HOWTO: Aurion Remote Purchase and Reprogramming

Hi Guys,

A while ago I lost a set of keys with my car remote attached and called up my Toyota Dealer to get a price for replacement remote. They told me that it was $300 for each remote and an additional $33 to program each remote. I told them not to worry about it lol.

I still needed a remote so I checked out eBay.com.au. I found a few listings and eventually purchased two remotes for $67 including shipping. They came the next day but obviously they didn't unlock my car so I had a look and found some reprogramming instructions. I had a go and it worked! All up, I had two remotes delivered and programmed to my car and all it cost was $67. Remember, Toyota would have charged me $666 ($300 remote x 2, plus $33 reprogramming fee x 2). I paid just over 10% of the price!

Note: When I posted this there were no remotes for sale on eBay, but if you check the completed listings you will see that they turn up every fortnight. Be patient. Search for "Aurion Remote". Also, the Aurion will only accept 4 remotes in total.

Reprogramming instructions:

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds

a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

a. Close, then open the drivers door.

b. Close, then open the drivers door.

c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.

d. Close the drivers door

Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .

e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds

b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

You're done!

* I've taken these reprogramming instructions from http://www.programyourremote.com and they were listed under the US 2006 Toyota Camry Solara. It took me a few goes to find instructions that worked for our Aurion.

Bravo!!! :toast:

I might want to get a 3rd master key set... now I got no worries trying to look for information over the net...!!! :toast:

CHeers~~~

Thanks mate.

Yeah, I didn't get any additional keys cut. Since these are just for spares I have just used the two grey valet keys that Toyota throw in with the car. I think they are restricted keys that will do everything but lock/unlock the glove compartment, but all the remotes work fine (lock/unlock/boot/alarm).

Edited by JBeagle

Well... my auctioned Aurion came with 2 master key with remotes (no spares), been thinking whether its viable to for piece of mind sake get another set of remote and master key for the Aurion.

Not sure if you can buy a master key from ebay or local key shop and program it yourself as per above instruction?

Cheers

Well... my auctioned Aurion came with 2 master key with remotes (no spares), been thinking whether its viable to for piece of mind sake get another set of remote and master key for the Aurion.

Not sure if you can buy a master key from ebay or local key shop and program it yourself as per above instruction?

Cheers

I hope someone my be able to confirm whether you can program the master key in a similar fashion. I couldn't get mine programmed with the instructions for the '02 Camry which is all that appears to be out there, so I took it into the Toyota service department to get programmed. Since they wipe all codes from the car then add them all again (they need to have all the keys you own), they programmed the remote for me as well so I never thought of trying the remote coding instructions. I too got the remote off eBay for cheap, so the major cost for me was the key itself ($100 for original Toyota).

They used the Intelligent Tester to program the keys, so I figured while they were at it, I would restore my driver door only lock functionality (where you press unlock once to unlock only the drivers door) since originally, just one press unlocked all doors.

I got my car at an auction so only had one set of keys, and didn't want to risk loosing my master then paying a lot more to get things fixed.

Is there someone who has bought a new remote that can confirm this procedure. Once confirmed then I think we should sticky this thread

Edited by Danos

Is there someone who has bought a new remote that can confirm this procedure. Once confirmed then I think we should sticky this thread

Danos mate, I wouldn't do a big write up if it didn't work lol.

Everything in my post is as a result of my own experiences (with the obvious exception of the programming instructions in bold, which I have confirmed works on my car).

Danos mate, I wouldn't do a big write up if it didn't work lol.

Everything in my post is as a result of my own experiences (with the obvious exception of the programming instructions in bold, which I have confirmed works on my car).

Easy big fella - didn't say I didn't believe what your posted. It's just good to have a backup person who has tried it before it gets stickied. Your details say you own a "Hiace SBV", I guess you now own an Aurion also ?

Edited by Danos

Easy big fella - didn't say I didn't believe what your posted. It's just good to have a backup person who has tried it before it gets stickied. Your details say you own a "Hiace SBV", I guess you now own an Aurion also ?

Yeah I bought a new Touring model at the start of the year. Fantastic car.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

A while ago I lost a set of keys with my car remote attached and called up my Toyota Dealer to get a price for replacement remote. They told me that it was $300 for each remote and an additional $33 to program each remote. I told them not to worry about it lol.

