Sportivo's at Autosalon Final battle

Hi Guys

Just thought i'd post my impressions on this years autosalon final battle '04. All-and-all it looked like a pretty successfull event. the cars wree awsome and the pretty ladies were plentiful :D

Not that many totally outrageous cars. the only exception being the Osman convertible rex. Anyone who's seen it will know that the seat placement makes it virtually undrivable. I wonder what the quarter mile time is? :P

so...without further ado, here are some pics i took at the event.

Resize_of_DSC05031.jpg

superdome at Sydney Olympic park - autosalon final battle 04

Resize_of_DSC05044.jpg

Sportivo concept - autosalon final battle 04

Resize_of_DSC05055.jpg

black sportivo - autosalon final battle 04

Resize_of_DSC05056.jpg

Influx - autosalon final battle 04

Resize_of_DSC05040.jpg

Tayna - Model - autosalon final battle 04

Edited by qkslvr

nice pics :)

influx - different aproach with the areas surrounding the c-one bonnet :huh: but nice none the less :D oh and use some black electrical tape and cover up those white fins on the front bar. It's amazing how much better it looks without seeing those fins ;)

Edited by Danthuyer

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

at least theres still people on this site that appreciate the whole stivo deal.

and not just selling up and moving on lol :D

Damn your right eddy... seeing thost pictures (& they do look impressive guys - well done) I regret trading my stivo. What was I thinking.... It's time i should right the wrong....

Selling 1 slighly used metalic blue RX8, will be happy to do a direct swap for sportivo (and no I am not talking about you bill)..... Any takers... Anyone :P :P :D :D :blink::blink: :P :D

But seriously though I probably would not have traded the stivo if Toyota Australia had shown a little more loyalty to their car and customers. Best bang for your buck in my mind still, just a pity I had to pay for my own clutch to be able to use it, not to mention the Dash that creaked/groaned/rattled & vibrated even over the top of my radio. She and I divorced out of frustration not because I did not love her no more!

Still can't beat that lift experience though

I was also there on sunday arvo. Show was okay. Some of the interstate cars were missing like MYSHOW S15(VIC). There was a Holden Ute which made 913.9hp at the wheels :blink: .

FYI, The Black Stivo is owned by Chris B) (aka. XtigerX)...

Also Influx and XtigerX were the only Current Shape Rolla at the show :lol:

i wasnt taking the ***** livfor6

im just saying seems a few die hard stivo owners are now getting rid of there stivos and getting other cars.

**** id dump the stivo first thing gor a new rx8 howeva not evryone can afford to do this.

it just ****s me that the people who premoted the stivo when i first got onto this site saying how great a car they are. there now getting rid of the car for another and blaming it on toyota australia.

you and peekay had already spent the money on the stivo so there was no more issues with em. so i couldnt see why you would both get rid of them to spend more money on a new car. if the stivo was so good.

anyway toyota australia are hopeless i dont dissagree with that at all but like i said on another topic we need to group together to get the problem fixed.

anyway i just think its good a few of the boy got there cars into the show. and theres still people on this site who love the stivos.

i was starting to thiink evryone had changed there mind about the stivo.

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

Damn your right eddy... seeing thost pictures (& they do look impressive guys - well done) I regret trading my stivo. What was I thinking.... It's time i should right the wrong....

Selling 1 slighly used metalic blue RX8, will be happy to do a direct swap for sportivo (and no I am not talking about you bill)..... Any takers... Anyone :P :P :D :D :blink::blink: :P :D

But seriously though I probably would not have traded the stivo if Toyota Australia had shown a little more loyalty to their car and customers. Best bang for your buck in my mind still, just a pity I had to pay for my own clutch to be able to use it, not to mention the Dash that creaked/groaned/rattled & vibrated even over the top of my radio. She and I divorced out of frustration not because I did not love her no more!

Chill out Eddy,

I don't think that ILivfor6's comments were meant to be a retaliation to yours. He was just making the point cos you mentioned about a few users here changing cars. I know that he still loves the Stivo and is currently badging his RX8 to put TRD stickers on :lol::lol::lol: .

So please do not take offense at his post as I'm sure that he didn't take offense at yours. :D

ed - dont forget about other people who have been here from the start and contirbute also ;) yes times are changing and things come and go. Remember this is a community and not the pk and stu show (although they did have 2 of the slowest stivo's here :P )

and dont start shooting from the hip either guys.....we are always seeming to go down this rollercoaster effect every now and then when ppl take things out of context...(not pointing finger at ANYONE!!!)

lets chill ...enjoy the ride...and be glad that pk and stu are still around to answer peoples questions and supply us with an alternative view. As does EVERYBODY else on this baord :D :D :D

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

Hah! I traded my series4 rx7 in on my sportivo 14 months ago, it's saved me truckloads in fuel but I really do miss the performance of the rotor!!

Hey jewce

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at an upcoming event.I've spotted you a couple of times recently around town and I thought it was danthuyer but on closer inspection saw that your car wasn't the sportivo "offroad" option with the body lift kit and extra long suspenson travel :P :P

By the way good to see some Stivo's at the Autosalon although the wrong colour. :P Silver attracts attention, Black attracts dust and scratches( could say more but i won't) and as for white it shows nothing-no scratches no marks :P

Cars look good guys credit to those involved. maybe next year have a silver car as a draw card! :P :P

Hey Eddy dont worry mate was not retaliating or offended in anyway. The first part of the post was just a little tongue in cheque/fun with the rest just trying to explain my reasoning. E-gene had it right in his post after.

I agree with you that to get the issues sorted out all stivo owners need to stick together. As I have said in other posts a few years back I went through all this with BMW. After 18 months of hard slog we were able to get them to fix the cars we were complaining about. I just could not be bothered starting the whole process again, just too busy with work & enjoying the little free time I have to do it all again. Believe me after this battle you will probably think the same.

As regards having spent the money to fix all the issues well I had with the clutch, but my gears had been grinding for 6 months before that so in the back of my mind always was the thought of what damage had already been done. I also had a dash that was B grade at the best. It rattled and squeeked more than an old bed in a honeymoon suite which Toyota would not remedy. The frustration I was feeling in this situation only a couple years after the same as with BMW was just starting to ruin my enjoyment of the car... And that is why I bought it and modded it. For me cars are the only real hobby/passion I have that gets me away from and forgetting about work. They are my stress release. When your stress release starts causing more stress than work then it's time to re-evaluate.

This is my reasoning and I am only explaining it so you can understand my decision. If Toyota had of fixed my issues within the first 10 times I raised them then I can state with absolute certainty I would still be driving the Sportivo. As I keep saying I loved the car just not the company behind it!

Are you turning up at the meet. If you are I'll buy you a cold drink. Truly was not having a shot at you!

Cheers mate

im just saying seems a few die hard stivo owners are now getting rid of there stivos and getting other cars.

**** id dump the stivo first thing gor a new rx8 howeva not evryone can afford to do this.

it just ****s me that the people who premoted the stivo when i first got onto this site saying how great a car they are. there now getting rid of the car for another and blaming it on toyota australia.

you and peekay had already spent the money on the stivo so there was no more issues with em. so i couldnt see why you would both get rid of them to spend more money on a new car. if the stivo was so good.

anyway toyota australia are hopeless i dont dissagree with that at all but like i said on another topic we need to group together to get the problem fixed.

anyway i just think its good a few of the boy got there cars into the show. and theres still people on this site who love the stivos.

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

Hey Eddy dont worry mate was not retaliating or offended in anyway. The first part of the post was just a little tongue in cheque/fun with the rest just trying to explain my reasoning. E-gene had it right in his post after.

I agree with you that to get the issues sorted out all stivo owners need to stick together. As I have said in other posts a few years back I went through all this with BMW. After 18 months of hard slog we were able to get them to fix the cars we were complaining about. I just could not be bothered starting the whole process again, just too busy with work & enjoying the little free time I have to do it all again. Believe me after this battle you will probably think the same.

As regards having spent the money to fix all the issues well I had with the clutch, but my gears had been grinding for 6 months before that so in the back of my mind always was the thought of what damage had already been done. I also had a dash that was B grade at the best. It rattled and squeeked more than an old bed in a honeymoon suite which Toyota would not remedy. The frustration I was feeling in this situation only a couple years after the same as with BMW was just starting to ruin my enjoyment of the car... And that is why I bought it and modded it. For me cars are the only real hobby/passion I have that gets me away from and forgetting about work. They are my stress release. When your stress release starts causing more stress than work then it's time to re-evaluate.

This is my reasoning and I am only explaining it so you can understand my decision. If Toyota had of fixed my issues within the first 10 times I raised them then I can state with absolute certainty I would still be driving the Sportivo. As I keep saying I loved the car just not the company behind it!

Are you turning up at the meet. If you are I'll buy you a cold drink. Truly was not having a shot at you!

Cheers mate

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

this is extremely strange !!! i have exactly the same problem and toyota cannot do anything about it in SA - That is one of the mian reasons why i would want to sell the car - not that i do - but toyota just foes not want to play along - i have been complaing since june this year and they just fix one thing at a time and then you must go back and back and back - 18 times all in all - let's see ... my cat has packed up and been replaced after three visits of them telling me nothing was wrong until the thing completely let up - my car did not want to start , they replaced the battery - few days later same problem - alternator was then replaced - gear selector was replaced - ecu and airbox was replaced - clutch pedal is sqeaking ??? still a mystery as well as my dash - my right hand side switch for the electric windows make a rattles - still not fixed - oil sumped leaked - was told to wait for 30 000 k service which was 8000 k's away before they fixed that - and i can go on trust me ...

another question for you guys .. do you guys also suffer from a wind noise problem - especially in the back .. the rubbers do not seal properly.

another question for you guys .. do you guys also suffer from a wind noise problem - especially in the back .. the rubbers do not seal properly.

Windnoise (according to Toyota) has two possible causes

1. Bad rubber seals

2. Noise from the front is caused by the side mirrors. (Noise at the back can be referred from the from side mirrors apparently).

