Earthquake in China

how sad is this :(

the whole city nearly wiped out...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

i can understand why ppl dont donate.

But some ppl actually tell others not to donate because of some political crap and Tibet... wtf?!

My parents were over in China when the earthquake hit actually, only about 100km away from the epicentre too. Will expect some interesting stories when they get home in a few weeks

But some ppl actually tell others not to donate because of some political crap and Tibet... wtf?!

Yeah, nothing worse than human rights hippies that cling to a cause to the detriment of others...

I had the usuals come up to me at uni and ask me to sign a petition against china's activity in tibet. I politely declined and they got all offended... so they pushed the point. I then asked them if any of them have been to tibet, or can cite me the political history of the long running tibet fiasco - do you think they could answer those questions??? Hell no they couldn't...

They still tried to push the point - I declined angrily in chinese this time. I think they got the message <_< ... (not that I'm taking sides)

China seems to be having a bit of a bad year so far... hopefully things will fix themselves come 08/08/08!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Leroy

I also hate how media blocks the publics view from seeing the truth. The protests you see on TV is only a small part of what was otherwise a very successful run of the torch. Due to the media only playing the bits that were 'interesting', it gives the general public the false perception that it's happening everywhere around the world and made tension high.

Reports never showed it apart from SBS, but the tibet public were causing more trouble than anyone else. There is a video (to which I cannot find, sorry) floating around the internet showing an Australian touring in Tibet and shocked at the violence it's people is showing towards the troops. Basically they're only there to keep the peace, but instead are having abuse, rocks and other foreign objects hurled at them.

HENCE why people say 'awww nah I'm not going to donate they deserve it, it's karma.'

Deserve it my *****, media blinds the eye. I am absolutely disgusted at it.