New SR Lux

MA61CK

Just joined site.. seems to be a lot of ricers here but hopefully there are some true blues.

Ordered a 4X2 SR Hilux in December '07 and expected pick up between the 11th and 15 of April.

Model: 2008 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR 4X2

Colour: Metallic Black

Engine Type: 4.0L VVT-I V6

Transmission: 5 Speed Auto

Power: Standard 175kw - 376nm

Wheels/Tyres: 6.0JJx15 Steel 205/70 R15C

Added Options:

Canopy

Roof Racks

Tow bar

Air Conditioning

Darkest legal Tint

Future Mods:

18" Rims

Added speakers

This is a work car for a sparky so no real mods will be done to it.

Will get pics up when car arrives.

******en grouse lookin utes the new hiluxes I must admit, was looking at getting one instead of supercharging the corolla once I done with pooka....

Post up pics cobber :D

Guest ddonggae
Just joined site.. seems to be a lot of ricers here but hopefully there are some true blues.

good to meet a new member, oh i am Dong Soo.

my car isnt rice... noodles tho mang !! .... GG !!

XD

i really cant see how this site is full of ricers.... u on drugs ??

Edited by ddonggae

Well for one, you are the one with the smoker (I'm guessing you) as his pic.

Second, you all seem to own a done up corolla.

And you all care about hondas... For *** sake, get over it.

Guest ddonggae

yah that is me in the pic... worlds famous dong soo !!

done up corollas and hondas yep..

u know its better to get a light weight well balanced car and add power to it, rather than get a powerful heavy weight car and TRY remove weight...

weight = poor breaking and turning.

i used to own a DC2R honda, was the best car i have driven, the car wighed sligly over a ton.

think of sa22c (fb) rx7s, ae86s, aw11s, eg6s and other cars that come factory with light weight and good weight distribution.

and even the old m3s that punished your v8s at bathurst... sigh even on a track designed for big power cars, m3's still won.

basically it is best to start with a light weight base car such as a corolla and then imporve its suspensions... light weight cars have FAR greater potential for handleing..

if u looket it any other way than what i have stated, u have no knowlege of motorsport at all, in fact to ignore what i have said, it will show how biassed u are.

now feel free to explain ur way to me.

Well for one, you are the one with the smoker (I'm guessing you) as his pic.

Second, you all seem to own a done up corolla.

its not as if we LOVE hondas here dude, this is a toyota first and foremost, but the fact his car is a honda was beside the point!

every1 was having a go at you coz youre post in the other thread showed the sensitivity of a sledgehammer to the back of the head towards a dude whos was simply asking for help after he just had his car stolen!

'done up' and 'rice up' are 2 different things.

Are you not doing up your car by getting 18" aftermarket rims?

Only because the factory alloys are way to small and look rather cheap. And I'm getting 18's because I think that any alloy wheel will look better than steel ones. May as well get some decent looking ones.

yah that is me in the pic... worlds famous dong soo !!

done up corollas and hondas yep..

u know its better to get a light weight well balanced car and add power to it, rather than get a powerful heavy weight car and TRY remove weight...

weight = poor breaking and turning.

i used to own a DC2R honda, was the best car i have driven, the car wighed sligly over a ton.

think of sa22c (fb) rx7s, ae86s, aw11s, eg6s and other cars that come factory with light weight and good weight distribution.

and even the old m3s that punished your v8s at bathurst... sigh even on a track designed for big power cars, m3's still won.

basically it is best to start with a light weight base car such as a corolla and then imporve its suspensions... light weight cars have FAR greater potential for handleing..

if u looket it any other way than what i have stated, u have no knowlege of motorsport at all, in fact to ignore what i have said, it will show how biassed u are.

now feel free to explain ur way to me.

Yes I know that making a small car faster will work better than making a powerful car lighter. I'm saying that I prefer large cars over small hatchbacks. Thats all. A family sized car is better than a small hatchback or mid sized car.

The Hilux is purely for work purposes only.

Guest ddonggae
'done up' and 'rice up' are 2 different things.

Are you not doing up your car by getting 18" aftermarket rims?

Only because the factory alloys are way to small and look rather cheap. And I'm getting 18's because I think that any alloy wheel will look better than steel ones. May as well get some decent looking ones.

if the wheels u intend to purchase weigh more than ur factory wheels... then u are a ricer my friend.

be careful

Guest ddonggae

이것은 지루한....

나는 자고가는....

Edited by ddonggae

hmmm... where are my hillclimb results.... oh yeah, thats right, my rice'd up corolla beat every V8 Commodore and Falcon there.... I remember now...

as I already know, Big/larger wheels doesnt mean it will perform better. So just think twice about that. Just don't go overboard by putting like 20" rims, goodluck with those when wet!

anyway Welcome aboard and small/hot hatches cars are cool :D

ok, so I was reading Rob's signature which quoted dongsoo as saying

honda philosophy is 100hp per litre minimum.. i cant say the same for holdens.. i wonder what power per litre hsv engines make.. from memory (i calculated long ago) 300kw hsv v8s had a specific power barely any higher than a 4ac engine... laughable

I thought I would do the maths.... lets see....

Toyota 4AC

1.6L

75hp

= 46.875 hp per litre

Holden L76 (VE V8)

6.0L

348hp

= 58 hp per litre

Ok, so the commodore does beat the 4AC, but the 4AC is like, 20 years old. Anyway, so I compared a few more options just for fun.

Toyota 1ZZ

1.8L

134hp

= 74.4 hp per litre

Toyota 2ZZ

1.8L

190hp

= 105.5 hp per litre!!!!! Nice!

Honda K20A (Integra DC5R)

2.0L

217hp

= 108.5hp per litre.

hmmm, interesting. calculate the weight in...... hmmmmmm, i know what I would pick! :lol:

Guest ddonggae
ok, so I was reading Rob's signature which quoted dongsoo as saying
honda philosophy is 100hp per litre minimum.. i cant say the same for holdens.. i wonder what power per litre hsv engines make.. from memory (i calculated long ago) 300kw hsv v8s had a specific power barely any higher than a 4ac engine... laughable

I thought I would do the maths.... lets see....

Toyota 4AC

1.6L

75hp

= 46.875 hp per litre

Holden L76 (VE V8)

6.0L

348hp

= 58 hp per litre

yep as i said, the 20 year old economy 4ac is not far behind the new badboy engine the ls2....

Ok here's a joke for u Rob.

Whats worse than a riced up Japanese car?

Answer:

A riced up aussie built car!!

HOLY F**K :o

There may be ricers on TOCAU, hell, I may even be a ricer myself... But NOBODY here runs 20" dinnerplate chromes with chrome trim on doorhandles etc... WOW, terrible.

hmmm... where are my hillclimb results.... oh yeah, thats right, my rice'd up corolla beat every V8 Commodore and Falcon there.... I remember now...

Hey I beat them too :D

100kW of bog-standard white rice B)