Spotivo Cluster

Hey how are you guys, i have a question that i would desperately need help for. I would like to get a Sportivo dash clsuter for my ascent but i dont know if it fits or not and i would like to know if it does were would I be able to get one from?.......thanks for your help apprec8 it

LOL nice Angelo!

I know for a fact that the 1ZZ dash cluster will work with a 2ZZ engine because I've seen it done, the tacho just stops and the engine keeps going. Can't see why it can't work the other way around. Perhaps if you want white instead of red you could get a Levin one, I like them better personally.

Hhhmmm the only place I would suggest you could get one from is Toyota Genuine Parts. They're all the same size, same plug. Just a matter of borrowing one off a mate, trying it and seeing if it works for yourself.

not sure about the bulbs things but im pretty sure one of my mates mates with a ascent changed his cluster to a sportivo one he brought it off a sportivo that was a write off here..

so u should be able to do it just finding a cluster would probly be ur problem

hope that helps

Steve.

thanks alot guys for all the replies....yeah im pretty sure it would fit now because iv played around with my cluster and have seen the sportivo cluster before and the lift doesnt have an effect on it even if its an auto......yeah now the hard bit is finding the cluster and from were i would get one.........cheers for all the help

Problem with the auto is that the Ascent cluster shows which gear you are in too. Sportivos are only manual. Funnilly enough I've also seen an auto 1ZZ cluster on a car with a 2ZZ engine and I think it stays in park the whole time if I remember correctly. Either way, the clusters should be interchangable so take your pick. I like Levin :toast:

• 5 weeks later...
In my opinion, the levin ones look better (white on black with red needle).. classier!~ the sportivo ones are just red~ =D

I agree 100% Levins cluster is so nice especially on long drives at night

Im amazed that the sportivos cluster is so boring!!! Maybe they were going for the crazy racing redness!!!

In my opinion, the levin ones look better (white on black with red needle).. classier!~ the sportivo ones are just red~ =D

I agree 100% Levins cluster is so nice especially on long drives at night

Im amazed that the sportivos cluster is so boring!!! Maybe they were going for the crazy racing redness!!!

anyone kind enough to post a pic of the levin cluster? :)

just curious.. the stivo cluster goes to 9000k rpm, the 1zz hits redline @ 6000.. what will happen then? would it just look like a funny car that never hit redline? hahaa.. coz it'd change when it gets to 6000 on the stivo cluster?

Yep you would just have 3000 useless RPM on your tacho.

On the 2ZZ car I've seen with a 1ZZ cluster, it just hits redline but the engine keeps going :lol:

i think tht'd be epic!

On the 2ZZ car I've seen with a 1ZZ cluster, it just hits redline but the engine keeps going :lol:

i think tht'd be epic!

So when you are at redline on the 1ZZ cluster, you are not actually on redline in the 2ZZ cluster. So how to tell when you have hit the limit other than hearing the high pitch LIFT or installing an additional tacho?

i think tht'd be epic!

So when you are at redline on the 1ZZ cluster, you are not actually on redline in the 2ZZ cluster. So how to tell when you have hit the limit other than hearing the high pitch LIFT or installing an additional tacho?

Just wait till the ECU cuts power :P

Realistically get an i-shift and it'll be enough, but it'll be so weird having a 6krpm tacho for the sportivo.

i think tht'd be epic!

Just wait till the ECU cuts power :P

Realistically get an i-shift and it'll be enough, but it'll be so weird having a 6krpm tacho for the sportivo.

LOL, nv would I even consider doing that. I am happy with my Dash. What's an i-Shift?

A Sportivo's tacho goes to 9000 even though the limiter is at 8200. The 1zz Corolla's tacho redlines at around 6000, but I am pretty sure that the tacho still counts to 8200.

i think tht'd be epic!

When you're racing do you get time to look down at the tacho? You use your ears

• 1 month later...

alrite, big bump to this old thread...

anyone know what kinda places (no point asking where cause im in perth) will calibrate ur odometer for you if you decide to swap another cluster but the milage on it is WAYYY off...

thanksss