website and see what you think. http://www.bbosswheels.com/ The price for the package was just over 2k which did include a trade from Bob Jane. See what you think anyway

Ciao

Why get the Kappa's when you can get a set of these in 19" (with high quality tyres) for around the same price:

I sold the original wheels and tyres that came with the car on Ebay recently for $800.00.

Bit of a no brainer in my opinion! PM me if your interested, I can get you a great deal ;) .

So you are comparing the TRD USA wheels to some sad aftermarket rim?

So you are comparing the TRD USA wheels to some sad aftermarket rim?

How is aftermarket rims sad?? if you go for some cheapo unknown brand then probably buy most aftermarket rims you find in your local Tyre stores e.g. Donallens, Bobjane, TTF are usually better than the ones that come with the car, have a closer look at rims

and probably I can guess here is that the TRD USA wheel is probably made from an aftermarket wheel co. just rebranded with the Toyota logo.

As it stands anything genuine from Toyota or any car manufacturer to be more exact is a rip off, over priced and usually the cheapest option from an aftermarket producer rebranded to the car brand.

and probably I can guess here is that the TRD USA wheel is probably made from an aftermarket wheel co. just rebranded with the Toyota logo.

What would I know, I was the one responsible for it being available for sale at the dealers in the first place.... :unsure: But whatever you reckon mate.

What would I know, I was the one responsible for it being available for sale at the dealers in the first place.... :unsure: But whatever you reckon mate.

To all dealers? through TMCA?

"So you are comparing the TRD USA wheels to some sad aftermarket rim?"

Nothing wrong with the quality of my aftermarket wheels, and judging by the amount of regular compliments I get, I know I'm on a winner!

I just can't understand why people would spend so much money on these 18" Kappa's when there are so many fantastic aftermarket wheels solutions out there at very affordable prices. It's insane how much dealers charge for upgrading wheels - we all know that and it's unjustifiable! I have no problem paying about 2K and getting awesome looking 19" wheels on 245's any day. And like I said previously, you should easily get at least $800.00 for your original wheels & tyres if you sell them privately i.e. Ebay.

Nothing wrong with the quality of my aftermarket wheels, and judging by the amount of regular compliments I get, I know I'm on a winner!

I just can't understand why people would spend so much money on these 18" Kappa's when there are so many fantastic aftermarket wheels solutions out there at very affordable prices. It's insane how much dealers charge for upgrading wheels - we all know that and it's unjustifiable! I have no problem paying about 2K and getting awesome looking 19" wheels on 245's any day. And like I said previously, you should easily get at least $800.00 for your original wheels & tyres if you sell them privately i.e. Ebay.

Agree, as long they look the goods and ADR approved then...

I believe that 90% of people out there don't know much about what available to them when buying new cars or cars in general, they pay for the comfort they think that will only come if they buy everything genuine (Be safe), but at such a ridiculous price they put on these parts, obviously businesses organisation exploit and prey on this trait.

Edited by AcoustiK

"I believe that 90% of people out there don't know much about what available to them when buying new cars or cars in general, they pay for the comfort they think that will only come if they buy everything genuine (Be safe), but at such a ridiculous price they put on these parts, obviously businesses organisation exploit and prey on this trait."

Well said, couldn't agree with you more :clap:

Agree, as long they look the goods and ADR approved then...

I believe that 90% of people out there don't know much about what available to them when buying new cars or cars in general, they pay for the comfort they think that will only come if they buy everything genuine (Be safe), but at such a ridiculous price they put on these parts, obviously businesses organisation exploit and prey on this trait.

I agree, Toyota does exploit and prey on all buyers, but in some cases you do get what you pay for. The methods in which they build the Kappa wheels and other brands like ANZ might be totaly different. They could be made through forging, machining, casting, and these all contribute to the overall characteristics of the wheel. For example it could be a lighter wheel and stronger compared to somthing that might weigh 3 times as much.

If I had to choose between ANZ wheels VS the TRD kappa, I would deffenitely go the TRD. Who cares if it is being made by an aftermarket company, I would be happy to know that TRD designers have used their knowledge to choose an overall bettter wheel.

My verdict is not to compare these two wheels against each other, you cannot compare the possiably heavier ANZ wheel with the lighter TRD one...

I agree, Toyota does exploit and prey on all buyers, but in some cases you do get what you pay for. The methods in which they build the Kappa wheels and other brands like ANZ might be totaly different. They could be made through forging, machining, casting, and these all contribute to the overall characteristics of the wheel. For example it could be a lighter wheel and stronger compared to somthing that might weigh 3 times as much.

