NEW SUPRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car looks to concepty, i dont think it will be that.

From what I have been told the GTR clocked the official 2nd fastest (off the shelf production car) around the Nurb at 7.38, number one still is the Porche Carrera GT at 7.28, wait till Vspec @ est 410kw being 330 pounds lighter or any nismo editions then it probably be #1.

From what I have been told the GTR clocked the official 2nd fastest (off the shelf production car) around the Nurb at 7.38, number one still is the Porche Carrera GT at 7.28, wait till Vspec @ est 410kw being 330 pounds lighter or any nismo editions then it probably be #1.

the carrera gt unfortunately got beaten by zonda f late last year by .2 secs.

7:27:82. hope the cgt gets the record back.

True to a point but there was alot of debate whether this was a true production car, they said the Radical SR3 Turbo was a production car, it made the quickest time as well and the BMW M3 CSL made 7.22 but it was very heavily modified but BMW claimed it was Production... I doubt the GT will reclaim, but Im sure though Porche will build a meaner machine soon enough to claim back the crown....

That said GTR being 4 - 3 times less in price to those said, acheiving that time is a super acheivement from a supercar that you dont need to be a hollywood star to afford!

True to a point but there was alot of debate whether this was a true production car, they said the Radical SR3 Turbo was a production car, it made the quickest time as well and the BMW M3 CSL made 7.22 but it was very heavily modified but BMW claimed it was Production... I doubt the GT will reclaim, but Im sure though Porche will build a meaner machine soon enough to claim back the crown....

That said GTR being 4 - 3 times less in price to those said, acheiving that time is a super acheivement from a supercar that you dont need to be a hollywood star to afford!

m3 csl 7.22 is definately not accepted as production record as the car is heavily modified. radical sr3 turbo is not accepted as production car record as its not road legal. it cant go over little speed bumps etc. however zonda is fine.

Back onto topic, the concept car looks pretty hot in the flesh, its a hybrid, probably do some google searches about it.

I saw this beast when i went over to thailand and there was this toyota lounge thing and yeah, i got to see it.

but as someone has mentioned before, i reckon it looks too concepty.

but that LF-A thingo is definately beasty!

• 1 month later...

How is a Lexus going to be the flagship of Toyota? That doesn't make sense. Its a Lexus. The new 'so called supra' will go into production from what I've been told. They just haven't decided whether they'll call it a supra or not yet.

The lexus LF-A will be the new flagship sports car for the Toyota range. Time to start saving!!

I'd still rather the FT-HS as the new supra.

toyota-ft-hs-hybrid-sports-car-concept.jpg

FT-HS_cockpit.jpg

Ok, yes its unattractive ...yes it looks too space age. But how novel :lol:

But the concept of high power coming from not petrol, but an alternate electric motor, is pretty cool. Honda has started using a similar concept, where the cylinders shut off when you're either at low speed, or highway cruising.

Toyota have been using those hybrid setups in the lexus models for a few years now... when braking, that energy gets used to charge the electric motor. When at low speed and highway cruising, you use minimal petrol. When you floor it, the two motors work in unison... the electric one adding a bit of extra oomph to the primary petrol engine.

So it satisfies performance and fuel efficiency/emissions woes! How can that be bad??

Adding further fuel to the case for it (or taking it away, in fact :P ), is the hybrid supra that won the Tokachi 24 hr race in Japan.

In addition to the engine, it has 3 electric motors - 1 driving each rear wheel, and a 150kw unit in the back.

News_GLXXJS9C.jpg

Actually, Lexus / Toyota...no where near the same thing. I know I'm new to the forums, but trust me, Lexus and Toyota are not the same thing.

Toyota / Lexus... same. Meh.
Edited by TRD001

Although Lexus is essentially owned by Toyota, and even though they share some platforms, that's where the simularities end.

Materials used in Lexus interiors are not the same as Toyota, to begin with. The leather, plastic, woodgrain, etc etc are all Lexus specific and are not shared by any cars in the Toyota range.

Also, Lexus is way ahead in terms of technology, features and options available. Although, some features eventually find their way to Toyota vehicles a couple of years after Lexus has developed them.

Some paint codes are the same as Toyota but not all, mainly the silver. The white is different from Lexus to Toyota white.