I still needed a remote so I checked out eBay.com.au. I found a few listings and eventually purchased two remotes for $67 including shipping. They came the next day but obviously they didn't unlock my car so I had a look and found some reprogramming instructions. I had a go and it worked! All up, I had two remotes delivered and programmed to my car and all it cost was $67. Remember, Toyota would have charged me $666 ($300 remote x 2, plus $33 reprogramming fee x 2). I paid just over 10% of the price!

Note: When I posted this there were no remotes for sale on eBay, but if you check the completed listings you will see that they turn up every fortnight. Be patient. Search for "Aurion Remote". Also, the Aurion will only accept 4 remotes in total.

Reprogramming instructions:

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds

b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

You're done!

* I've taken these reprogramming instructions from http://www.programyourremote.com and they were listed under the US 2006 Toyota Camry Solara. It took me a few goes to find instructions that worked for our Aurion.

BE careful with the remote you're buying.

I bought second hand one from ebay and the shape looks exactly same as aurion's remote but it does not work on aurion.

It may work on new camry tho.

Also the inside of the remotes are looking different as pictures below.

I think camry and aurion share the shape of the remote but actual devices inside of it are different.

Also I googled some more info about remote entry programming and would like to add some more info of your steps.

Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off at approximately 1 second

intervals for 1 - 5 times, depending on which mode..

Add mode - 1 time

Rewrite mode - 2 times

Confirmation mode - 3 times

Erase mode - 5 times

7. Open drivers door

You're done!

I have tried add and rewite mode and it worked.

Add mode just adds single or multiple remotes on the system upto 4 remotes.

Rewrite mode clears all the remotes on the current system (if any lost remotes, this will erase the lost remotes on the system.)

and add the remotes upto 4 remotes.

Also there are some info about smart start keyless programming but I couldn't confirm it since mine is SX6. :spiteful:

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Just bought an aurion sx6 a week or so ago so I'm new to the forum, so much information on here it is great!!!

Sorry to bump such an old thread. I bought the following remote on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Came with programming instructions (pretty much exactly the same as listed above), it works a treat!

Picked up my car at the auctions so it only came with 1 key and no remotes. The toyota dealership quoted me $271 for the remote plus $45 coding fee.

The ebay alternative cost me $25.50. Huge saving, thanks to this forum!

-Ryan

Hi all,

Just bought an aurion sx6 a week or so ago so I'm new to the forum, so much information on here it is great!!!

Came with programming instructions (pretty much exactly the same as listed above), it works a treat!

Picked up my car at the auctions so it only came with 1 key and no remotes. The toyota dealership quoted me $271 for the remote plus $45 coding fee.

-Ryan

So you're the b4$tard who outbid me on that one!! :angry:

Oh well , I won one last night for the same price so it is great to know that it will work with no problems!

KG

Those that are getting the remotes because you only originally had one key/remote in the first place should also consider getting another master key. If you lose your only master key, Toyota is going to charge WAY more to get everything fixed.

If you get another master key, you WILL need Toyota to program it up and in that case, you can take all your eBay remotes with you as well,

Those that are getting the remotes because you only originally had one key/remote in the first place should also consider getting another master key. If you lose your only master key, Toyota is going to charge WAY more to get everything fixed.

If you get another master key, you WILL need Toyota to program it up and in that case, you can take all your eBay remotes with you as well,

I had only 1 master & 1 valet key...so I have safely secured the master and am using the valet key.

I am currently sorting a replacement master blank from the US of A for a (very considerable) price cheaper than from Toyota Aust.

Will let the forum know how it works out!

Hi all,

-Ryan

So you're the b4$tard who outbid me on that one!! :angry:

Oh well , I won one last night for the same price so it is great to know that it will work with no problems!

KG

Ha Ha sorry mate. I wonder where the remotes are coming from?

I suspect a worker at toyota dealership is knockin em off -they look pretty genuine.

I wonder where the remotes are coming from?

I suspect a worker at toyota dealership is knockin em off -they look pretty genuine.

I always wondered that as well. Then I also wondered what happens with the spare remote when rental companies sell their cars with only one remote and key.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new key in the mail and have had it cut, it catches a little bit in the lock barrel at the moment but it will free up as the edges get smoother.

Does anyone know if there are instructions on how to get the ECU to recognise the new key or am I going to have to take the car to get progammed by toyota/locksmith?

I have done a forum search but cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance

• 10 years later...

Thanks J Beagle for sharing your experience. I just bought a second hand 2011 ATX Aurion, it only got key and a remote control. I got a spare control from my previous aurio car that got written off. I followed the procedure you posted  and its a success.  I'm just waiting for the blank transponder key that I ordered thru ebay so ill have a spare set.