Paint Protection

did anyone get the paint protection? Does it make a difference?

I heard that it does nothing because it has the protection when it is painted at the factory as standard.

Has anyone with the paint protection had bird **** on their car and wiped it off with no stain marks?

I think paint protection is a rip off....

I take good care of my car anyway..

clean the car everyweek, wash every 2 week and wax every month.

btw ...i just notice i have this small chip in the patin for my front spoiler :(

its very small, but annoying...stupid rocks...

it's definately worth it...

when i got my levin..i had the whole protection package done...

and it made it heaps easier to cleann...you can really feel it..especially since i was only using the supplied shampoo and never used wax..coz the wax takes off the paint protection..

btw..i got the whole protection package for only $750.00 ;)

Yeah...that's what i thought. Try to talk u into it but i didn;t know it actually makes a difference. There was an NRMA report about paint protection advising that it comes standard from the factory and to refuse it if the dealer offers it to u. I forgot when this article was.

I just think it is a big rip off.

Paint protection is a Scam... 750 bux for some supposed miracle that will keep your car shiny for years without polishing ??? Seriously.. If you want you car to look good then the only way is with good old fashion elbow grease and good aftermarket waxes and polishes...

Q: When you spend 10k on a custom paint job for your show car has the spray painter ever tried to sell you paint protection ???

A: Yer right... :rolleyes:

Yet another reason why car dealers get richer and you guys get ripped off.. Now I know Im in the wrong business...

BTW anyone want to buy some some cheap turn signal fluid or muffler bearings... :lol::lol:

hahah this thread has gone from talkin about the wonders of paint protection to how its a complete scan and waste of money :lol:

but seriously, its done nothing for mine and, the guys were so smart they hardly washed the car before applying any of the protection stuff, so any dirt, drops and dust was covered over with the protective applicants. its great when u wash ur car and can find waterspots that you CANNOT wash off!! <_<

Simple methods for keeping your black car tip top...

Make sure your suds bucket is clean of grit and foreign objects...

Cleaning cloths or sponges shoud be free of grit and sand.. If you drop it on the ground when washng then get another.... DONT use it again until throughly clean..

Never wash your black car in direct sun, the heat of the day or while the paintwork is very hot... All you will do is get watermarks happeing... Always keep that in mind...

Always squirt the body work down with cold water before you start... Lots of bugs or ******* can be removed by using detergent straight from the container and rubbing with your hands... NEVER USE BRUSHES OR ABRASIVE CLENANERs !!! If your car is well polished bugs can be removed easily with a good high pressure cleaner.. Also try to use a different bucket and sponge for your wheels as the brake pad dust can contain metal filings that will damge your paint if rubbed onto the paint work..

Use a good quality leather chamois to get the water off... Which shouldnt be a lot if youve been keeping your polishing upto scratch.. If your a fanatic like me you can use an electric leaf blower... That gets all the water off super quick, plus it gets the annoying dribbles outta the the hard to get at spots..

As for polishing... Follow the directions to the letter on the product labels.. Plus read the polishing how tos on the http://www.meguiars.com website..

I use Meguiars gold Class Products which you can get from most auto stores like Super Cheap, Repco, Autobahn etc.. They cost a little more.. But like anything... You get what you pay for...

All this stuff takes time... There are no shortcuts to keeping the car looking good....

Exec6speed, u sure are a paranoide person arent u?

as if brake dust will scratch ur paint, do u kno how small a particle of brake dust is?

once u are using abrasives that small they acctually polish things(like metal).

and ur kinda contradicting urself by saying "But like anything... You get what you pay for... " when earlier in teh topic u where saying how factory tint is not worth it....

back to the topic: i heard paint protection is a layer of teflon or the like that they spray on ur car. i dunno if thats tru but im gonna buy it for sure(even tho itll b a white car), itll just mean in a few yrs my car will look better then the ones without it.

Heres something for you to try... Drive your car hard for about 2 weeks... Do some hard braking... Then get your damp cleaning cleaning cloth and wipe your front driving wheels clean... Now take it to the bonnet and start rubbing... Lets see you get those swirlies out... Dude Paranoid I may be but black cars with swirls and scratches look like *******...

BTW folks its your money... But like I said paint protection aint worth squat... :rolleyes:

I wonder if we can put together an correlation of why I know so much about this paint protection stuff .. Hmmm I wonder...

i'm almost just as pandantic as you with cleaning the car......i don't use a leaf blower....everything else i pretty much do.

i use a chiamos and a buff mit.

I was offered paint protection with my car, like everyone else.But when I researched the car on the Toyota web site (like everyone else) I noticed that the car had a 3 year warranty on the paint. So I asked myself will I keep the car for 3 years, the answer, most likely not. So for me getting paint protection was not worth the expense. There appears to be doubt here as to wether paint protection protects the paint as the dealer claims or not. I think in my case I made a good decission not to get it.

Well worth getting paint protection but make sure you haggle with the dealer. The markup (profit to dealer ) is about 70%. So if they say the cost is $300, say you wont pay more than $150 - they will probably do it for that....see how you go

yeah i agree with Exec6speed

Paint Protection is a load of BS! + interior protection is a load of crap when they offer this with new cars...

Just spend the time taking care of the car inside and out and you can't go wrong :lol: