CAI on 1zz

i currently have a SRI on my 1zz..it sounds great but i dont think its giving me any power gains.

i want to get a cai but what i would like to know is..what power gainz are the 1zz guys getting? over here in S.a the 2zz gets 14kw gain with a cai.wil it be the same? or not because the motors are different?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i currently have a SRI on my 1zz..it sounds great but i dont think its giving me any power gains.

i want to get a cai but what i would like to know is..what power gainz are the 1zz guys getting? over here in S.a the 2zz gets 14kw gain with a cai.wil it be the same? or not because the motors are different?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=Search&f=4

:)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=Search&f=4

:)

LOL @ Kenneth

obviously there will be a differance with a differant motor, the 2zz puts out an extra 30kw at the wheels than the 1zz therfore the power gains will be numerically less but relatevely the same percentaage wise. but just try searching the forum next time ;)

obviously there will be a differance with a differant motor, the 2zz puts out an extra 30kw at the wheels than the 1zz therfore the power gains will be numerically less but relatevely the same percentaage wise. but just try searching the forum next time ;)

dude, i have performed a search and what i came across was not exactly what i was looking for. only usefull information i came across was when tayles stated the CAI works better on 2zz than 1zz but still good on 1zz

im looking for a comparisn between SRI and CAI on a 1zz and average power gains.

thank you.. :rolleyes:

dude, i have performed a search and what i came across was not exactly what i was looking for. only usefull information i came across was when tayles stated the CAI works better on 2zz than 1zz but still good on 1zz

im looking for a comparisn between SRI and CAI on a 1zz and average power gains.

thank you.. :rolleyes:

i remember reading it somewhere, since u've searched and cant find much then i will just restate what i read somewhere (i cant rmb where)

CAI is more of an END HIGH gain

SRI is more of a MID RANGE gain

correct me if im wrong...

Don't waste your time on SRI, just go the CAI.

I have both, and the SRI just gives you the sound, the only way for the SRI to perform anywhere close to an CAI is to completely box the whole thing and run a duct to the front completely sealed.

I laugh at people when they place a duct in front of the podfilter and say that it makes a noticeble difference <_<

On an auto 1zz the SRI made squat all difference besides more noise. The CAI worked well at higher speeds (65km/h +)

i found that the sri gave better response on my auto 1zz, that is until the engine got too hot

but now its boxed off, so its all good :)

the CAI is just awesome.. haha gave it a little rev when my friend wanted to hear it.. he was impressed how loud a little corolla can get....

If your car has done its fair share of travelling or you like to manage your throttle with very sharp inputs......

Another way to get better throttle response is by......

adjusting your throttle cable in the engine bay :lol:

The response that you get with the SRI is prolly good for about 10mins when your first start your car, its all down hill from there.

i was going to put my airbox back in, just for the fact that i put my foot down abit too often just the hear the noise from the cai, i should get new headers and exhaust aswell, but i can definately agree with the power in the higher rpm range andmost noisy at 3000-5500rpm

If your car has done its fair share of travelling or you like to manage your throttle with very sharp inputs......

Another way to get better throttle response is by......

The response that you get with the SRI is prolly good for about 10mins when your first start your car, its all down hill from there.

hehe.. anyone done tht :P :P sounds quite fun

I've been thinking about doing that aswell, but just havent gotten around to doing it. Laziness i guess! :P

My friend did it on his Corolla AE101 Auto. Seems to give him quite a bit more response. Someone should write up a guide on how to adjust the throttle cable!

hahahahha

I've been thinking about doing that aswell, but just havent gotten around to doing it. Laziness i guess! :P

My friend did it on his Corolla AE101 Auto. Seems to give him quite a bit more response. Someone should write up a guide on how to adjust the throttle cable!

hahahahha

youtube time :)

If you want to adjust the thottle rotor aka throttlecable i would suggest to get a new throttle rotor to addon to the current one as i did i bought the rotex i think thats the brand throttle rotor i just got into work so ill check the brand name on the rotor tonight on my way out

But anyway the metal round bit of the throttle cable that attaches to the rotor has 3 or 4 different positions all right next to each other but the difference in the tightness of the throttle cable is very noticeable myself and lylee tested the difference at the last sydney meet and he saw how loose his cable was and how tight mine is so if you want to do a home job be my guest but i think it only cost me 50$ or something to have the throttle rotor shipped from thailand or one of those countries so i dont see it making a dent in anyones wallet and you will notice the accelerator being at full throttle way before you put your foot to the floor

Caution: i noticed that with such a tight throttle cable it is harder to keep on the speed limit as it requires next to no throttle to keep the car moving all i can say if you do this mod is that i warned you lol B)

I'm Serious.... :P

But in all honesty people should adjust it if they have covered there fair share of kilometers, which reminds me that I think its time for me to adjust mine and get that awesome throttle response :D

I'm Serious.... :P

But in all honesty people should adjust it if they have covered there fair share of kilometers, which reminds me that I think its time for me to adjust mine and get that awesome throttle response :D

How to adjust it? Can someone please show ???

Your gains from putting a CAI on your car will be totally different to ours as the altitude difference is a lot. Most 1ZZ I've seen with CAI gain about 3-5KW depending on the car. Don't use one of those enclosed cone filters(the pod filter with an enclosure around it and an inlet on the end) as they will cost your power. A member from here put one on his car and lost heaps on the dyno.

As for adjusting the throttle cable it doesn't make your car go any better. Even with some slack in the cable at idle you will still find that you have full throttle when you push it flat.