[VIC] - Melbourne 5th Monthly Cruise - 26th Oct - Sunday - GOR Tour

Pleasure today lads and ladies and sorry I wasnt in my best form (and Jonny) but ahh we beer drank maybe abit too much the night before....

The meal at Apollo Bay was beautiful and so was the scenery. My camera shat itself not long after we left the Westgate Bridge so I couldnt get any random rolling shots.

Cheers

Luke

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aahhhh great day and i am now relaxed

Ive had the Triple S pack (**** shower shave) and am chillin on the couch......long day great weather great ppl....awesome cruise

some stats for ya........i filled up before i left and re filled up when got home.

505km Cruise

40.03L used

= 7.93 L/100

n674836618_1362252_707.jpg

n674836618_1362249_9897.jpg

n674836618_1362248_9640.jpg

n674836618_1362247_9393.jpg

n674836618_1362246_9139.jpg

n674836618_1362245_8867.jpg

n674836618_1362244_8619.jpg

Mate, quality photos as always. Absolutely love it!

Great work organising this Guni, was a very successful cruise!

It was nice putting faces to names, and to catch up with familiar faces.

Hope to see you all next round :)

That rolling pic of my car is the bomb Simon :D

Here's my contribution:

01cj8.jpg

02ff0.jpg

03mz6.jpg

04va3.jpg

05ic1.jpg

Thanks for the great day guys, will not drink the night before next time!

Was good catching up with and meeting everyone

My little excursion to the other side of the lines shows I have so much more to learn and a few more parts to buy

We took that back way past the tree tops on the way home, was a nice run, had a r32 golf mucking around with us trying to get in front, but we were all stuck behind this slow **** volvo or something

Kudos to Guni for planning it!

Will post up pics tonight.

Edited by bonbon

Ill be their 2mora!

Gunna be sweet!

First cruise without being a passenger or an L plater!

Woot Woot!

How did you like your first cruise without being a passenger or a L plater? I saw you took it a little easy, which is good. Like the way you've kept your car in shape too. Nice colour ;)

Btw, thanks guys for organising this cruise. Was fabulous and a great turn out.

Bowler, no spinning out round a corner like that in front of us next time eh? Glad we didn't run into the side of you for the other guys coming round the corner behind, heh. Very lucky, barely a scratch ;)

I too need more work on my car. The standard shocks are just that - shocking. Little bump round a corner and the bounce just sends my car hopping and sliding across the lane. Maybe I'll get rid of power steering some time too, LOL.

Cheers.

How did you like your first cruise without being a passenger or a L plater? I saw you took it a little easy, which is good. Like the way you've kept your car in shape too. Nice colour ;)

THanks man.

Yeah always keeping the car looking sexy. ;) Reg polishes and all.

Yeah na It was great.

Pushed it real hard some corners but by the end of it my tires felt a lil too slippy for my likings.

But yeah so i backed it off.

I also backed it off after I went sideways on the blind corner where BonBon went on the other side of the road.

Lol. I was a car behind him. Went around and saw and was like holy ***** e.

Cheers to the guy in the Aurion (soz forgot ya name) for braking behind me there cause a few more guys would have run up the a r s e of us if you didnt.

But na great fun.

Hopefully soon enough I will put on more stable tires.

I had gone around a really easy bend at 110 and took the out-in-out technique and i was coming out of the corner my car felt like it was sliding across the road. Not good.

But hey gotta love slotted discs.

Tyres and suspension take care of sliding and handling...but you have to compromise (especially if its a daily) between comfort and outright handling. Although having a look at OSO DVS' setup...and how he was coping with wet and bumps - going too firm is never a sure thing either...

Edited by Bowler

Bowler, no spinning out round a corner like that in front of us next time eh? Glad we didn't run into the side of you for the other guys coming round the corner behind, heh. Very lucky, barely a scratch ;)

Yeh, sorry about that mate...hehe maybe should have left myself a little more space...oh, and tried it on a flatter corner. All fixed now though

THanks man.

Yeah na It was great.

Pushed it real hard some corners but by the end of it my tires felt a lil too slippy for my likings.

I also backed it off after I went sideways on the blind corner where BonBon went on the other side of the road.

Cheers to the guy in the Aurion (soz forgot ya name) for braking behind me there cause a few more guys would have run up the a r s e of us if you didnt.

But na great fun.

I had gone around a really easy bend at 110 and took the out-in-out technique and i was coming out of the corner my car felt like it was sliding across the road. Not good.

You did really well on the cruise, obviously taking some cues from going on cruises with me in the supe.

Remember I rercommended that you at least put Bridgy RE92's back on. I had 2 sets of those on the Corona & they were excellent. Even if you come across a 2nd hand set with good tread, should be good.

THanks man.

Yeah na It was great.

But na great fun.

No worries man, I noticed the bend earlier and went slower, which was good and allowed me to slow down. I was afraid you were going to lose it at one stage but you had everything under control, good effort! Your car is clean, would have been shattered to see anything happen to it.

I am glad I have fairly new tyres, and that I know the limits of my car now. I slid around quite a bit on the last cruise, I know how much to push and to trust my TCS a bit more which didnt kick in once that day.

This is the 1st chance ive had to get on & post since sunday.

Enjoyed the cruise very much even though i did get stuck behind slow traffic on the road from lorne to apollo bay.

Thanks to all who participated & thanks to guni for doing such a great job organising it.

Loved the corolla with the 20 valve 4AGE.

My supe performed exceptionally well, as usual. Worked out my fuel consumption: 9L/100k & thats with pushing the car hard, even got up to ***kph a couple of times (wont say exactly here how much) .

Looking forward to another one.

Edited by HOTSUP

Dam window washers, hope you didn't pay him marcus :P

n1147068817301634659599hi2.jpg

I hate window washers too, i didnt even ask him to clean my car either.

You know that pic has convinced me that I should debadge the car on the weekend. It would look good with it debadged.

Dam window washers, hope you didn't pay him marcus :P

n1147068817301634659599hi2.jpg

I hate window washers too, i didnt even ask him to clean my car either.

You know that pic has convinced me that I should debadge the car on the weekend. It would look good with it debadged.

You should have run him down johno for marcus. Pest!!! :P