NUNAWADING TOYOTA IS A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE

cndpk

I brought in my Yaris only to find yet again a service department that overcharges, does not deliver on time, and will not honour warranties. My A/C and heat fan system failed because leaves were blocking it from letting the water out. I park in my car in a garage and only drive around Melbourne. Appearantly, the leaves that got into my ac system, I should have been checking for weekly. I was told that I did not follow the owners manual because I wasnt having a dig around every week just in case there were leaves-even though none were visable. They will fix it though if I leave it for a few days and pay $800! :help:

Not only that but the tech working on my car changed my cd and threw the one I was listening to in the back seat-nice touch.

What can I do to get these guys?

What can you do to 'get' these guys....firstly, don't come onto forums sruking like that...

As for the leaves, yes, it is the owners responsibility to ensure that systems are maintained. Whilst it may seem unreasonable to expect an owner to have the knowlege on how to keep air intake areas free of leaves and debris, at the end of the day, if it is an area where leaves can easily get to by simply driving down the street (as you say your car is kept garaged) then it obviously should only be then building up in places where you can see/reach/monitor.

If you really feel that this is an unreaslistic request, then you should, politley, contact the Toyota customer service number, which you can find in your handbook.

MY ADVICE IS TO ALWAYS BE NICE AND APPROACH THE CONVERSATION IN A REALISTIC AND REASONABLE POSITION.

I have seen too many times people calling this number, having a go at how they think it is rediculous what has happened, then cracking the darky when it doesnt go any fuirther.

If your local dealer has genuinly tried to stooge you, then TMC hotline will help, you just have to be nice to them...You need to note that a lot of dealers around the counrty, as well as TMC head office read these forums, and the more people sit here and gripe without taking reasonable and non-emotionally charged steps to resolve, the less they are gonna want to help. Their attitue will be that "oh, this is than nutter from the Toyota forum that bagged us..."

Just my advice, up to you what you do with it....

After many years working in some form of customer service based environments, I always found that if someone approached, regardless of how major or minor an issue is, with a "hey, heres an issue, can we have a look at fixing it?" type attitude, then it was always a pleasure to help, then these people would appreciate the help, and return business..where as people that are all like "f-en this and silly that and what are you gonna do about it and i'm telling everyone how crap you are" then I was always like, whatever....

The main thing to remember too with approaching a warranty/repair/replacement/customer service issue is that your tone of voice sets the mood. It doesnt matter how polite you are, rudeness is detected in you tone....not in your words...

TMC head office read these forums, and the more people sit here and gripe without taking reasonable and non-emotionally charged steps to resolve, the less they are gonna want to help

Well said Aaron.

And how the fluck did all those leaves get in there?????

P.S. the title to this thread is slanderous so Steve may wish to edit it

Edited by Tayles

well said guys a little politeness goes a long way. :yahoo: i also think that the title should be changed

At no point, did I mention how I explained or expressed the issue to the staff. It is never the fault of the employees whose livelyhood is dependant on following the written and unwritten company policy. It is never a good idea to blame the men in the trenches-eventhough it is common practice for a commission to be given to service staff who arrange for often needless repairs-they did not make the rules.

It is possible to be reasonable and restrained even when boiling. My experience with commercial air travel has taught me well.

Being the lounge area, free speech (within the limits of decency) should reign. Slander, even if you can prove it, is against an individual not an entity. The point was to express frustration at a business that has in at least 3 cases I know of personally refused any warranty responsibility and charged rates that are beyond reason.

Thanks for the advice. I have been told by Fair Trade that I have a case. I just want to get these guys to honour a "bumper to bumper" warranty.

I'd always be polite.

At the end of the day though, I also encountered horrid service from a dealer here in Canberra who had a racist, misogynist Service Manager.

My revenge agaist Toyota Australia will be the fact that my next car won't be a Toyota, so I don't really need to have a go at them. Haha. Noobs.

well said guys a little politeness goes a long way. :yahoo: i also think that the title should be changed

At no point, did I mention how I explained or expressed the issue to the staff. It is never the fault of the employees whose livelyhood is dependant on following the written and unwritten company policy. It is never a good idea to blame the men in the trenches-eventhough it is common practice for a commission to be given to service staff who arrange for often needless repairs-they did not make the rules.

