car alarm going off

car problems, car problems and more car problems LOL okay

this might be a dud question BUT i need answers NOW

so like if u dont already know my car was in an accident but its only like little damage in the rear panels

and like LOL the car still worked and everything, its just my rear bumper was half off so i decided not to drive it to school anymore

left it in the garage for about 1 week ? and then when i tried to start it up like sometime last week it wouldnt work lols and like in the ignition bit the alarm went on

but then when i pulled the key out it stopped, so then my friends told me its prob the car battery since u didnt drive it & told me to check my lights

so i did and when i switched on my lights the alarm went on n then when i switched it back off it went off

now, i left the car battery inside still waiting on what do to (some friends saying take the battery out then use cable wires to charge it, others are saying i need a whole new battery)

and when i came home like an hr ago, i heard an alarm ringing - went to the garage LOL and wouldnt u know it my car is making this fkn loud alarm noise

i tried to use the remote to open it but it didnt work, so i used the LOL key to get in

i tried to start the car up but it didnt work and when it hit the ignition bit the alarm tone was slightly abit lower (as if the battery was running out on it)

then when i took the key out it went back to the normal tone as before

i checked my steering wheel and like its locked but when i tried to start up the car it wasnt anymore

theres no flashy lights or anything as to say whats the problem

so like the alarm noise is still going off atm, kind of getting annoying LOL

but what do i do, and why did the alarm noise go on in the first place is my question

Cant you turn off the alarm from your remote? Or open the bonnet and deactivate the alarm, usually with a key

ive tried using the remote and it doesnt work at all, LOL how do i deactivate the alarm

phat said it might be the immbolizier

It should of came with a key when you bought it, Then you have a little box under the bonnet which you put the key in

If you can't find your key for that, disconnect the negative lead on battery.

I'm guessing your battery has drained almost completely dead.

whens the last time you changed your battery?

batteries can last from 2 to 10 years. depending on how you use it. I was going onto my 6th year and a couple of weeks ago i accidently left the headlights on tried starting and jumping and it had already gone to battery heaven so i had to replace it.

When batteries die they don't give enough power to certain circuits and relays in your car to support it. I.e. hence why your car alrm is going off constantly. Was the same with my brothers type R when we first bought it. Just telling you that you need to recharge it or replace it.

It should of came with a key when you bought it, Then you have a little box under the bonnet which you put the key in

LOL i didnt get no key !

um i just took out the right side of the battery (derno if its positive or negative) and the alarm is still on so is it the immbolizier ? LOL is so WHAT NOW?

Edited by mrs.sportivo

LOL i didnt get no key !

um i just took out the right side of the battery (derno if its positive or negative) and the alarm is still on so is it the immbolizier ? LOL is so WHAT NOW?

Might be the backup battery for the Alarm that's keeping it running.

wait okay LOL so i decided to take out the whole battery when i did this, the tone changed abit so it was doing something

then i found that little box u were talking about, and theres a speaker and a small key hole LOL but i dont have the key

my mate wants to snip one of the wires thats coming from that LOL to stop the noise (im kinda scared about that)

theres 2 wires coming from the little box, ones connected to a latch and the other is like LOL "*** knows where"

edit: just called old owner, he said he didnt get no key too ahhh

Edited by mrs.sportivo

Snipping the wire won't necessarily stop the noise. I'd just get a bunch of old clothes or something and plug the siren up for now, at least it'll be quieter. If you want to preserve the alarm, the best thing would be to call an auto electrician (NOT lube mobile or those sorts of scams). They'll have it disabled within minutes. The guy's probably having you on when he says he didn't get a key (unless the previous owner didn't give it to HIM or something).

hmms, well is there anything else that i can do by myself to try and stop the noise? LOL do u reckon all the keys are the same? maybe i can borrow a friends LOL

aishh, so gay - anyone know what might have been the cause that triggered the alarm ?

edit: LOL wait i think i might try to jump it, so i can just use my remote to turn it off - if that doesnt work gg to me cos i dont get paid till next week LOL

Edited by mrs.sportivo

hmms, well is there anything else that i can do by myself to try and stop the noise? LOL do u reckon all the keys are the same? maybe i can borrow a friends LOL

aishh, so gay - anyone know what might have been the cause that triggered the alarm ?

edit: LOL wait i think i might try to jump it, so i can just use my remote to turn it off - if that doesnt work gg to me cos i dont get paid till next week LOL

HAHA! my friend has that problem. the alarm has back up battery. what you do is just put a rag over the siren or something... it will help. make it wet, it will decrease the noise i think :D

so is it stopping now??

LOL WITH MY INTELLIGENT AA+ SKILLS, AND MY MATES CABLE WIRES, it is now FIXED - YES FIXED LOL the alarm is off & the car is working

(turns out i didnt need a new battery & the alarm just turned off itself when we cable wired it)

okay so, what i did was cable wire it to my sisters s15, LOL it didnt go because not enough energy

so we used her bfs v8, however when i tried to turn the key to start the engine the alarm noise went back on and then when i pulled the key out the alarm noise turned off

so my mate was like try turning the car on while holding the "unlock" button on the remote so i did, and wouldnt u know it

cars back on WOOHOO lols drove it down the block - filled up petrol with my car turned ON LOL and then came home and turned it back off

and dw it still works LOL because i tried to turn it back on after turning it off & it worked so yay

everythings worked out well

Edited by mrs.sportivo

oh my fkn ***,

its back aGAIN LOLOL yday when i came home the alarm was ringing but i just left it, went out n came back home and it wasnt ringing anymore LOL i think the alarm battery died too, but yeah does anyone know why the alarm was ringing the first time ?! ffs LOL i full left my driver side door open as well on thurs night, so the alarm wouldnt ring - but it did !