"YEEEAAAH GOT MY EXHAUST"

BONDIE

Well i finally picked an exhaust. Go them done at Pipewerx, and was very happy with their professionalism.

I wanted to get Varex. I got them in tried them on and it was just no good. They just couldnt do anything with the oval exhaust and the off-set of the tip and the cutout of the back bumper, but i do say the oval barell did tuck up very nicely. I put the 4 inch varex cannon barrel up to the back and it was just hanging down to much, and would have been too much of a eye-sore.

The only way i reckon someone could do it with the oval barrel, was to buy the universal varex, you get a oval barrel to tuck up. Then you would have to weld another bit of pipe onto that, and bend it around to match the bumper cut out, then weld the tip on the end. But the barrel would have to be way back towards the front of the car to alow the bend of the pipe. I reckon someone could do it but it would be alot of mucking around.

Anyways i went for two brock resonators on the back with chrome tips. He said the resonator would produce a deeper note than the sport mufflers. The guys there are really good, they didnt try and upsell me, they recomended the resonators that were actually cheaper than the sports mufflers that i was originally going to get. The chrome tips are fairly big, but the wall of the tips are very thick, steering it away from looking like a cannon.

All up they one are of the better exhaust places ive been to. Great workmanship, really friendly and helpful, with great prices. All up it cost me $350 driveaway. Brilliant as i had 1k to spend on exhaust. Left overs to go towards other mods.

The note of of it is exactly what i wanted. On start up its fairly quiet. Then when i put my foot down (under load)= it sounds great. Take my foot off to cruise on the highway = nice and quiet. Floor it again=it roars. Just what the doctor ordered, tough when i want it to be and quiet when im cruising. Sweet.

Shoutout and a big thanks to Rowan, Ash and Daryl for helping me out in this area, cheers boys.

Well................ now on to my next mission - the lip kit from singapore.

Edited by BONDIE

...and the sound clip is where??????

Looks nice buddy. Not used to seeing a sexy non-Sportivo! Lip kit should set it off nicely.

Can you take some shots from on the ground behind the car so we can see the mufflers & pipe work?

Another Pipewerx Aurion job! They must be wondering where all these Aurions are coming from. I'm sure it sounds awesome. I'm probably going to visit them again soon. I need to put some form of varex in (I know Ash has tried but didn't work) or use a cut-out. The drone of my exhaust is giving my wife a headache in the car.

As a side note, I am originally from Singapore and still have a lot of family there. If you need help with regards to the legitimacy of the lip kit supplier or something else I can help.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Those look sweet as from the rear. The tips are not too large that they seem over the top, and the double wall on them make it fit cleaner than a cannon setup. For your car, it really fits in cleanly and adds to the overall styling of your setup.

It's a shame that the oval Varex setup didn't work, because that means if I wanted the variable muffler setup, I would need to go the cannon method. I would absolutely hate having two cannons at the rear of my Aurion, so that extra knowledge is helpful.

From stock Exhaust...

Any huge difference if Resonator is removed?

Are you talking about the resonators i put on or the one more forward towards the car.

In the beginging when it had the standard exhaust on, the guy at pipewerx removed the rear mufflers off the back to see what sound it would make. He explained to me that sports mufflers would sound very similar to this sound with the mufflers off. Then he told me if i wanted a deeper note, to put the brock resonators on, different shaped barrel, straight through.

So i said do that, and took the misses shopping. Come back and it was finished. I can say it sounds deeper than when i heard it with the mufflers off. But that was with the car on the hoist and not under load. There is a huge diffence from now when i rev it in my shed and when i take off or give it some under load.

I did thought it would have been louder when he took the mufflers off on the hoist. I dont know how many cats and resonators are under there, but toyota have definately some work to keep these things quiet and keep emissions down.

That middle resonator, does that have any sensors attached to it. Just wondering if it would be beneficial to do something with that. Any thing that has sensors attached to it, im not going to even touch.

Ill post a sound clip soon, ive gotta do the misses thing today, shes going away.

...and the sound clip is where??????

Looks nice buddy. Not used to seeing a sexy non-Sportivo! Lip kit should set it off nicely.

Can you take some shots from on the ground behind the car so we can see the mufflers & pipe work?

Here are those pics you want APG39

Trd Aurion Owner, thanks for that. I'm waiting on one more email back from them. Then i might get to see if you can get your fam to check them out, to see if they are a reputable company.

Edited by BONDIE

Good choice man!!! Im glad ur happy with it!! ;)

i noticed u got the cylender ones like TRD Aurion Owner (ash's and mine are oval) do they sound pretty much the same?

nice choice in tips btw...same as mine :clap:

Thanks for the pics, that looks pretty tidy. I was wondering about them because there isn't a whole lot of universal mufflers that will suit...but I didnt know if these would stick out like drift cans or sit up there nicely. Now I know I might have a closer look at getting it after Xmas.

All that for $350 is a steal. Wish they were in Sydney.

Here is a video clip. But is done on my sh#tty camera and pics up heaps of surround sound distortion. My good camera has flat batteries. Ill post a better and clearer one this week. It sounds heaps beefier than this. But it will give ya some indication anyways.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hlD_bG4Sgkw

Edited by BONDIE

Taking out the middle resonator makes a fair difference mate, sound wise. Any legality issues, i dont know? Didnt really phase me.

