Angel Eyes

VF-X

Apparently in Taiwan, Angel eyes for 2007 model (Our Aurion!) are available.

Any1 can clarify this? And also with the 3 months issue thing. Would it fit to our model or...

Any relevant Info is highly appreciated guys..

Btw, Vids and Pics all over the net including youtube. Rdash is the company name..

Edited by VF-X

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I can post Utube Video here...

Anw, just type in 'Rdash' into youtube and you'll find it in the 1st page.

Edited by VF-X

Looks HOT *****..... didn't like the grill though.. lol

One of the users commented it only lasts 3-4 months? :huh:

Would definitely look this one up if it's reliable!

Yea..that was my comment.. :lol:

This topic was once here in Aurion section. There was some1 who did the installment,evrything went well until 3-4 months later, it became problematic. It was then concluded Angel eyes is Impossible for Aurion unless u wanna be bothered evry 3-4 months gettin it replaced. Then topic slowly dissappeared.. :(

Now that i see this..Hopefully there's still chances..

Edited by VF-X

The reason why you should only expect angel eyes to last for around 3-4 months is because of the lighting technology used. A majority of angel eyes out there are made using CCFL (cold-cathode fluorescent lights) due to their uniform bright light output. The one issue with CCFL is that vibration and high temperatures will reduce their lifespan. These two conditions are experienced inside the headlight housing (regardless of the car), so as you can see CCFL isn't the best option to use for angel eyes, especially when you consider the procedure required to fit them.

If you could find angel eyes that use LED's, you may be lucky enough to have them last for the life of your car. LED's can have a reduced life due to high temperatures, but they are pretty hardy so in the case of fitting them as angel eyes, they should have no issues.

What about those beemers angle lights?

From all the BMW angel eyes I've seen, they consist of a bulb shining light in a housing which creates the ring. I haven't really seen the latest ones, but I'm guessing that if they are white, they would be the same concept, but using LED's.

In my opinion by fitting angel eyes to the Aurion headlights will not turn out good / serve the purpose that you want angel eyes for. Simply because it's a reflective surround rather than (blackened) projector style. If you get what I mean. Perhaps do a mod... spray the surrounds in black like it has been done with the Corollas ?

In my opinion by fitting angel eyes to the Aurion headlights will not turn out good / serve the purpose that you want angel eyes for. Simply because it's a reflective surround rather than (blackened) projector style. If you get what I mean. Perhaps do a mod... spray the surrounds in black like it has been done with the Corollas ?

Calling apg39....

Hello?

Somebody rang?

Blackened headlights is easy as, just a long process and a bit worrying if you dont know what ur doing. But it is easy. I took almost all day but I took my time & it included painting & refitting the lights.

Check my signature for a pic.

LINKY LINKY

Edited by apg39

With the blackened headlights...so logically, it would make 8000k hid like 6000k ones?

Yea, I guess I'll stop with this angel eye thing... Evrytime i look @ Bmw 5 series, the small light just b4 the normal HID light..

It's just so damnn Good.. Ah well :)

With the blackened headlights...so logically, it would make 8000k hid like 6000k ones?

Yea, I guess I'll stop with this angel eye thing... Evrytime i look @ Bmw 5 series, the small light just b4 the normal HID light..

It's just so damnn Good.. Ah well :)

BMW... bmw-headlight-5-series.JPG

Aurion...

TRD Aurion... aurion_sports_02.jpg

no by blacking out the reflective surrounds it will not change the HIDs temp at all. If you using 8000k then they will turn out 8000k... it will look better and more projected than all over the place.

See the BMW headlights aren't too reflective. Where as the Aurion one is far more reflective... If you used standard light temp as the BMW one on your current Aurion headlight it should be fine... unless you want something aggressive then darken it like the TRD Aurions :)

Edited by 11TWO

I think if was referring to the illusion of the HID's looking a lower colour temperature. For example, the contrast between the clean white light of if CCFL angel eye and the HID's vs yellow halogen angel eyes with HID's.

Also, that TRD Aurion in the photo looks like the pre-production model. The production model has the same headlight assembly as the Sportivo's.

• 1 year later...

God it's been long with this topic. Has any1 totally given up with this MOD or just not interested? Or just not worth trying?

I found a place in Sydney, Parramatta to be exact, that does custom Angel eye with a 1 year warranty!! How much you guys reckon the worth of this mod people?? Thinking of doing this, but dont think it's worth it.

God it's been long with this topic. Has any1 totally given up with this MOD or just not interested? Or just not worth trying?

I found a place in Sydney, Parramatta to be exact, that does custom Angel eye with a 1 year warranty!! How much you guys reckon the worth of this mod people?? Thinking of doing this, but dont think it's worth it.

Vick according to Ian from Singapore, the other time when he did his, it is pretty labour intensive and the installer spent 4 hrs. It should be pretty expensive considering the labour cost. He did send me the steps to installing the angel eyes... if u want i can send it to u..

Vick according to Ian from Singapore, the other time when he did his, it is pretty labour intensive and the installer spent 4 hrs. It should be pretty expensive considering the labour cost. He did send me the steps to installing the angel eyes... if u want i can send it to u..

Wah.. Really? OMG. Send it to me.. Why didn't u say so? Where did they get the Angel eyes thou? From RStyle?

god u guys make me want angel eyes even more... i thought i was done with this ARGH

do u have a link to that sydney place? im curious...very curious

well.. Type in AutoJoy in google... it should come up with their web. I haven't nego about their price thou..

Anw... People...How much is this mod worth u guys think people.. Need input whether it is worth the money or not..

Wanting this so baddddddd

I would personally avoid all CCFL angel eyes. If if I was to get those kick-a55 ones like Autojoy offers (the multiple LED angel eyes), that is something I'd be willing to pay $300-400 supplied and fitted.

Vick, u can buy the whole light, these come with eyelids.. NICE.. hahaha Price is in RMB (China Reminbi)

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail....jhtml?cm_cat=0

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail....jhtml?cm_cat=0

Ha? 2200-2300 RMB including the headlights? Wah...that's damn cheap.. Anw, Is there anw they do it in white blue-ish. The way I see it, Im a prey to those defect-hunters.. :(.

Btw, that's a CCFL rite?

DJ, why would you prefer LED than CCFL again? I'm sure I read it somewhere, but just wanna make sure.

Btw, that's a CCFL rite?

That's correct.

DJ, why would you prefer LED than CCFL again? I'm sure I read it somewhere, but just wanna make sure.

Personal reasons. I have had bad experiences with CCFL accessory lighting when put to automotive use. Plus I believe the life expectancy for the LED's would be much greater when exposed to the heat from the headlights.

Plus I believe the life expectancy for the LED's would be much greater when exposed to the heat from the headlights.

Hmm.. How do I differentiate between those 2 just by looking at it? And for the lifespan, is it a fact or from personal experience?