If I had to choose between ANZ wheels VS the TRD kappa, I would deffenitely go the TRD. Who cares if it is being made by an aftermarket company, I would be happy to know that TRD designers have used their knowledge to choose an overall bettter wheel.

My verdict is not to compare these two wheels against each other, you cannot compare the possiably heavier ANZ wheel with the lighter TRD one...

I appreciate your opinion, but would you really pay $2k to upgrade your wheels & tyres from 17" to 18" and have Toyota keep the originals instead of paying 2k for quality 19" wheels and tyres and potentially selling your originals for $800 to 1k? Conservative style 18" Kappa's won't turn any heads when your driving down the street, I guarantee a nice set of 19" aftermarket wheels (like the one's I have) will for sure.

Doesn't make much logical sense to me but each to their own.

Edited by Sanz

I appreciate your opinion, but would you really pay $2k to upgrade your wheels & tyres from 17" to 18" and have Toyota keep the originals instead of paying 2k for quality 19" wheels and tyres and potentially selling your originals for $800 to 1k? Conservative style 18" Kappa's won't turn any heads when your driving down the street, I guarantee a nice set of 19" aftermarket wheels (like the one's I have) will for sure.

Doesn't make much logical sense to me but each to their own.

a set a really good 19" don't cost 2K, shop around at larger stores and you will find that the average price would be starting from $3000 plus. Smaller stores will only keep the low budget wheels, and so maybe $2000 for a set of 18" isn't that bad.

a set a really good 19" don't cost 2K, shop around at larger stores and you will find that the average price would be starting from $3000 plus. Smaller stores will only keep the low budget wheels, and so maybe $2000 for a set of 18" isn't that bad.

2K will get you a set of wheels & tyres like the one's I have on my ZR6 and they couldn't compliment the car any better.

Im not saying the Kappas arent good wheels, they should be as what I read somewhere RacingHart makes some of the TRD rims not too sure about the kappa...,. Although for 2K I would expect these to be a 2 piece 3 piece rim, or very lightweight racing rims, not just a better looking stock Zr6 rims which are shyte.

That saying....

"A race inspired wheel design that allows fitment of even lower profile 225/45 R18 95Y tyres for that high performance look is definitely what will set your Aurion apart from the rest. All Toyota Genuine Alloy Wheels are manufactured to Toyota's stringent standards and tested for strength and durability." - The sentance does not look promising looks more like fluff....

Although hvent seen these rims in the flesh closeup so I cant really judge but by judging on everything else toyota provides as genuine and overpriced i am making the assumption that this would fall into this category.

Hey guys

thanks guys

Sounds like you're better off buying the car without the Kappa wheels. Buy them once you already have the car and sell the stock MAGs to make $800 back on the deal... That's if it works out cheaper this way.

Edited by Stealth

Guest dong-soo

when buying rims the most important factor is to have a lighter rim in a better offset and with than the previous rims.

i guess appearance CAN also be a factor too. but in my opinion not a decisive one.

there is a high chance the TRD rims will be better ofset and weight as well as width than aftermarket

Edited by dong-soo

Well aftermarket could mean anything really, you can get cheapothat weigh a tonne or you can get 3 piece forged lightweight racing rims that will weigh like nothing,

Do yourself a favour get a price for the TRD rims, and do shop around, I bet you can get better with the price youd pay for the TRD rims.

Well aftermarket could mean anything really, you can get cheapothat weigh a tonne or you can get 3 piece forged lightweight racing rims that will weigh like nothing,

Do yourself a favour get a price for the TRD rims, and do shop around, I bet you can get better with the price youd pay for the TRD rims.

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most of the best well known light weight wheels all one piece... its more like 1 piece forged lightweight wheels compared to the heavier 3 piece wheels.

Manufacturers tend to use the 3 piece for more bling setups. For example, the lip of a 3 piece wheel could be polished or chromed, while the spokes might get powder coated or painted.

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't most of the best well known light weight wheels all one piece... its more like 1 piece forged lightweight wheels compared to the heavier 3 piece wheels.

Manufacturers tend to use the 3 piece for more bling setups. For example, the lip of a 3 piece wheel could be polished or chromed, while the spokes might get powder coated or painted.

Correct to a point, the lightest you will get will be in a 1 piece platform of course given less material attachment, but you can get racing lightweight 3 piece rims, for example simmons racing is a top brand, do a search in google for 3 piece lightweight rims and ull be suprised.