GTR Owner Uses Forum to find Stolen Car

Seano

Here is the linky

A Canadian man has been reunited with his beloved custom car after eliciting the help of an internet talk-board..

Shaun Ironside, from Calgary, imported the rare 1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R and spent thousands of dollars fitting it with a custom turbo, shocks, engine modifications and a body kit.

But the car was stolen by two men, one of whom was missing two fingers on one hand.

Stitt on Toymods did a similar thing last year (or 06?) to recover his Crown when someone in Canberra pinched it..... a few good stories about people giving chase and spotting it in various places. Eventually it was found by a forum member in someone's backyard!

Awesome story.

A GTR R32 got stolen in Tassie a few months ago and NissianSilvia Forum ppls all went out looking for it. They found it eventually. :D Very encouraging for the community to band together like that .

"As it turned out I made a great decision by making that first post, because the members on this forum are a community of supporting individuals that I never imagined would go to the lengths they did in helping me find my car. Again, a huge thanks."

Now that's club spirit

huh i never knew luke's crown got pinched then again i dont look on those forums anymore........i lost the adress.

yeah it is good to think that if something happens youve got a better chance of getting it back that way rather than waiting for the authorities to stumble apon it which by then is usually too late

as it was for my old ae92

I followed the story/ progress on GTR Canada (I'm a regular lurker there. I envy those lucky Canucks & their 15 year old import ruling. Wished ours wasn't canceled.). On Beyond.ca, the girlfriend came, threatened & defended "The Claw". And so did her mother!

Condition of the car;

The damage caused wasn't extensive, probably cost me in the neighborhood of $3,000 after all is said and done. Brand new set of front & rear Yokohama AVS High Performance Tires, Front Bumper Repainting, Upgrading Headlights to Xenon Kouki Projector Headlights, all fluids dropped and topped (again), full synthetic oil change, coolant flush, full interior & exterior detail including power polish, wheel alignment.

The front end also needs a little work again……looks like he was trying to drift by the wear on the tires as well.

And guess what? They also have videos of the car jacker!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

The original threads.

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=33685

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/212943/1991-sky...iminals-inside/

Oh, and this too! LOL

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=33784

Edited by ToyotaFreak

• 4 weeks later...