Old School Corolla

KE70

Had any of you "Sportivo Pissers" even driven the Sportivo at all! Go arrange a test drive and maybe you'll all think otherwise :P Even i find the Sportivo satisfying over my modded 97 WRX so please... Like as if my WRX is slower than the Sportivo :blink: GET MY POINT!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is a performance gain (which there probably would be over my car, not sure about the GZE's.) they arent worth the $$$. Hmm lets see 2500 for a twin cam ae82 + 5000(guess) to help on a conversion to GTE vs 25000+ for a sportivo with "lift..." nup, older roller for me thanks.

Had any of you "Sportivo Pissers" even driven the Sportivo at all! Go arrange a test drive and maybe you'll all think otherwise :P Even i find the Sportivo satisfying over my modded 97 WRX so please... Like as if my WRX is slower than the Sportivo :blink: GET MY POINT!!!

I like torque in my car's... the Sportivo is quite boring in a "normal" rev range, the same way that the 4age 20V is very boring below 5500rpm.

The thing with the highly strung NA motors is they need a LIGHT car to perform to their full potential, any extra weight is a real killer

The GZE is great as it struggles for traction from 1800rpm at WOT, HEAPS of torque everywhere and a very easy car to drive fast.

I enjoy driving my GZE more than my modified 2001 WRX as it's like having a V8 in a small car ;) The only downside is the rate at which it goes through tyres! My last set lasted just on 10,000K's before they delaminated.

So can't all of us just get along now? We're all toyota enthusiasts right?

I've gone for a ride in the new ZZT celica, and i can say it was good fun. Although i will say from about 4000-6000rpm the car was pretty lack lustre, until the variable lift was engaged and then the thing took off - but of course the driver was having to rip gears real quick at 8000+rpm to try to stay in the power band.

Like rollamods said, its just the downfall of having a highly strung small capacity NA motor.... they dont have torque. But man are they fun to rev on the track.

Had any of you "Sportivo Pissers" even driven the Sportivo at all!  Go arrange a test drive and maybe you'll all think otherwise :P Even i find the Sportivo satisfying over my modded 97 WRX so please...  Like as if my WRX is slower than the Sportivo :blink:  GET MY POINT!!!

I like torque in my car's... the Sportivo is quite boring in a "normal" rev range, the same way that the 4age 20V is very boring below 5500rpm.

The thing with the highly strung NA motors is they need a LIGHT car to perform to their full potential, any extra weight is a real killer

The GZE is great as it struggles for traction from 1800rpm at WOT, HEAPS of torque everywhere and a very easy car to drive fast.

I enjoy driving my GZE more than my modified 2001 WRX as it's like having a V8 in a small car ;) The only downside is the rate at which it goes through tyres! My last set lasted just on 10,000K's before they delaminated.

So can't all of us just get along now? We're all toyota enthusiasts right?

Seems like we have something in common :P PEACE!! :lol::lol::lol:

Y dont u skirtivo fags go out and buy a real car with attitude not a fagmobile!!!! Get a ke70 ke30 ae92 ae86 or ae92 into ya not a boring plain jane buglike lookn gay named granny car!!!!!!!!!!

Y dont u skirtivo fags go out and buy a real car with attitude not a fagmobile!!!! Get a ke70 ke30 ae92 ae86 or ae92 into ya not a boring plain jane buglike lookn gay named granny car!!!!!!!!!!

Look dude. This topic is over. We've settled our disputes and are now friends again. Please do not try and stir anything up again. This forum is here to help each other and not to diss each others car. Though it may not be a Sportivo forum, but it isn't a ke70 ke30 ae92 ae86 or ae92 forum either. So chill. :D

DVS12C - Which hole did u crawl out of mate, Who gives you the right to diss a car, How about we start to diss ur car. We have all started to get along (look at the cruise that a few of the guys had on the weekend) and now u come here all puffed up and ready to stirr sh*t

Post a pic and let us have a go at you.

Lets see if u have the balls to take some dissin!!!

Let me ask you these questions

1. Have you driven a sportivo?

2. Have you dragged a sportivo?

3. How much time and effort did you put into your car

4. How are you going to feel after we diss the sh*t out of your car

for Shi*ts sake we all drive a corolla in this forum. A bloody corolla, a car made famous by old grannys driving to church in their lawn bowls uniform.

now i drive a corolla sportivo and im proud of that. i dont give two sh*ts what anyone else drives. u can dis my car but if your in this forum u must also drive a corolla so settle the f*ck down.

why dont u go to the skyline forum and dis the Skyline r32, r33 and r34 and tell them u drive a corolla and your car is better, see what they tell u.