TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice job on getting the dealership BKS. Much nicer to have shelter in case of rain plus amenities for everyone as well.

Great news about the venue, and that will be a fantastic place to do it all. Plus, what a boost for Brighton Toyota anyway as in show casing basically their business. I have never been to Brighton before either, so it'll be nice to see somewhere new!

To anyone that still needed a lift in on the morning please let me know (PM would be good); I'm driving to Melb at some stage Friday night and staying with relatives for the weekend (gotta love free accommodation :D) so all I'm doing is hopping up Saturday morning and cleaning the car again then making my way to Brighton for the meet. So I'll be out in Airport West and coming in if anyone needs; it's like one suburb away from Essendon.

Haha I used to go to Airport West all the time as a kid...... used to live in Gladstone Park ^_^

Nice one on the dealership space BKS, you're doing some top work here mate, will have to repay you with a few brewskis on Friday/Saturday night. Any Brighton locals know of good carwash places in the area?

Are old-school cars welcome at this event?

I'm thinking of bringing my rare 75 Corona Hardtop with 18RG power.

Cheers,

You are more than welcome to come join us in this event.

Are old-school cars welcome at this event?

I'm thinking of bringing my rare 75 Corona Hardtop with 18RG power.

Cheers,

You are more than welcome to come join us in this event.

Thanks guys.

I won't make the Sunday cruise, but Saturday should be do-able. The RT112 has been in storage for a while, just dug it out this weekend, so I have a bit of tidying to do.

Cheers,

Brett.

stfu all in the bin :D

any1 else bringing a rav4 :( wanna be my twin...dont wanna rock up 2 the toyota being the only rav4 ROFL

Hmm, perhaps if M_M let me 'borrow' one of their many Toyotas, i would :P

but i can't see that happening ;)

Evo

pardon my ignorance :unsure: ,but can someone please tell me the latest times and places for the Annual Meet in Melbourne?I'm sorry if this has been posted but i had a squiz and my eyes got tired before i could find it.So if someone could post times/places/ and what were doing,would be great. :)

p.s not to many more sleeps now. :yahoo:

pardon my ignorance :unsure: ,but can someone please tell me the latest times and places for the Annual Meet in Melbourne?I'm sorry if this has been posted but i had a squiz and my eyes got tired before i could find it.So if someone could post times/places/ and what were doing,would be great. :)

1st page mate :whistling:

:yahoo:

any1 else bringing a rav4 :( wanna be my twin...dont wanna rock up 2 the toyota being the only rav4 ROFL

Evo

hehehe...we live in sydney your so funny!! all our cars will be at home for the meet :(

we have a rental car we not driving there too :D dumb rental company cant even promise me a toyota :( might end up with a lancer they said. :(

ravvvie, like i said before it doesnt matter what model your toyota is.......so far ur doing better then us by having a toyota it's a lucky dip with rental companies !!

at least your gonna be able to represent!! :toast:

Evo

hehehe...we live in sydney your so funny!! all our cars will be at home for the meet :(

we have a rental car we not driving there too :D dumb rental company cant even promise me a toyota :( might end up with a lancer they said. :(

ravvvie, like i said before it doesnt matter what model your toyota is.......so far ur doing better then us by having a toyota it's a lucky dip with rental companies !!

at least your gonna be able to represent!! :toast:

Yeah?? i forgot about that lol :P

i wanted to get a rental car too, but alas, im not old enough :( so i was disappointed

Evo

geeze that makes me sound so old now!! thanks!! :P

car-pooling is good anyways everyone saves money then :D

more money for fun fun fun then!

Evo

I've tried, don't bother :P

FYI: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-f...n/vic/melbourne - why don't I like the look of this :|

...dont wanna rock up 2 the toyota being the only rav4 ROFL

But why? Being the only one of the kind there would be great. I know if I was the only one with a particular car there; I'd feel great. As said... you gotta represent.

FYI: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-f...n/vic/melbourne - why don't I like the look of this :|

Keep your hopes up. The weather man predicted that it would be raining over here for like a week since last Wednesday or whatever. So much for that happening.

hey guys cant wait to actually meet the crew, im pumped and think i might drive up and back for all the days of the meet.

i was just wondering with the show and shine what are up for grabs?( trophy's) E.g best engine bay, interior, exterior , audio install, all round?

thanx guys

hey guys cant wait to actually meet the crew, im pumped and think i might drive up and back for all the days of the meet.

i was just wondering with the show and shine what are up for grabs?( trophy's) E.g best engine bay, interior, exterior , audio install, all round?

thanx guys

Great Question!!!

there are Trophies for 1st Place and Runners up in the following Catagories.

Best Exterior,

TRD Polo Shirt, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Selleys Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Car Care, Synthetic Liquid Polish, Synthetic Spray Detailer, Turtle Wax Hat

Best Interior,

TRD Polo Shirt, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Selleys Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior Car Care, Synthetic Liquid Polish, Synthetic Spray Detailer, Turtle Wax Hat

Best Engine Bay

Toyota Gym Bag, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Moderators Choice

Toyota Gym Bag, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Members Choice

TRD Racing Jacket, Toyota Stubby Cooler

Runners Up will recieve a Toyota Cap, anda Toyota Stubby Cooler.

The big Prize, the TRD Jacket is for everyone attending on the day to decide. Worth over $150, thought it was best it was the public vote.

In the event there are Equal votes for more than 1 car, then the Moderators will decide the Winner.

now get cleaning guys!!!!

It all sounds absolutely wonderful, I really can't wait for it all!! I better get cleaning the car heheheheh Might do the engine this Saturday, I can't have the rest of the car clean and the engine bay dirty lol Are there any "lucky door prizes" for those of us that probably aren't contenders for the show and shine? Hahahahahah...

I wouldn't stress too much about the weather; as DJKOR has said the weather forecasts have been pretty inaccurate lately, and we've been having some beautiful days here with the sun shining a little, so stay positive and hopefully we will get a couple of gorgeous winter days. At any rate you all better bring a few jumpers/pairs of jeans!

Oh and I forgot to add - for the Rav4 bloke again, being the "odd one out" is nothing to be ashamed of, and I'm certain no one's going to make you feel that way. If it helps any I'm reasonably confident I will be the only Gen 6 Camry Sportivo manual owner at the meet, although I would love to find another.

Edited by Tash

1st page mate :whistling:

:yahoo:

thanks Guni :),was waiting for current post and never bothered to go back to the amended 1st page.

how dumb do i feel,2+2 is 4, 3+3 is 6,2+2 is ummm?

So,QLD and NSW drivers whats happening with the drive down?

meeting place?

what time departure and from where?

I think Villawood was mentioned somewhere earlier about a meeting point or somewhere down the highway. No point for me going Villawood,iam 5min from

M5..I normally leave around 1am when i go Mel but 5-6am should be ok too.. An hour down the Hume there is Maccas at the Shell garage(Sutton Forest) and 100m past that is a long parking bay..

Ideas and suggestions? :)

So,QLD and NSW drivers whats happening with the drive down?

There's only one car driving down from Brisbane and that would be mine (with mick.wheelz on board). We will be going a route that avoids Sydney all together so we'll meet everyone in Melbourne.