[WA] 5 April 08 MEET + CRUISE Details

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rain is good for the the day. make sure you get to choose a course with the small hairpin turn...the instructor will get you to do a handbrake turn.

hahah i remember that one :P but yeh.. will get smething interesting :D hopefully not too much rain ey.. or else it just slideee

I might not wash my car for the meet :P

x2 :D

Yeah I dont wanna wash my car just to have the rain and mess up my hard work. :P Although ill give the inside of my car a clean, since it really needs one :P

Hi guys and girls,

Last two days while I've been sitting in my office working, I'm come to the realisation that it is most likely going to rain on Saturday; the day of the cruise. Even though I know the majority of you are a reliable and smart lot, I feel as though this needs to be drilled into some people’s heads. Let me make it clear and simple:

1) Please don’t speed. The reason I’ve mentioned this is due to the fact that I’ve been made aware of some rather idiotic activity at the last couple of meets by a couple of individuals. Travelling at speeds of double the limit in the area is just plain silly. I for one know I cannot corner a sharp 90degree bend at 100kph on a Corolla, and I highly doubt Peter Schumacher would be able to either. You’re putting yourself at high risk as a slight bump of a rock or the curb and set your car flying. Moreover, you’re putting those around you in danger. I really do not want to be the bearer of bad news. You might get away with it on a dry road, but a wet road I wish you the best of luck. If you feel the need to speed, take it to the tracks or spin around on the skidpan with us on Saturday. There are safer places to do these things.

2) Please don’t do anything silly like burnouts, doughies, swerving into lanes and yelling stuff out of the car. I live near Burswood, and I can guarantee some of us will most likely be driving past or parallel to a cop during our cruise past that area. Since we’re travelling as a bunch, if they pull one over they’ll have the tendency to pull the rest over. Police are police, and if they want to be bastards they can. They can yellow sticker this and that for your HID headlights because it’s not projector lenses or your exhaust for being too loud, and give you fines for travelling at 1kph over the limit if they want to be picky. It’s no fuss to them; they’re just doing their job and being ****s. On the other hand, you’d be frustrated at having to either argue about your fines at their office or pay them. Either way it is a lose-lose situation for you.

Before you say “Who is this Jason guy and who does he think he is; our parents?” Put it simply, no I’m not and I’m not trying to be one either. I’m only giving you nice bunch a nice reminder as a concerned friend. If I didn’t care about you lot one bit I wouldn’t have spent 15 minutes of my work time typing this, nor would I even bother helping Ken to think of places/parks/shops for us to go to. I’ve met quite a few of you and you guys are a really nice friendly bunch, and I would hate to see any of you get hurt. I know we’re all car enthusiasts, and there is a time and a place for us car enthusiasts to do things like drive at high speeds to get our adrenaline going; whether it is to take out your frustration for the week or make yourself feel more like a man in the pants. At the end of the day, if you do decide to do outrageous things on the road and be an idiot I can’t help or stop you. I just hope nothing bad will happen to you, and more importantly those around you at the time.

Cheers,

Jase

P.S. I’m also a little worried because as there are a lot of us. If we drive as a group and take into consideration the rain we have a shorter stopping distance, we might end up having a domino style pile up at some point if we’re not careful. It’ll literally destroy the good reputation of the club and it’s people, seeing multiple Toyotas (or most likely Corollas in our case) doing each other up the bum.

It’ll literally destroy the good reputation of the club and it’s people, seeing multiple Toyotas (or most likely Corollas in our case) doing each other up the bum.

good write up jase :) much appreciated. like all of us had said... if u gna speed u speed thats ur problem.. we dnt wanna know bout it as long as it doesnt end up bitting us in the *****...

especially the 10 of us.. (9 for now) after AHG ur adrenaline will be sky high and tend to do what u learn on the track back in the open road.. which can be dangerous considering its rainy day... so i hope everyone will rmb that one too :)

its no good lookin @ 10 corollas being towed away.. more of a tow truck cruise then a rolla cruise :P

THINGS TO REMEMBER too..

1. keep ur eyes on the road, not on ur camera.. if u wanna take photo.. bring smeone with u so they can do it for u

2. dont talk on the mobile if u dont have to but if u do.. use speaker phone or handfree and keep ur eyes on the road..

3. know ur road... if you are not familiar with the area.. dont change lane or speed or try to get to the middle of the cruise (or worst try to lead).. stay where you are and keep a look out for where everyone is going :)

4. no tailgating please.. in rainy days like jase just said.. u will have NO CHANCE stopping if smeone suddenly slam on thier brakes...

5. be sensible..

OH before i forget.. anyone that wanna do the above 5 can happily do it down @ the skid pan :P (well not all of them.. but yeh) COME ON.. ONE MORE SPOT LEFT.. grab it before its too late...

