ZR6 Lamps

Hi Guys,

I'm going to change my Halogen Light to HID 8000k with a ballast.

I'm just wondering how you guys installing the HID to the head lamp...Well I don't want to do it myself if it required me to take off the bumpers...

I'm also planning to change the small lamp beside the head lamp (what do u call this?) to a white one, anyone know what bulb do i need to use?

And if I want to change the fog light bulb do I need to remove the bumper?

Also one of my friend told me to be careful, since he was told that if he changes the Lamp it might affect the electric (He use Lexus), will this happen to Aurion?

Thanks for the reply !!

I got 8000K HID installed, and you dont need to take off the bumper.

The side light your talking about are the "Parker lights" i also want to change those, but it's quite difficult as you might have to take off the headlights.

I reccomend you get it done by a professional.

Edited by ZZR88

The side light your talking about are the "Parker lights" i also want to change those, but it's quite difficult as you have to take off the headlights.

The side ones (parkers) are the generic Wedge type bulb, you can go to any auto store and purchase whiter ones.

I read someone managed to change the parkers by going through the wheel arch from underneath?

The side light your talking about are the "Parker lights" i also want to change those, but it's quite difficult as you have to take off the headlights.

The side ones (parkers) are the generic Wedge type bulb, you can go to any auto store and purchase whiter ones.

I read someone managed to change the parkers by going through the wheel arch from underneath?

Thanks for the reply...Just got my car today...so far I'm happy...I'll post some pictures after I get the Headlights to be changed hehehe...

The side light your talking about are the "Parker lights" i also want to change those, but it's quite difficult as you might have to take off the headlights.

Where u gonna put the ballas thou?

I went to this guy and asked how much and how he gonna put it..

He's gonna charge me for a hundred buck and he will need to remove the bumper.

Hi, I put the balast in front of the car...Hard to tell, but I will try to take a picture tomorrow and post it here...

I put it somewhere near the front bar...

Have a look at Mikesalim's post, my setup is similar to his.

It may not be an ZR6, but the area is the same anyway. As for me, I installed mine as well without removing the bumper or lights. I simply did not want to go to that extent. You can see how I mounted mine in the photos. The passenger side was mounted just underneath in front of the battery and the driver's side was mounted kind of vertically. They are held down with a bolt and the cable ties are there to secure them tightly to avoid minor vibrations creating noise.

You may also notice two relays in the first photo. I would have just simply ran them of the existing harness since the peak startup current is only for a short period and that wiring is sufficient to handle that without any long term damage, but I wasn't 100% happy. I don't want to have my HID's coming on when I flash my high beams from an 'off' state so I used the relay setup to cancel that. The first relay is triggered by the parker lights (which don't come on when you flash the high beams from an 'off' state), and the second relay is triggered by the low beams, but only when the first relay is on. That way I can flash my high beams without doing any damage to my HID's.

post-7685-1208157267_thumb.jpg

post-7685-1208157282_thumb.jpg

Cheers for those Pics.. U didnt take ur bumper off when u install those ballas rite?

I'm not sure but the guy i went to said something about removing the bumper in order to avoid the heat from the fan and stuff... Or else the HID wont last as long as it were supposed to be.

I haven't install anethin today...Even with My Rims..=(

Well, I didn't take off the bumper...Why should I? Since the place that I put my ballast is far from the bumper site anyway..

Well, Just find a place that you think the ballast won't be affected by heat from anywhere, it should be fine.