TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

was great fun

- great cars and great people, thanks all

i am looking forward to seeing you all in a few hours for the cruise...

keep the rain away...

looking forward to the pics

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning crew,big props to all who organized a great day at Brighton Toyota(show & shine),had a ball,great cars & friendly faces :clap:

also SB and i found a pizza shop in Lygon st worthy of a re-visit,hmmmm gotta love that tropical pizza.

anyway looking forward to the cruise,should meet all you guys around 10am-10.30am.

p.s fellow cruisers try and take it a little easier today,as i've just woken up and it's PIZZING DOWN,and looks like it will be with us for a good part of the day. :(

Hi all - I was one of the rollaclub / toymods imposters that came for a look. I will repost what I have posted on those forums so you can see some pics. My bent is more the classics so thats why all the pics I posted here are the oldies, but if you go into my album you will find a couple more of the late model stuff, but not a lot. Sorry!

Link to my photos from the day here -

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/adamlaws197...feat=directlink

Highlights for me were:

Dave's magic TE27 - was runner up in a number of categories including interior and members choice I think.

img1402.jpg

img1396.jpg

RA23

img1442.jpg

TE72 with a 3SGTE - was a Toyota exec car which had passed through a few hands.

img1451.jpg

Matt's KE30 with a 7K - won best engine bay - well done - I voted for you hehe

img1415.jpg

img1413.jpg

Corona RT112 - has featured in Australian Classic Car recently

img1405.jpg

I always liked the ST185 WRC car

img1403.jpg

Takumi was represented. Love the rear watanabes

img1461.jpg

And this was the first outing for "Mission Brown", my latest acquistion, but I left her out in the car park

img1401.jpg

Good day run by Blind Kid Seeks - congrats! Hope the guys cruising today have a good run :)

The show and shine today was great - so many fantastic cars and lots of great people :D Can't wait until the cruise tomorrow!! And I was absolutely rapt to see another Gen 6 Sportivo manual :D

we are proberly the only ones in vic to be driving a gen6 manual :)

Cruise today was fantastic, and the rain held off all day apart from a bit of spitting. I did get my wish for a car "wash" later in the day though as it absolutely poured down on my return trip to Bendigo!! Was a gorgeous cruise route when I took a look at the scenery and wasn't busy cornering, very impressed with the stock Cam's handling although seeing you all with your mods has given me a fair few ideas hehehe

Will wait until the official picture thread is up and about before I post up what I've got, should be a few good ones and I took a few out of the windscreen today. Can't be bothered getting the camera out right now :P And I can't wait to see the pics we got on the freeway!

Heheh Akuma, I hope we are the only ones in Vic with a Gen 6 manual - although the others don't know what they're missing out on!! Soooo much fun today :D

Cruise today was fantastic, and the rain held off all day apart from a bit of spitting. I did get my wish for a car "wash" later in the day though as it absolutely poured down on my return trip to Bendigo!! Was a gorgeous cruise route when I took a look at the scenery and wasn't busy cornering, very impressed with the stock Cam's handling although seeing you all with your mods has given me a fair few ideas hehehe

Will wait until the official picture thread is up and about before I post up what I've got, should be a few good ones and I took a few out of the windscreen today. Can't be bothered getting the camera out right now :P And I can't wait to see the pics we got on the freeway!

Heheh Akuma, I hope we are the only ones in Vic with a Gen 6 manual - although the others don't know what they're missing out on!! Soooo much fun today :D

I went back to another mates place with Brendan (my passenger) and Zoran (Zed), he had his laptop there and we watched the majority of the footage he got on his in car cam. Quite alot of good footage, especially the round and round and round from the donuts he did hahaha! This was my first cruise and definately not my last! I absolutely enjoyed it as well as Brendan, he wants a Corolla Sportivo now haha! Pity Tash and I did not get side by side photo ops for the Aurora Gold Cousins :( next time!

I'd like to thank those who were involved in the organisation and smooth running of the event (well by smooth I mean for those who did not fall to the wrath of that road, I feel for you guys!)...