The wheels used on all Lexus cars are also Lexus specific, meaning, you will not find the same wheels on a Toyota.

Lexus is operated as a different department all together.. Although they are both operated from the same head office in Sydney (Caringbah) they don't share the same logistics or marketing and TMCA and Lexus do their best not to have the two brands associated with each other.

Basically, Lexus is ran differently to Toyota, both are controled by the same board/CEo etc, but they operate as two seperate companies in a way. From the way the cars are built, ordered, and allocated to dealers.

lexus is a division of toyota last time i heard.

Most of their cars are beefed up toyotas.

Aristo, celsior, landcruiser, altezza, cressida etc All have a lexus equivalent.

I have noticed recently though, that they have indepent cars now. The only one i've noticed still the same is the landcruiser and the lexus equivalent.

However...as different as the cars may be getting from each other. Lexus is still an arm of toyota based on luxury.

So saying that lexus aren't the same as toyota is farfetched

One example is the RS200 (or IS200). Toyota Altezza becomes Lexus IS200.

They both used the same wheels too.

It's probably a little different these days, but Lexus is still an actual division of Toyota. The only difference is that the individuality of Lexus as a brand is more distinct in terms of the chassis they use now.

Toyota Soarer / SC300 - 400 etc etc

It is a division of Toyota, and Toyota owned but not operated by Toyota in any way. Concepts are the same but they operate differently to Toyota. Different targets in terms of sales etc.

For example, when Toyota counts how many cars they sell per month, they don't include any Lexus vehicles. When reporting is done for Toyota, even though Lexus and Toyota both use the same logistics systems, during reporting, all Lexus cars are deleted from the results of the report so the Lexus cars are not counted.

Even the cars them selves are different quality to Toyota cars. Same owner, different brand, different everything besides where the head office is.

One example is the RS200 (or IS200). Toyota Altezza becomes Lexus IS200.

They both used the same wheels too.

It's probably a little different these days, but Lexus is still an actual division of Toyota. The only difference is that the individuality of Lexus as a brand is more distinct in terms of the chassis they use now.

Toyota Soarer / SC300 - 400 etc etc

Dont get me wrong, they are essentially the same in theory, but not even people within Toyota look at Lexus as the same as Toyota. Hence why they have their own displays at Motorshows.

Edited by TRD001

Dont get me wrong, they are essentially the same in theory, but not even people within Toyota look at Lexus as the same as Toyota. Hence why they have their own displays at Motorshows.

Yes, but notice HSV and FPV have different stalls to Holden and Ford, respectively.

Lexus may have its own specific parts and suppliers, but it doesnt change the fact that their money comes from Toyota - the parent company. I'm almost certain that both companies operate under the same philosophy - "Kaizen" (loosely translated to "the constant search for improvement")

Note that Lexus is the premium brand - if you want the leading technology, you buy the lexus and pay the extra cash.

Inevitably though, as time progresses, the technology once exclusive to lexus is then integrated into the lower rank toyotas - eg. hybrid engines. Likewise, solid platforms (such as the altezza) are integrated with premium technology to create a niche product (IS 200).

Edited by Leroy

That's what I said earlier, that they are owned by the parent company, but they operate completely on their own.

I know what Kaizen means, its continueous improvement, and I'm sure Lexus practise that also, but in terms of logistic, operations, cars, orders, deliveries etc etc etc...they do it their own way, they don't follow the same strategies as Toyota.

And I did also mention that technology from Lexus is finding its way to Toyota, that's nothing new.

HSV and FVP are a different story, they still have 'Holden' and 'Ford' as part of their brand, Lexus isn't connected to Toyota in anyway on that sense.

Yes, but notice HSV and FPV have different stalls to Holden and Ford, respectively.

Lexus may have its own specific parts and suppliers, but it doesnt change the fact that their money comes from Toyota - the parent company. I'm almost certain that both companies operate under the same philosophy - "Kaizen" (loosely translated to "the constant search for improvement")

Note that Lexus is the premium brand - if you want the leading technology, you buy the lexus and pay the extra cash.

Inevitably though, as time progresses, the technology once exclusive to lexus is then integrated into the lower rank toyotas - eg. hybrid engines. Likewise, solid platforms (such as the altezza) are integrated with premium technology to create a niche product (IS 200).

Edited by TRD001