It is possible to be reasonable and restrained even when boiling. My experience with commercial air travel has taught me well.

Being the lounge area, free speech (within the limits of decency) should reign. Slander, even if you can prove it, is against an individual not an entity. The point was to express frustration at a business that has in at least 3 cases I know of personally refused any warranty responsibility and charged rates that are beyond reason.

Thanks for the advice. I have been told by Fair Trade that I have a case. I just want to get these guys to honour a "bumper to bumper" warranty.

I'm still wondering how the leaves got in there!

Can you show us pics? Might be helpful to Yaris owners.

At no point, did I mention how I explained or expressed the issue to the staff.

You didn't need to. THe title of the thread and the manner of tone in your initial post did that for me....

Just remember, Forums aren't always full of bogans, some of us have done extensive training in Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Psychology.

I have been trained to understand a Customer's attitude by the words they use in written format.

At no point, did I mention how I explained or expressed the issue to the staff.

You didn't need to. THe title of the thread and the manner of tone in your initial post did that for me....

Just remember, Forums aren't always full of bogans, some of us have done extensive training in Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Psychology.

I have been trained to understand a Customer's attitude by the words they use in written format.

Yup. Azza was the first one on here to figure out that I was clinically insane.

Yup. Azza was the first one on here to figure out that I was clinically insane.

Didn't need to figure it out, the sign on your friggin forehead stated it :P

• 2 weeks later...

I thought their service was actually half decent. I bought my old civic from them a few years back and it developed a weird shuddering noise that I now know was due to the steering pump. But they took it back 3 times and although they didnt actually fix it completely they made it better and genuinely seemed to have tried everything they could think of (except replace the steering pump lol). I got a courtesy car for over a week, they gave me a camry so I didnt really care that much since it was a better car. After all that they didnt charge a cent for any of it cause they said that although they made the problem better they never actually fixed it. They have also replaced parts under warranty for my Dad's kluger without question (one of those was him backing into a pole and blaming the parking sensors for not going off). So yea I dont have complaints against those guys, I only got my aurion from a different dealer because their prices were better.

Mate, u have every reason to be frustrated. U have every right to have not known to check for leaves.

But the situation is so and at the place and time, if you were in their position, I don't think u'd be as willing to deal with an agressive customer.

Ur choice of words and attitude towards how u attend to the problem are more critical as I'm sure you're aware.

Many of us here on the forum have had many problems with our own local Toyota Dealers, timely, costly and just as frustrating if not worse than urs.

Talk to the Service Manager, contact the Dealer's Customer Relations line, possibly try another Toyota Service Department and if you wish, contact the Industry's Ombudsmon, like u said u have freedom of speech here in Oz.

Its not just what you do in this situation mate, its also How you do it.

Suggestion: Be Patient, Talk as if your a dummy and acknowledge what the dealer has to say. You just never know.

Good luck mate. N keep us up to date on the progress. :)

Mate, u have every reason to be frustrated. U have every right to have not known to check for leaves.

But the situation is so and at the place and time, if you were in their position, I don't think u'd be as willing to deal with an agressive customer.

Ur choice of words and attitude towards how u attend to the problem are more critical as I'm sure you're aware.

Many of us here on the forum have had many problems with our own local Toyota Dealers, timely, costly and just as frustrating if not worse than urs.

Talk to the Service Manager, contact the Dealer's Customer Relations line, possibly try another Toyota Service Department and if you wish, contact the Industry's Ombudsmon, like u said u have freedom of speech here in Oz.

Its not just what you do in this situation mate, its also How you do it.

Suggestion: Be Patient, Talk as if your a dummy and acknowledge what the dealer has to say. You just never know.

Good luck mate. N keep us up to date on the progress. :)

i like this thread. its fun to read. hopefully toyota nunawading will be fair and do it for free instead of asking 800 dollars :)