WA New P Plate Novice LAW...

LEGEND888

hi guys...

just knew that the road and safety office released a new P plate law....... welll.... what do u think??

ill give you the link of the article/brochure of it...

http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov.au/do...une2008_000.pdf

what do guys think?? Good law?? Bad law?? or gonna be useless?

as i know that in TOCAU we even have the law of " IF U HOON UR GONE" :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: HAHAHAHAHA.....

I reckon its actually good..cos alot of kids who just got their P plates..with their fancy falcon or commowhoreshiatcrap..go zooming around late at night..or whenever..if they want to die themselves its fine by me..but they`re putting others in danger too..esp when u just got ur license..u lack of experience..n with all those hormones rushing around..not a good combo

Making it harder n longer to get L plates n P plates r actually good..i know it may cause some inconvenience but its for a right reason :)

amen †

:D :P

my 5 cents

OMG!! NO REPLYY?? COME ON GUYS :P

haha funny.. it doesn't affect :P

How wants my original P plates for ONLY 10 bucks? any bidders? :P

I reckon its actually good..cos alot of kids who just got their P plates..with their fancy falcon or commowhoreshiatcrap..go zooming around late at night..or whenever..if they want to die themselves its fine by me..but they`re putting others in danger too..esp when u just got ur license..u lack of experience..n with all those hormones rushing around..not a good combo

Making it harder n longer to get L plates n P plates r actually good..i know it may cause some inconvenience but its for a right reason :)

amen †

:D :P

my 5 cents

yeah mate.. i kinda agree with you... well... it will be sucks for me if i just get my license. but im on my 8th month of P plate. so im not affected by that restriction. but i understand what you coming from.. everyone who just got their license on their hands... they feel super duper confident, when they dont have any experience and dont have any feeling of roads and cars.. they cant even control their cars. specially with commys v8s and things ey....

did u guys read the article? :P

HAHA! damn.. u not p plate any more ey? ROFL... or more than 6 months of P plate already? :P:P.... im so lucky coz i got my license done on the day of my birthday. so im actually around 8 months of P plate... quite excited watching all my friends who just got their license stay at home after 12-5 /gg ROFL

HAHA! damn.. u not p plate any more ey? ROFL... or more than 6 months of P plate already? :P:P.... im so lucky coz i got my license done on the day of my birthday. so im actually around 8 months of P plate... quite excited watching all my friends who just got their license stay at home after 12-5 /gg ROFL

haha mate the only downside to that is u will always be DD LOL :P

hahah im off my p's so it doenst rly affect me, i think its good that they put restrictions on the P platers, not saying that because i got off it but i believe it will help the problem to a LITTLE extend,

wont do much to solve the problem but i guess lil bit is better then nth..

DD whats that?? sorry dont get it T_T

DD whats that?? sorry dont get it T_T

designated driver buddy

Over here in QLD it is now a minimum L period of 12 mths!!! Im so lucky i just missed that! But that thing after midnight has been going on over here for ages, in a different way though. You can drive between those hours, but you cannot drive those hours with people of the same peer group in your car..... Easy to get around that when you just say they are your cousins or something HAHA.

call me a synic if you must but it all sounds a little too "Soviet" for my liking - the "special" police (i.e highway patrol) pull you over and start barking orders like "Vare iz you papers!?"

[You hand over your "permission slip" to be out at night]

Officer: "Dis lettar states you finish work at vun am. It iz now teu am. Vayt are you still doing outs?"

You: "Sorry officer. I stopped by Maccas on my way home from work"

Office: "ZAT IZ NOT GOOT ENUF. STEP OUT OF ZEE KAR!"

:whistling:

the document has a positive spin with good intentions but it sets a dangerous precedent towards curfews under the guis of "the greater good". Isn't that how the Patriot act came about in the States? :g: Ok Ok, I'm beeing melodramatic but you still get my drift right?

Edited by qkslvr

kinda too strict, what happens if theres an emergency and you cant drive because of the 12-5am thing LOL

like your mates deserted n you need to go get him LOL or u needa go ur mates to pick up some stuff

dam thats more strict than NSW with the only "one passenger" rule thing, which is sooooooo annoying

but anyways, wont be long until people start to "rebel" against it. lols they'll prob just take off their P plates & drive

kinda too strict, what happens if theres an emergency and you cant drive because of the 12-5am thing LOL

like your mates deserted n you need to go get him LOL or u needa go ur mates to pick up some stuff

dam thats more strict than NSW with the only "one passenger" rule thing, which is sooooooo annoying

but anyways, wont be long until people start to "rebel" against it. lols they'll prob just take off their P plates & drive

if you hv a good enough reason to be driving in unforseen circumstances, im sure they will let u off the hook, its like when ur rushing to the hosp for emergency, you can speed and still get off the fine (as far as i know)

but heck are you going to give a damn about a couple hundred dollar fine if ur in such a hurry/emergency?

I think that implementing new policies that have more to do with speeding, will have more effect then simply adding additional time in which a person can get their license.

Its also kind of stupid that they are making these new laws about being able to drive at night only if you are studying, or on the way home from work or whatever.

Fair enough theyre trying to make it safer on the roads for us all, but a "1st phase" P-plater that is driving home from work or uni late at night has exactly the same probability of being involved in a car accident as any other "first phase" p-plater driving that late at night.

What means of proof would you need if you were heading home from uni after a late night of study before exam week?? A student I.D maybe?

I think that these new policies are just getting way too ridiculous now.

When these new laws are implimented, and my little brother gets his P-Plates, I'll be reminding him to bring along his student I.D when he heads out to a 24/7 Macdonalds.

What a joke

I think that implementing new policies that have more to do with speeding, will have more effect then simply adding additional time in which a person can get their license.

Its also kind of stupid that they are making these new laws about being able to drive at night only if you are studying, or on the way home from work or whatever.

Fair enough theyre trying to make it safer on the roads for us all, but a "1st phase" P-plater that is driving home from work or uni late at night has exactly the same probability of being involved in a car accident as any other "first phase" p-plater driving that late at night.

What means of proof would you need if you were heading home from uni after a late night of study before exam week?? A student I.D maybe?

I think that these new policies are just getting way too ridiculous now.

When these new laws are implimented, and my little brother gets his P-Plates, I'll be reminding him to bring along his student I.D when he heads out to a 24/7 Macdonalds.

What a joke

true,

and well when this new law does come out, the ones who were suppose to be designated drivers for the eg. party cant drive so whats gunna happen to all the drunks there? they'll prob drive their car (making this worse) or walk it (however, some people find drunks in public "offensive")

whats we gunna do LOL

feel sorry for my cousin down in perth HAHAHA

Basically all these new laws do is make P-platers find a way around them.

Just look at the car restriction law here in NSW, so you cant drive a turbo/supercharged car or a V8, all some kids do is get a como or falcon which r sixs, and they arnt slow, or they take mummy or daddies BMW or Merc.

I believe the way they should of handled it was by a power to weight ratio like they have for motorcycles here in NSW(not sure abut other states)

Im a P-plater here in NSW and i know people who do what i mentioned above and believe me they dont know how to drive, seeing that one of them wrote his dads Merc off.

sorry if this is off topic just thought i would share my thoughts

no jay, they just pick on you...and jeremy...and kenneth...and andy

lol they pick on us to make sure we arent bum raped by ron...

they`re not picking on us..they`re protecting us..from ron..

lol u've got a point..