Edited by Kenneth

Yeap..if whoever leads..just follow behind them..dont go ruhsing past them n stuff..

keep below speed limit..and not overtaking like nuts.. :)

i sure dont want any accident to happen esp between our own forum ppl... :)

but i belive everyone will be good :)

good write up jase..n good add on ken :P

Edited by J e r e M y

Hi guys and girls,

Last two days while I've been sitting in my office working, I'm come to the realisation that it is most likely going to rain on Saturday; the day of the cruise. Even though I know the majority of you are a reliable and smart lot, I feel as though this needs to be drilled into some people’s heads. Let me make it clear and simple:

1) Please don’t speed. The reason I’ve mentioned this is due to the fact that I’ve been made aware of some rather idiotic activity at the last couple of meets by a couple of individuals. Travelling at speeds of double the limit in the area is just plain silly. I for one know I cannot corner a sharp 90degree bend at 100kph on a Corolla, and I highly doubt Peter Schumacher would be able to either. You’re putting yourself at high risk as a slight bump of a rock or the curb and set your car flying. Moreover, you’re putting those around you in danger. I really do not want to be the bearer of bad news. You might get away with it on a dry road, but a wet road I wish you the best of luck. If you feel the need to speed, take it to the tracks or spin around on the skidpan with us on Saturday. There are safer places to do these things.

2) Please don’t do anything silly like burnouts, doughies, swerving into lanes and yelling stuff out of the car. I live near Burswood, and I can guarantee some of us will most likely be driving past or parallel to a cop during our cruise past that area. Since we’re travelling as a bunch, if they pull one over they’ll have the tendency to pull the rest over. Police are police, and if they want to be bastards they can. They can yellow sticker this and that for your HID headlights because it’s not projector lenses or your exhaust for being too loud, and give you fines for travelling at 1kph over the limit if they want to be picky. It’s no fuss to them; they’re just doing their job and being ****s. On the other hand, you’d be frustrated at having to either argue about your fines at their office or pay them. Either way it is a lose-lose situation for you.

Before you say “Who is this Jason guy and who does he think he is; our parents?” Put it simply, no I’m not and I’m not trying to be one either. I’m only giving you nice bunch a nice reminder as a concerned friend. If I didn’t care about you lot one bit I wouldn’t have spent 15 minutes of my work time typing this, nor would I even bother helping Ken to think of places/parks/shops for us to go to. I’ve met quite a few of you and you guys are a really nice friendly bunch, and I would hate to see any of you get hurt. I know we’re all car enthusiasts, and there is a time and a place for us car enthusiasts to do things like drive at high speeds to get our adrenaline going; whether it is to take out your frustration for the week or make yourself feel more like a man in the pants. At the end of the day, if you do decide to do outrageous things on the road and be an idiot I can’t help or stop you. I just hope nothing bad will happen to you, and more importantly those around you at the time.

Cheers,

Jase

P.S. I’m also a little worried because as there are a lot of us. If we drive as a group and take into consideration the rain we have a shorter stopping distance, we might end up having a domino style pile up at some point if we’re not careful. It’ll literally destroy the good reputation of the club and it’s people, seeing multiple Toyotas (or most likely Corollas in our case) doing each other up the bum.

Fair enough i say. i think that it is a good point. we should all do what is stated from jase and then we will have a great outing. I know i have done some stupid stuff in the past and it is so not worth it. so well done jase for pointing this out and every should just think is it really worth it. An idea could be to just put on some music that you really enjoy and just be chilling out. i know it works for me.

Dans

An idea could be to just put on some music that you really enjoy and just be chilling out. i know it works for me.

Dans

Crank that music ;) not the speedo!!!!

*Reminder :: One more spot left for AHG performance Driving :) THIS SAT!!* :P i swear im gna put this on each and every of my msg until i find someone hahaha.. all good

Cheers,

Jase

“Who is this Jason guy and who does he think he is; our parents?” :P

Well done dude thank you for writing this up!

x3

if its raining too much ill probably bail on the meet, ive got a stupid cold :(

hopefully the weather forecast is wrong .. bring on the sunshine!!!

Edited by misslevin

x3

:( bring on the lil dog u have

x3

:( bring on the lil dog u have

aww my puppy? she doesnt like driving with me because my cars a manual & she falls off the seat everytime i change gears.

aww my puppy? she doesnt like driving with me because my cars a manual & she falls off the seat everytime i change gears.

rofl! it'd be cute to watch :P

ONE SPOT LEFT FOR AHG!!! PM ME!!! THIS SAT!!!

Edited by Kenneth

i remember a few ppl saying they wanted in, but now theres a free spot they are hiding.. you know who you are! grow some balls :whistling:

ill ring a few ppl tomorow and see if we can fill this spot :D

i remember a few ppl saying they wanted in, but now theres a free spot they are hiding.. you know who you are! grow some balls :whistling:

ill ring a few ppl tomorow and see if we can fill this spot :D

thanks bro.. :P yeh.. people tend to dissapear once they r organised haha