Remus Exhaust & TRD CAI

TRD intake is available from www.trdsales.com through Bruce. I'd recommend him after buying it as im sure a lot of members here would.

Remus exhaust is a little tougher to grab hold of. In perth I was lucky and got mine from the first exhaust shop I went to. Best bet is to go to a large and popular exhuast shop and ask if they can get in a remus exhaust, if not ask them if they know someone that can get one in.

:D Good choices on the mods though. Looks like there are going to be 3 similar rollas on the site. :lol:

I paid between $450-$550, shalnt say the actual price as I think I remember Bruce have issues before on this topic. So theres a general price range for it.

I looked into custom air intake, however the TRD one comes with the slot for a map sensor so its the best one to use for sure. Its one louder sucker as well, you notice the difference vastly and hear it even whilst the engine is idling.

The remus exhaust was expensive though. From what I remember I paid around $800 for that *** damn thing. It was worth it though. :D

i hear most of you saying the trd cai from usa is so good however i wonder why trd japan are yet to make one specifically for the runx.

i only know of blitz doing an intake just for the runx does anyone know any other choices?

if you get the trd cai from what i have heard be careful with the installation because you could have problems later on.

if you want to spend more on the muffler try sebring which is remus racing brand.

Edited by kcorro

if you get the trd cai  from what i have heard be careful with the installation because you could have problems later on.

The only issues you may have is if you tighten the clamps on the elbow too tight, due to the amount of engine movement that occurs in lift.

As with any metal on rubber fitting...tighten it up taught...then turn back 1/4 turn ;)

i hear most of you saying the trd cai from usa is so good however i wonder why trd japan are yet to make one specifically for the runx.

i only know of blitz doing an intake just for the runx does anyone know any other choices?

if you get the trd cai  from what i have heard be careful with the installation because you could have problems later on.

if you want to spend more on the muffler try sebring which is remus racing brand.

That's a good point regarding the CAI Kcorro :huh: .

Sebring is Cool - be aware that it is louder though.

Contact Details

Sollitt Trading Company Limited

58 Fitzherbert Street, Lower Hutt, New Zealand

Telephone +64 4 577 3502 - Facsimile +64 4 577 1765

e-mail: sales@trdsales.com

found at the bottom of www.trdsales.com :P and bruce is the only guy that works there.

Edited by Northy

For the price of a Remus muffler you could just about get a complete cat back stainless steel system from CES. It sounds every bit as good as a Remus muffler and has the added benefit of a larger performance gain.

Remus manufacture a specific muffler engineered for the 1zz and a different one tailored for the 2zz.

That's what makes them good. They're not a generic 1 fits all type muffler, they're engineered specifically for your model car to give it optimum performance..

No CES system is designed for 2zz only. You could do something similar to a 1zz but you would need a guinea pig for the testing. I'm sure there would be power to be found.

For the 1zz engine I would recommend remus, means no messing around with a custom job and guarantees a performance gain as well as nice sound. Its a proven worked exhaust that does a good job.

Taking it to an exhaust place can often be a mistake depending on the exhaust place. Sometimes you will get a perfect exhaust, other times you will get a droning exhaust that leaves you with less power than you had at the start.