rattle in dash

BONDIE

.... I managed to get hold of a Toyota Tecnical Bulletin from the USA called NV008-07 which covers the fix. I'll give this to my Toyota Dealer to see if this is the fix that they carried out. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know........Cheers

Can you scan it and post to here?

Give this a try. Remember that there is no Aurion in the US and that they have 6 cyl Camrys. Also everything on here needs to be reversed as LHDT_NV008_07.pdf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeeha!!!! Finally had my dash rattle fixed. It was the fourth time the dash was taken out. Dwyers Bairnsdale Toyota are now experts. It was the main beam as per picture that was causing rattle. Previous fixes were basically bigger clips with felt or foam padding. It so good I can now hear rattles elsewhere like from the sunvisors. So good knowing they finally nailed the problem with the dash. The part is being sent back to Toyota for testing, I feel a bit like a guinea pig for Toyota. Now all I have to do is get a couple of new sunvisors and clips that hold them in.

post-6135-1224660948_thumb.jpg

Edited by julian040859

.... I managed to get hold of a Toyota Tecnical Bulletin from the USA called NV008-07 which covers the fix. I'll give this to my Toyota Dealer to see if this is the fix that they carried out. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know........Cheers

Can you scan it and post to here?

Give this a try. Remember that there is no Aurion in the US and that they have 6 cyl Camrys. Also everything on here needs to be reversed as LHDT_NV008_07.pdf

Thank you. :)

Its been a week since I have had mine fixed, its kinda weird the car is so quiet now.

Tell us when u want any noise to appear in ur car.. We'll happily do it for ya.. :lol:

haha, I reckon if I put in an aftermarket sound system myself I would make multiple rattles appear.

I have been doing aggressive acceleration just so I can hear the car more, and that doesnt help fuel economy. I might just keep coins somewhere lol

Yeeha!!!! Finally had my dash rattle fixed. It was the fourth time the dash was taken out. Dwyers Bairnsdale Toyota are now experts. It was the main beam as per picture that was causing rattle. Previous fixes were basically bigger clips with felt or foam padding. It so good I can now hear rattles elsewhere like from the sunvisors. So good knowing they finally nailed the problem with the dash. The part is being sent back to Toyota for testing, I feel a bit like a guniea pig for Toyota. Now all I have to do is get a couple of new sunvisors and clips that hold them in.

Hey Julian, thanks for your post. I have forwarded your attachment to my Toyota Service people and hopefully I have the same problem......cheers

I've got my car booked in for the 14th to get the foam thingy put in under the dash as well. Apparently it's a common fault (repair) with the Aurions but it wasn't serious enough to warrant a recall.

They're replacing my 6 stacker head unit at the same time cos the display buggers itself when the car is parked in the heat.