New Sportivo???

Hey guys im not to sure if this has been covered (i did do a search nothing came up) If it has feel free to delete)

But as my dad returned from a trip to the USofA he told me of a car that he rented...A Matrix XRS (which is basically our corolla hatch 08) basically it was a 2.4L 4cyl. enough said!!! :spiteful:

Hopefully toyota australia will be offering this baby as the new sportivo!!!

I hope i havent covered something that has been covered before sorry if i have!!!!!

Levinboy

(If i have feel free to delete)

Don't know the timeline but talks within Toyota seem to be TRD version of the new corolla just like they did the Aurion and Hilux.

6months at least up till anywhere between 1 yr or 18months. Who knows hehe

TRD have already said no to a TRD Corolla version.

The only sporty corolla we will get is the Levin.. wooo.

By a Sportivo :ph34r:

You never know it could be a Toyota sportivo not part of a TRD development

Corolla is already the YTD best seller in Australia so far. So as far as Toyota is concerned, they don't have to do anything to 'Spice up' the range to make it more attractive. Corolla sells well here solely based on reputation, they don't need a hero car or Sports range to make it more appealing.

Aurion on the other hand needed a helping hand to boost it's image in a market swamped by Falcodore buyers.

TRD Hilux was to cash in on the growing number of people wanting a performance suv if there is such a thing.

Next model - I'm betting on a TRD Yaris.

Corolla is already the YTD best seller in Australia so far. So as far as Toyota is concerned, they don't have to do anything to 'Spice up' the range to make it more attractive. Corolla sells well here solely based on reputation, they don't need a hero car or Sports range to make it more appealing.

Aurion on the other hand needed a helping hand to boost it's image in a market swamped by Falcodore buyers.

TRD Hilux was to cash in on the growing number of people wanting a performance suv if there is such a thing.

There was a TTE Yaris sitting in the Company Fleet garage here in Port Melbourne. Not much of a change though.. It had 16" 10 spoke alloys, Chrome exhaust tip, the tail lights were rounder and it sported a TTE grill.

There was a TTE Yaris sitting in the Company Fleet garage here in Port Melbourne. Not much of a change though.. It had 16" 10 spoke alloys, Chrome exhaust tip, the tail lights were rounder and it sported a TTE grill.

Didn't it also have the Corolla 1.8? About 97kw?

From what I've heard the next TRD will be a RAV. :whistling: If only we were getting the Blade Master G...

That's right... TRD RAV4 will be more likely than a TRD Corolla ......

Damn it.... What are those Japs blardy doing?????? WTF .......

It might have, I don't know though as I didn't get to see under the hood.

LOL nice one Angelo!!!

Also, if the NEW Corolla Sportivo came out with a 2.4 Camry engine, I'm quite certain the owners would be pretty p!ssed off when a 2003-2005 Sportivo toasted their ***** by 3 seconds at the strip :lol:

From what I've heard the next TRD will be a RAV. :whistling: If only we were getting the Blade Master G...

That's right... TRD RAV4 will be more likely than a TRD Corolla ......

Damn it.... What are those Japs blardy doing?????? WTF .......

What have the japs got to do with it? Nothing.

well i work at toyota altona and my cousin works for the technical centre in notting hill and he and people from work that work around the TRD area have told me that there 100% not making anymore TRD vechiles for a while because of the recent sales in the TRD range (not doing so well), if they do decide to do a TRD corolla then they will most likely only be upgrading the v6 corolla with a few TRD mods anyhow thats the news ive heard and pretty sure its acurate.

ps. thats right micky the japs have nothing to do with it its TMCA (toyota motor coperation australia) all aus!!!

Steve,

Edited by KaZe-

The TRD Aurion is the only car in the TRD range that deserves to have that brand stuck on it. The Hilux is just stupid, and the idea of a TRD Rav4 is even more stupid. 'Toyota Racing Development'. Yeah, I'm going to go race in my Rav4 at the SandDune 1000, and even then it'll just moonwalk and not go anywhere. There's nothing wrong with the Rav4 or the Hilux at all, but they aren't sports material.

The sooner Toyota Australia stops masturbating in Holden's toilet the better.

They need that rumored 'New Celica / Toyotaru' with it's 4wd 2.5L turbo boxer powerplant. Having a 2wd and 4wd version of those and sticking to the Aurion seems to be the smart thing to do, as they would probably sell a freaking car under the TRD brand then. However Toyota Australia won't want a bar of it, 'IF' it is created. They don't seem give a sh!t about the performance market anymore. They just don't listen to actual car enthusiasts, and as such, their marketing division must be made up of Nelsons who's weekly goal is try and beat the other in roots.

Toyota Australia: The boring grandfather of modern day Australian car manufacturers (that can't stop masturbating).

no surprises theyre aiming to get a tdi corolla into the market seeing as deisel technology its comming along as well as it has been id dare say itll be better than the petrol motors in most area's

still its a shame they wont be making a stivo varient anytime soon spose if anyone was desperate enough they could always put a 2zz in couldnt they