Kangaroo vs Aurion

gendi

Hit a kangaroo on the way to Newcastle (21/05/2008) 1:40am was doing about 100km/h. Didn't make it their, come round a corner and BOOOOOOOM!!!!!! Thud crash and every other noise involved in hitting a roo along with a lot of swearing and glass from driving lights and number plate flying over the roof. glad it wasnt my car (its my dads) lol it has insurance.

21-05-08_0348.jpg

21-05-08_0349.jpg

21-05-08_0351.jpg

21-05-08_0352.jpg

21-05-08_0403.jpg

sorry about the pics only had my phone on me at the time

Ouch! It's so painful to see such a car with damage like that. I'm pretty sure if I was in that situation, there would be a fair amount of swearing coming from me. What a bummer; you do nothing wrong yet you manage to get that in return.

Humourous thread title! We need you down here in Canbera with all the controversy :lol:

Hope the car is back to its best ASAP

Haha - to run over the "hippies/traditional owners" that are claiming back their land, and attacking the RSPCA...

What a joke.

Woah...

Sorry to hear about the Aurion...

but at the same time thank *** I didnt encounter one during my drive back from Syd to Brisbane... :ph34r:

I was doing mostly 120km/hr so the impact might even be bigger...

Is the kangaroo dead? If i were you, i make sure it's dead, and still kick him in the face!

That is just plain unsexy...

well i rather the roo dead then suffer serious injury and just lying there.. in pain...

@dannywss

the kangaroo was dead after i hit it.

@Rolla Boy

yeah could have been alot worse, a mate hit one in his XR8 doing 80kms/s took out the front end the bonnet the windscreen and the roof.

@beaves

the airbags did not deploy

@Jay

i actually thought about taking its tail home for the dogs but wasnt in the mood to do it.

@Blinkybill

yeah ive seen what its like when people swerves all to well, its usually just better to hit them, but try to brake and not hit em.

Is the kangaroo dead? If i were you, i make sure it's dead, and still kick him in the face!

That is just plain unsexy...

well i rather the roo dead then suffer serious injury and just lying there.. in pain...

LOL dude he was saying, kicxk the kangaroo in the face, even if it was already dead. :lol: hilarious!!!

Haha, this reminds me of when I went to thredbo a few months ago when we hired a Kulger. The road in at night at early morning was like a zoo. We left around 5 in the morning, and had to dodge heaps of animals. We ended up running over 1 rabbit (which was its fault, it actually ran out infront of us) Thats one less though...which is good... We also had a close call with a wombat (Thats on thing i'd rather not hit). I was waiting for a roo next....lukily we made it out of there alive. :rolleyes:

Sad to see an Aurion like that :angry:

Hopefully a good repair job is done :yahoo:

I remember 2 years ago me and a some mates hired a Falcon, hit a roo, front on at night up in Canberra, not that bad damage, doing 40-60kmh at point of impact. roo fell over, stood up and hopped away. But given it was a hire car, insurance doesnt cover these accidents, had to complain and still ended up paying a nice sum to cover repair.

Funny thing was that we swerved to avoid but the roo followed us, our car headlights were like a tractor beam lol.

Danny,

I hit a Kangaroo once (I was only going slow though [KE30 days], because I knew they'd be out along this stretch of road that I used to frequent).

I got out to check the car, but knew it'd be fine. I was only doing around 50kmph. Saw the Roo, thought I'd better see if it was alive or dead. He was fine. Now, I 'knew' he was fine, because he jumped up as I approached, ran up to me, and kicked the living **** out of me.

Be careful dude, Karma is rife these days :ph34r:

Danny,

I hit a Kangaroo once (I was only going slow though [KE30 days], because I knew they'd be out along this stretch of road that I used to frequent).

I got out to check the car, but knew it'd be fine. I was only doing around 50kmph. Saw the Roo, thought I'd better see if it was alive or dead. He was fine. Now, I 'knew' he was fine, because he jumped up as I approached, ran up to me, and kicked the living **** out of me.

unlucky!! glad no one was hurt. i had a similar experience back in 2005. returning to melbourne from goldcoast, i turned a corner during daydriving at 140kmh having a laugh with mates and what do i see last second? lol a kangaroo, dead lying in the middle of the road with its as5 up. no chance of me swerving around it as it was a single lane road and didnt want to risk no ones life so i slammed the breaks, got back on the gas to get the cars front lip back up and went over it without damaging the car. let me mind you, the car was a 325ci sport and we all know how low those things are and i was amazed i didnt damage the car at all. i looked at my rear view mirror, and saw the whole thing rip into pieces. meat stuck underneath the car ofcourse and i dont want to even think of how bad that smell was, imagine marinated bbq meat smell mixed with bloody furr. eww :) we drove with the windows down for 2 hours because we couldnt take the smell at 38 degree weather, till i puled over at a petrol station to wash the underneath of the car to get rid of the smell. luckily we got rid of the smell and thanked *** for not making the scene worse. again, glad your dads ok.

Buri,

Edited by Buri_ZR6

Danny,

glad your dads ok.

My dad? lol

Danny,

glad your dads ok.

My dad? lol

lol wasnt it ur dad that had the accident? or was it ur dads car?