As for Guni, those balarina shoes are on the way! Well done mate. :P

As for Guni, those balarina shoes are on the way! Well done mate. :P

*Jumps 6 feet in the air with legs stretched wide while "What a feeling" plays in the background on an old boom box.

;)

Great day today,it was my 1st TOCAU cruise and i loved it (and so did the missus),the route thru dem hills was awesome and the Aurion with here new rubber stuck to the road like a magnet,there were a couple of mishaps on the day but nothing we all couldn't handle,lunch at Korumburra was great and the drive home was without incident.

Big Thanks to Andy (BKS) for a great day,well done mate.. :clap:

p.s DJKOR (Daryl) you drive like a controlled maniac (if there is such a thing),the best fun i've had in ages was chasing you thru them twisty hilly roads,i'm surprised how good these things handle it's the 1st real good run i've done in it and it didn't disappoint.And had Tats very slick Chaser behind me lookin so mean and menacing i was in automotive nirvana.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A KICKAZZ WEEKEND I HAD A BALL..

Yeh, Cheers Andy for organising a great day. Company is always a pleasure, as it is to see, and appreciate the cars. Was great to meet people, and I can't wait till the next one, or even next year. Might have to take the Pano up, to make sure it really is the Grandpa of the crew, heh

Excellent job to Andy,

woohoo... shame i am flying back to Queensland Tonight :(

But i took plenty of pics from the show n shine, but not so many of the cruise... i wasn't feeling too good :(

Its good now that i know who everyone is and putting usernames to faces etc.

And i can't wait till next year :D

Evo

was such a good weekend and now i am so sad it is over. :( It is also the first time i pushed "the boat" a bit too :-D lol I got the message guys...haha...apart from that many thanks to all those involved in organising that national meet and special thanks to Andy. :)

Hopefully we can do those type of cruises with the locals more often and I really enjoyed the company and rides of everyone. ^_^

was such a good weekend and now i am so sad it is over. :( It is also the first time i pushed "the boat" a bit too :-D lol I got the message guys...haha...apart from that many thanks to all those involved in organising that national meet and special thanks to Andy. :)

Hopefully we can do those type of cruises with the locals more often and I really enjoyed the company and rides of everyone. ^_^

+1 on more local get togethers,i think i've caught the cruise bug... :D

+1 again for me - I would love to come down from Bendigo a bit more often to get together with any members of the local crew, as long as you guys don't mind one Camry amongst the rest hehehe

Hey guys and girls.

I was the passenger in tofus car, and i gotta say you put on a great meet, i had a blast.

So much that im now after a sportivo :lol:

Thanks

Brendan

+1 again for me - I would love to come down from Bendigo a bit more often to get together with any members of the local crew, as long as you guys don't mind one Camry amongst the rest hehehe

oh dw melb people won't care what you turn up in, for the last 3 years m_luke and I have only been the other camrys!

You more than welcome Tash, just because its manual :P :P

There will be an Aurion in the group, there was only three Aurions on the cruise yesterday so one bigger cousin of the Camry is going to be there at least! ;)

+1 on the additional meets too! :D

Hey guys and girls.

I was the passenger in tofus car, and i gotta say you put on a great meet, i had a blast.

So much that im now after a sportivo :lol:

Thanks

Brendan

Looks like we've got him hook, line and sinker. I hear Guni's selling a Rolla cheap, only a couple of dents, they'll buff out too. :P

Nah glad to have you in the group Brendan, you made an excellent passenger for the day and I thank you for coming.

Safely got home about 2 hours ago after an incident free run back up the Hume :)

Thanks to everyone who came out, it's the members that make the difference at events like these! Nice to put some faces to names and check out some Melbourne cars (amongst others of course!). Of course the absolute biggest hugest most epic amount of thanks and respect goes to Andy for everything he did for this weekend. There's not many people that know how much effort goes into organising an event like this (I sure bloody don't hahaha) but he put it in and it definitely showed. Thanks again mate :D

If the Melbourne guys had a great time we'll look forward to seeing you ALL in Sydney next year then? ;)