dash cluster display panel

T.J

i pulled out my instrument cluster cause i wanted to look into changing the red led's to blue ones.

But as soon as i pulled it apart i realised the red is actually on the panel with the numbers and dials which sucks cause i was in the middle of doing a how to change guide for everyone and it leads me to belive the back lighting for the panel may actually be white and if i changed the led's ill end up with purple dials.

basically im just posting up my attempt and failure so nobody makes the same mistake lol!

that thought has also crossed my mind, well if you research primary colour and secondary colours, im sure u can mix something with red to get something even better.

i thought that but i wanted at the same time do every light in the dash the same colour to match anyway ill just put the damn thing back in and forget about it

would it be possible though to separate the layers of the cluster face and put a different colour in?

I have thought about doing this, but seeing as you have separated the cluster recently, is it possible?

would it be possible though to separate the layers of the cluster face and put a different colour in?

I have thought about doing this, but seeing as you have separated the cluster recently, is it possible?

ive got it apart atm and the plastic panel is one layer it cant be separated and i cant get the needles off so im not going to screw around with it anymore

not like the old days when all it was was a green condom over a light globe lol!

oh well ill have to find something else to fiddle with got some stainless steel downstairs might knock up a new engine cover lol!

Edited by T.J

ive got it apart atm and the plastic panel is one layer it cant be separated and i cant get the needles off so im not going to screw around with it anymore

not like the old days when all it was was a green condom over a light globe lol!

oh well ill have to find something else to fiddle with got some stainless steel downstairs might knock up a new engine cover lol!

maybe you can try different colours, see what colour you can come up with mixing with the red ..