Nice work man, looks tidy and sounds nice

Edited by spags

I'm talkin with the one on Standards..

Was talkin to my mate with his Bmw and how he's gonna install remus and stuff..

He asked me to go with him to his mechanic and also offered me to take my resonators for the time being till i decide what i'm gonna do with mine..

I personally have no clue in this department despite of reading quite lots of threads regarding exhaust...

As a result, I've decided. I want this certain kind of sound.. deep bass not so much noise and no loss of power or whatsoever...

So I'm gonna talk to this mechanic of my 'hard & complicated' need for my car..

Been lookin on youtube for sample of the sound, but not sure if it'll turn out exactly the same... hopefully better. :lol:

With ur exhaust...I bet it's hotter to hear and see it in person... Well Done man.. :clap:

From stock Exhaust...

Any huge difference if Resonator is removed?

Playing with the resonator is a bit iffy depending on the engine. In some cars, by removing the resonator and keeping hte stock exhaust, you may possibly introduce a raspy note to the exhaust that sounds cheap and ricey. Judging from how smooth the engine in the Aurion is however, I reckon you wouldn't get that issue. One problem with the resonator on the Aurion is that if you want to remove it, you will need to cut it out. It doesn't simply bolt on. If you were going to experiment by removing it, you should do what Darius did and get flanges put on so you can interchange between straight through and with the resonator.

Ah well...I went to this exhaust with a friend who's gonna do his but ended up didnt coz of somethin...

Short version, paid 100 bux to cut my resonator off [i know it's pricey, And I wont go back there] and the result wasn't that great either.. :( In fact...I could barely hear the differences... :huh:

Been on youtubes and hearing my friends [Not toyotas] and i pretty much decided on this one if it does exist. Do any of u guys know if there's a Remus made for Toyota..?

C'mon DJKOR...I know u can answer this one for me... :P :P :lol:

Edited by VF-X

Well the thing with the Remus Exhaust is that they are built specifically for each given application. At the moment, they don't have one for the Aurion, or even the 06+ Camry for that matter. Now you could go through the database of mufflers they do have and see if they have one that would fit well in the stock muffler area for the Aurion if you really wanted to. However, since each muffler is made for a specific car, they might not give the result that you were looking for when placed on another.

Your best bet would be to shoot off an email to Remus to ask if they have any plans for the Aurion.

Ah well...I went to this exhaust with a friend who's gonna do his but ended up didnt coz of somethin...

Short version, paid 100 bux to cut my resonator off [i know it's pricey, And I wont go back there] and the result wasn't that great either.. :( In fact...I could barely hear the differences... :huh:

Been on youtubes and hearing my friends [Not toyotas] and i pretty much decided on this one if it does exist. Do any of u guys know if there's a Remus made for Toyota..?

Do you have any other exhaust work done. When you cut it off, did you replace it with anything or just run a pipe straight through. Was there any diffence at all. I want to remove mine. But i dont know whether to remove it and have a straight pipe running through or put in another brock resonator, like the ones at the back of my beast.

I havent had a good look under there, but is there any cats close to that resonator, and if so, do they have any sensors attached to it. Trying to stay away from sensors. Not worth the hassel.

I havent had a good look under there, but is there any cats close to that resonator, and if so, do they have any sensors attached to it. Trying to stay away from sensors. Not worth the hassel.

The last of the sensors are at that awful merge point for the exhaust underneath the engine (see attached photo). Therefore, dropping the resonator should have no issue; even dropping the cat right next to it (second photo) should have no impact as well (impact of fines excluded). However, with that said though, I think I recall SecaBoy mentioning about his check engine light coming on after dropping everything after that cat. From past experiences, I think the whole emissions reduction system in the Aurion is pretty sensitive, and that may have been some odd occurrence. This car certainly is screaming for a new exhaust system though and I wonder who will be the first to get it all going.

dsc02997tq5.th.jpg dsc03003is9.th.jpg

Well the thing with the Remus Exhaust is that they are built specifically for each given application. At the moment, they don't have one for the Aurion, or even the 06+ Camry for that matter. Now you could go through the database of mufflers they do have and see if they have one that would fit well in the stock muffler area for the Aurion if you really wanted to. However, since each muffler is made for a specific car, they might not give the result that you were looking for when placed on another.

Your best bet would be to shoot off an email to Remus to ask if they have any plans for the Aurion.

Ok...I get what u sayin..

However,I'm no expert with this...So I'll prolly just ask simple and stupid questions.. Hopefully things turn out just how I want them to..

Remus has this unique deep bass sound without making 2 much noise... Is there anything out there similar to these and already available to Aurion?

I got a sound clip from utube...I'll post it up later...

Do you have any other exhaust work done. When you cut it off, did you replace it with anything or just run a pipe straight through. Was there any diffence at all. I want to remove mine. But i dont know whether to remove it and have a straight pipe running through or put in another brock resonator, like the ones at the back of my beast.

Nah...I was told to simply remove my resonator as my friend's past experience, the sound has drastic improvement from this change...

For Aurion, this idea practically doesnt work that well...Haha

I simply removed the resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe... And as i said before...No expert in this exhaust2 thing...Never played in this department b4, so no idea what's the sensor all about..Haha :lol: