ZRE152 Corolla ordering waiting times?

Pauly

Im not sure if im the only one that finds this remotely odd.

I ordered the Corolla Levin SX, in Graphite, with the Saftey Pack.

I am also considering getting the kappa alloys.

regardless.

I placed the order for my car on the 5th of December, and when I did the paperwork the 'estimated arrival date' was the 10th of March.

Now the online tracking has been updated to say the 7th of April!!! and to be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if I had to wait longer, which I personally think is just stupid!

Now if it was a really expensive car, say... a mini... which is custom built to what you want in terms of styling, etc etc etc. Then fair enough.

A mate of mine just got his brand new Mini Cooper S back in January, and he also waiting 5 months. and im ordering a COROLLA, not a MINI, and I have to wait the same amount of time?

Its a corolla... the most popular car in the world, the most popular car in Australia... and I have had to wait 5 months (thats almost half a year!) to get the car?

seems abit odd?

is this common?

should I call my dealer and ask them what the hell is going on?

cheers.

I was also considering cancelling the order all together, due to such a long wait. What are the T&C's regarding me cancelling my order? I did put a depostit of $1500 down, will I loose that? or since its gone well outside of their estimated arrival date, can I get out and keep my deposit?

Edited by Pauly

Im not sure if im the only one that finds this remotely odd.

I ordered the Corolla Levin SX, in Graphite, with the Saftey Pack.

I am also considering getting the kappa alloys.

regardless.

I placed the order for my car on the 5th of December, and when I did the paperwork the 'estimated arrival date' was the 10th of March.

Now the online tracking has been updated to say the 7th of April!!! and to be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if I had to wait longer, which I personally think is just stupid!

Now if it was a really expensive car, say... a mini... which is custom built to what you want in terms of styling, etc etc etc. Then fair enough.

A mate of mine just got his brand new Mini Cooper S back in January, and he also waiting 5 months. and im ordering a COROLLA, not a MINI, and I have to wait the same amount of time?

Its a corolla... the most popular car in the world, the most popular car in Australia... and I have had to wait 5 months (thats almost half a year!) to get the car?

seems abit odd?

is this common?

should I call my dealer and ask them what the hell is going on?

cheers.

I was also considering cancelling the order all together, due to such a long wait. What are the T&C's regarding me cancelling my order? I did put a depostit of $1500 down, will I loose that? or since its gone well outside of their estimated arrival date, can I get out and keep my deposit?

its normal, i too am waiting on delivery of Levin ZR ordered in mid december... did you request to have a sunroof? i was told at the time i bought mine that if i wanted a car without sunroof i wouldn't hafta wait that long.... the fact i got sunroof i had to wait for one from Japan....

oddly you hafta wait till april? that sucks.... anyways i have confirmed delivery date of 7th march...

anyways... its no point comparing your corolla to your mates mini... both cars are built overseas, car companies forecast sales and import a certain number of cars in the country, unfortunately in this situation they have under estimatied its popularity. also put in mind corolla's don't only come to australia...therefore which ever country or countries is building the corolla they are building it for the world market, now factor in how many cars they can pump out in 1 day.... starting to see the point?

regarding your deposit... you deposited $1500... regardless of whatever reason.... if YOU cancel, the dealer will be able to keep your deposit. (unless the sale was subject to finance approval, which you will have to provide them poof you been declined for finance in order to cancel)

so hang in there, "good things come to those that wait"

this can sometimes happen .... its unfortunate ..... the only thing u can really do which is not going to cost u money is to either get in touch with the dealership or contact toyota HQ directly and give them a serving and see if they will do anything to compensate u.

Now regarding the cancellation ..... u will need to read the paper work u signed very carefully .... from memory there are clauses and bi-clauses etc etc in the contract ..... from memory they usually have a penalty for breaking sale contract before delivery like 2% or $1500 which ever is greater .... also i bet there is fine print which stipulates something to the effect that "toyota endevours to meet all dates however that they are simply estimates and the customer will be provided with regular updates yada yada yada"

So basically legal jargon to simply say they give u an estimate and if its wrong u cant use it against them ..... nice way to cover their butts ..... all big organisations do it.

re-read the paperwork that u signed it will have all the details .... there might be exit clauses or cooling periods etc but its unknown without getting ur exact contract u signed

yah! first post here.

Well I was meant to pick up my new ZRE152 Ascent Hatch today.

I called and asked if it was in and then the heartbreaking news.

Delayed for another month, maybe even longer because I got the luxury pack put in and because its a factory fitted option, I'll have to wait for another shipment to arrive.

I wish I was told this before when I signed on the dotted line. It would have been fine if they said its gonna be 2 months because of my installed options. But to be told, it will be ready Feb 25th then told on the day it isn't. Kick in the teeth if you ask me.

Oh well, nothing I can do but wait.

My first car too you see.

Edited by MrSexyFace

4 days and the dealer demo was mine!!!!! :toast:

dealer demos get thrased tho.....

i know when i went on the test drive i drove it like i just stole it ....... then wen the dealer suggest i take it off his hands i laughed it off as a joke given i had just thrashed its a.5.5 and imagine every other person before me who had done the same thing.

The first ZR I got I had to wait a few weeks due to finding one being damn near impossible. (With moonroof)

I think it was about 5 weeks.

Then the replacement came in 2 weeks after they decided to replace it. :P

The first ZR I got I had to wait a few weeks due to finding one being damn near impossible. (With moonroof)

umm why did you get a replacement? :blink:

I have read the contract and it says that if the seller doesnt provide the car within 14 days of the delivery date, im free to leave the contract and get my deposit back.

now is there a difference between 'Estimated Delivery Date' and 'Delivery Date'.

Because on the contract there is 'Estimated Delivery Date' in big bold writing right next to my signiture, as the 10th of March.

There is no mention of a 'Delivery Date' Anyway at all.

umm why did you get a replacement? :blink:

I have read the contract and it says that if the seller doesnt provide the car within 14 days of the delivery date, im free to leave the contract and get my deposit back.

now is there a difference between 'Estimated Delivery Date' and 'Delivery Date'.

Because on the contract there is 'Estimated Delivery Date' in big bold writing right next to my signiture, as the 10th of March.

There is no mention of a 'Delivery Date' Anyway at all.

Putting it simply, the first one broke....multiple times. :) - Long story short, it turned out something between the throttle body and engine computer was a bit broken, causing the car to trip into limp home mode, got a replacement vehicle after sorting that out, and bing. We were on our way. :)

But never fear, the replacement works like a charm! :D I was a pretty rare problem though from what I know. The Jan '08 build I've got now (last was an Aug '07) has been flawless, and I hope it stays that way :D

I ordered my Ascent, in graphite, with cruise & safety pack at June 07 and she was finally delievered at late August 07 (approx 8weeks). I could get a silver in less than one week or a black one in 3 weeks but I just love the graphite. It takes that long because the rollas are so popular here and graphite is definitely the best color on the new rollas. :yahoo:

Edited by iluvmyrolla

I was really lucky to received my Silver Corolla in one week. Bought it on the 30th June 2007 (last day of the financial year). Bought it with no options at all and bargin the price down to almost staff discount prices. :yahoo:

I know of stories with owners of Mazda3 who had to wait a lot more longer, because Japan production could not meet demands. They even had to build another factory to pump out more cars.

By the way, how many kilometres did your car have when you first bought it. Mine had 1km, the dealer reckons that is rare and I should be lucky.

I was really lucky to received my Silver Corolla in one week. Bought it on the 30th June 2007 (last day of the financial year). Bought it with no options at all and bargin the price down to almost staff discount prices. :yahoo:

I know of stories with owners of Mazda3 who had to wait a lot more longer, because Japan production could not meet demands. They even had to build another factory to pump out more cars.

By the way, how many kilometres did your car have when you first bought it. Mine had 1km, the dealer reckons that is rare and I should be lucky.

1km is super rare i reckon. I got mine with 16 or 17km.

This being my 1st car? you would assume there would be only a few hundred meters on the trip computer? Not 10, 15 20 KM!

Where they hell do they drive it?

EDIT:

Tofuboi, what is Home Mode? and how can I check my car to see if I have the same problem?

Edited by Pauly

This being my 1st car? you would assume there would be only a few hundred meters on the trip computer? Not 10, 15 20 KM!

Where they hell do they drive it?

EDIT:

Tofuboi, what is Home Mode? and how can I check my car to see if I have the same problem?

From what I know they do do test runs in them to make sure the car is up to dealer specification and quality. But nothing too fancy, 20km tops. Depending.

Home mode is basically something that the computer does when the computer registers a fault on a particular component. In my case it restricted throttle usage (max throttle about 10% not even that) and engine rpm to 3,000rpm. it's so you can still get the car to a toyota dealer or mechanic (preferably a dealer) so they can pull the fault code from the computer and check what actually went wrong and why.

Now I doubt you'll end up with the same problem, as I am pretty sure that in the '08 builds this problem was rectified. But don't quote me on it.

ordered my car in july 07, didn't get it till 30th October, granted it was because i had to actually turn 18 before i could get finance approved unless i had a guarantor and i didn't want that, but the car only arrived in Australia beginning of sep/late aug, the Toyota factories only build a certain type of car at once, they mass build them for a month or two depending on the demand then move on to something else, they build everything that was ordered, plus extras to be sold at the dealers as same or very short delivery days. they build corollas every 3 or 4 months, so you could be waiting up to 4 months for your car depending on your options + colour.

EDIT: If you've got money to throw around or interested in a holiday, you can arrange with your dealer to go to japan (at your cost) and watch YOUR exact car being built, every step of the way.

also my car had 30km on it once delivered, i suspect it was because toyota drove my car from Mitchell to fyshwick (for those people that know canberra) but roughly 15-20km or so? and then a mechanic test drive, rather than stick it on a truck like they should of, and i only got half a tank of fuel, is that normal? i thought the standard was a full tank.

Dave

Edited by Dave89

• 1 month later...

Ordered my Levin SX in mid Feb and picked it up Friday before last (18 April - it's just that it has taken me this long to refind this thread). I could have had one a week or so after orering but I wanted an 08 build so I had to wait.

I think from memory there was 5km on the car (up to the upholsterers and back for the leather)

I got a full tank of fuel with mine however this is not the norm and some dealers are actually promoting in their sales pitch. Other cars I have bought new have ranged between 1/4 tank and 1/2 tank (this is my fourth new car).

I went and ordered one the day they came out on the market. There was a Graphite Ascent in the storage shed and said its mine! so 2 weeks later I had my car :D

I would have gotten it earlier except I got the paint protection and stuff and they had to get it tinted.

ordered ours 9 april (silver levin zr, auto, moonroof, etc.). found out that morning that there was no silver levin zr auto with a moonroof around but, luckily, a check with the inventory of an incoming ship showed one was available. was with customs on the 23rd, delivered to the dealership on the 25th and we'll be getting the car on friday (could have been tomorrow but we don't have any free time wed and thurs, what with meetings and kids pickup!.

ordered ours 9 april (silver levin zr, auto, moonroof, etc.). found out that morning that there was no silver levin zr auto with a moonroof around but, luckily, a check with the inventory of an incoming ship showed one was available. was with customs on the 23rd, delivered to the dealership on the 25th and we'll be getting the car on friday (could have been tomorrow but we don't have any free time wed and thurs, what with meetings and kids pickup!.

I've just joined this forum. How's your ZRE152 Corolla going then?

Ordered mine on the 16th feb , delivered 19th march . Dealer offered to fill car or full set of mats and only what the car was delivered with plus 20 litres , which turned out to be between 1/4 and 1/2 anyway .When I picked it up there was 12ks on the odo , as i go them to do the window tint .