HELP me choose which corolla to get!!!!

I didn't have a choice when I bought my pre facelift back then when they first came out. Initially I didn't like the big bug eyed headlights, but was really buying the car for the engine and 4 doors rather than the looks. Thank goodness for eyelids and a bit of lowering, it makes a prefacelift look pretty decent in my opinion.

If you can get a pre-facelift from an older driver running on the stock ride height, it might have less of a chance of being constantly thrashed.

As to having high k's, mine has just hit 43K. :whistling:

Edited by Bit Racer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if not any ideas on how expensive it would be for the ecu and air cap?

the recall was done to ensure the car was ADR approved to be on aussie roads ...... it was a recall which was driven out of DOTARS so it wont cost u a cent if toyota hasnt done it ...... it is to be done for free .... this is why they keep a list of VIN #'s which have had the recall done.

ello again, rang toyota today, mentioned the whole ecu thing, tried to explain as precisley as i could, gave them my vin #. and they have no idea. The guy i spoke to over the phone said he looked up the national database and couldnt find any recalls for my model car(corolla, corolla sportivo), he also didnt find my vin on it as well.

He seemed nice enough but also had to mention that he had worked there for a while and that any recalls would show up on this data page he was on while he was searching through the computer. And that there was nothing.

Any ideas???

if not any ideas on how expensive it would be for the ecu and air cap?

the recall was done to ensure the car was ADR approved to be on aussie roads ...... it was a recall which was driven out of DOTARS so it wont cost u a cent if toyota hasnt done it ...... it is to be done for free .... this is why they keep a list of VIN #'s which have had the recall done.

ello again, rang toyota today, mentioned the whole ecu thing, tried to explain as precisley as i could, gave them my vin #. and they have no idea. The guy i spoke to over the phone said he looked up the national database and couldnt find any recalls for my model car(corolla, corolla sportivo), he also didnt find my vin on it as well.

He seemed nice enough but also had to mention that he had worked there for a while and that any recalls would show up on this data page he was on while he was searching through the computer. And that there was nothing.

Any ideas???

This is the exact reason I don't go to Toyota anymore. They don't **** talk to each other or do research on their own problems. They just focus on pushing cars out, so it seems.

It's complete crap that he can't find it on the national database in my opinion.

I'd try some other dealers and see what they have to say on it. The dealer I went to here was on the ball and knew straight away.

what dealer might that have been? Like where abouts?

Toyota Belconnen here in Canberra.

Try the next closest dealer to you and see what they say. To be honest it's inexcusable for a Toyota dealership to 'not' know about a major recall like this.