I suggest you request they replace the seals. Toyota just did it for me - but I had to take a techi for a drive to demonstrate the problem. Now the seals on the front seem to be a problem but Toyota say its the side mirrors.

I wonder what that does to the 0.3 drag coefficient.

Some people will never be happy in life, always pedantic and constantly bloody winging. To be honest this forum has gone s**thouse over the last couple of months, quite boring now, and thats simply because its too damn easy to criticise and complain, comes out more naturally, HOWEVER NOT everyone is in the same league, i love this car, wouldnt trade it in for anything atm, the whole package makes sense, 4 doors and plenty of room, small engine, low fuel consumption, plenty of luxurious items, blah blah blah.... not to mention that this little screamer has no competition in its class...there is no sub 2.0 liter sub $30,000 car that comes near it, it is THE BEST car for this price, but nobody mentions that no more, people overlook the good with the bad. I never heard all this winging Stewart when you had your car, it's like you kept it secret? all you were raving on about was how good the car was and your street fun with others.

Now somebody put up some descent stuff, :blink::blink: i'm sick of reading repetitive posts.

I'll be honest in this situation and say that I couldn't give a rat's tooty about the road noise. Although my 'tivo is as slow as they can physically get ie, never been modified, I must say that the noise and feeling of the lift experience with the windows down never ceases to make the drive enjoyable.

With all due respect, and not to offend anybody affected by road noise, but gee, turn the radio to a comfortable level, wind the windows down and listen to a non-rotary engine revving to 7k.....

I won't be getting rid of my Sportivo in a hurry. I had been waiting for this car since they were first notified of expected arrival (back in January 2001 I was advised May 2002) and I had to wait until I could get a decent trade for my 2000 Levin which I finally got this year.

Picked up my new (16km on the ODO) red Sportivo in September (at a bargain mind you), and now loving every minute of it. Not too many sub $30K cars can take out a fair chunk of the cars they come up against. When you consider that for this price range, there is next to no other vehicle on the road with a power/weight ration comparable. The Sportivo is rated at about 8.7Kg/kw compared with a stock 'prezza at 8.4. This means that for every kw the vehicle produces, our 'tivos only have to haul equivelent of a small bottle of water extra. :D :D

I love my 'tivo...

is this thread about auto salon or bittching, makes me sick. please make this forum more positive or people won't join and you will lose a lot of members i had people coming up to me at salon and say they refused to join toyota owners club as most threads are not helpful or positive. if you have a problem speak to your delaer. as i am sure that reinforcing it on this forum will not do shiiiiiiiit.

as Xoom will tell you. trade the car do whatever. just stop winging.

talking about a shiiiit gear shift or gear box on this forum/ as to how many people have had it will not have it fixed. it is not a drag car it is a sport compact.

change gears land out of lift and attack corners harder using the awsome brakes or the well balanced damper. if you drive it hard expect it to have problems gear cables tranny noise. even the s tuned gt z33 has gear cable and tranny noise out of the factory. i know this forum is about helping but i don't want the value of my car to drop. as we are only a very small handfull of people that own the cars whos to say all the other 2zz aren't perfect.

sorry. now on a positive note thanks for some of the positive feed back re auto salon.

and also for future development of the cars eg exhuast and dyno data.

even though our cars are only lightly tuned it is nice to hear some support as we realise there are people out there who have done much more nice work to their cars maybe you guys should enter a sportivo club to the may salon.

i made a good choice when i bought this car and asided fom niggles it has been 50000kms of reliable very powerful fun/driving.

might i add... some thing constructive. the c-one strut brace takes a lot of understeer away a good investment the car feels much more agressive conering much more confident increased corner attck speed. a good cheap mod in my opinion

so chris buy one.

in closing. toyota rate the corolla sportivo/runx/tsport as the best sports compact they have made since the mighty GTfour

take this as my welcome back post.

by the way we need to have a sydney cruise soon guys and catch up

The only problem I have now with my tivo is what to get next when this one has all but worn out.

I guess my only option would be to get the next sportivo, should toyota grace us with one....but I'm sorry, I have come from a Levin to a Sportivo, I won't be going back to the Levin.....

I think I might start a daily email pledge to Toyota to keep the Sportivo as a permanent lineup model FOREVER..... :D :D :D and make it better each time....

All those in favour....say I

Come on Melbourne guys, we cannot be outdone by our Sydney counterparts. :lol:

Good idea to enter the cars for Autosalon, that way we get more notice and hopefully increase the cult status of our cars. Previously when I first bought the car, no one really knew what a Sportivo was, but nowadays, when I tell people that I drive a Sportivo, they all go "That's a bloody fast car".

How about we prepare for next year's Autosalon and we enter our cars in as a club? :D

E-Gene...

I'd love to be apart of entering my car as part of a club, however mine would be the poxy one on the end with nothing done to it....so I will support everyone else...

My first thought aboput the status of my Tivo was that I wondered if it would end up with some sort of cult reputation, similar to what the GTi Swift had in the mid 90's. Call it a crap car, but it had balls compared to it's rivals..... I seen stocko ones back then leaving all kinds of stuff in it's wake....

Have a good one,

Azz