ZRE HOT HATCH POTENTIAL + ZRE182..pg117

HOT CUONG! :clap: what size/offset and tyres?

Hey Pete's...LOL...they are KevO's old wheel tyre combo, Buddy club P1's 17x8 +35 and dunlop SP sport maxx i think it was off the top of my head

LOL blonde moment? :P No wonder they looked familiar.. :whistling: awesome how it's sitting!

John, how's your wheel search going? And secondly, when are you going to import a blade? :ph34r:

I'll wait till Dutchie gets his first :P

As for wheels :wacko: anyway I think i've narrowed it down, These but possibly paint centre in flat silver

tenz4.jpg

or this look

post-9535-0-17750200-1289626824_thumb.jppost-9535-0-11018900-1289626848_thumb.jp

sell my Rotas so then I will have no choice but to pick a style and get it :D

2aiegef.jpg

Last crappy phone picture before the wheels came off and sold to Cuong.

You don't realise how much you love something until you part with it haha.

I've lost the whole drive to modify the Corolla. I've got to prioritise!

Damn cuong! Kevos wheels really trump the ol' kappas! stance is hot as! sighhh.. wheels unfornately arent priority for me as yet, but next set will have to be 18" +35 i think.

Nice having zre mates to help each other with parts.

John is up to his 10th set of wheels i see. :lol: Im thinking something along those designs too john, Works 11Rs? one day...

John, how's your wheel search going? And secondly, when are you going to import a blade? :ph34r:

I'll wait till Dutchie gets his first :P

As for wheels :wacko: anyway I think i've narrowed it down, These but possibly paint centre in flat silver

tenz4.jpg

or this look

post-9535-0-17750200-1289626824_thumb.jppost-9535-0-11018900-1289626848_thumb.jp

sell my Rotas so then I will have no choice but to pick a style and get it :D

Two questions: So when you say you want to get rid of the rota's, are they the black rims with the silver *lip that you have now?

And, how much are those 3 that you've posted up?

Cheers bud!

Edited by Senna De Silva

I just did some research quickly, and I came across these wheels:

http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/rota-force-17x8-5x1143-et35-flat-black-with-red-lip-set-of-4-wheels_p1047174.htm

http://www.rotaaustralia.com.au/rota-force-17x8-5x1143-et35-white-set-of-4-wheels_p1047178.htm

I was just thinking will 17x8.5's fit on a 2010 ascent? also, which one: white or black w/redlip for a silver corolla?

Two questions: So when you say you want to get rid of the rota's, are they the black rims with the silver *lip that you have now?

And, how much are those 3 that you've posted up?

Cheers bud!

You beat me to it,was going to send you that Rota link,those two Rota G Force you put are what Shinobi has on his ZRE and look hot, I'm also considering them in 17x8 in silver... The last pic I put up are the Rota P1 and the top one is TenzoR with polish lip I can get for $1500 in 18" with Toyo Proxes4 or cheaper again with Kumho..

As for mine yes they have a lip but are Bronze centre, were black at first...

@ KevO: I have looked at the BBS LM but I know I will get sick of that quickly but Rota do top copy of that but so far i've only seen it in the UK.

Hahaha true hey, so you think the silver G Force would suit a silver corolla best?

I like those G Forces, they look classy... and I mean 8.5 wide means you get a hell of a lot of rubber on the road :D

Yep a flat silver or flat grey and really low will look awesome..G Force spokes slightly protrude from the rim edge which will look fatter again,the whole 8.5" width worries me a bit but have found a another copy of it in 18x8 but gunmetal only,these are more of a Advan RS copy than the Rotas.

It is a lot of rubber on the road but bear in mind that an excessive contact patch increases rolling resistance and tyre roar..

225/40/18 isn't that bad though.. Drove Dutchies car but felt no difference except for the amount of awesome that car has, so i'm leaning towards 18" now

Hahaha true hey, so you think the silver G Force would suit a silver corolla best?

I like those G Forces, they look classy... and I mean 8.5 wide means you get a hell of a lot of rubber on the road :D

Yep a flat silver or flat grey and really low will look awesome..G Force spokes slightly protrude from the rim edge which will look fatter again,the whole 8.5" width worries me a bit but have found a another copy of it in 18x8 but gunmetal only,these are more of a Advan RS copy than the Rotas.

It is a lot of rubber on the road but bear in mind that an excessive contact patch increases rolling resistance and tyre roar..

225/40/18 isn't that bad though.. Drove Dutchies car but felt no difference except for the amount of awesome that car has, so i'm leaning towards 18" now

I forgot about the rolling resistance... yeah I think I'll go for some 18/8s; nice low-as profile and a fair amount of dish :clap:

Reckon I'd need to have the guards rolled?

:o I just found these advans:

http://www.advanwheels.com.au/wheels/wheel.aspx?id=6

18/8's of the "dark gun" colour? Advans are expensive as though hey?

You might have scrubbing issues with 8.5 width. unless your offset is like +45. More phatter offset like +35 with 8.5width might be a problem. Just check to be sure before you invest in 2-3k rims/tyres combo.

I forgot about the rolling resistance... yeah I think I'll go for some 18/8s; nice low-as profile and a fair amount of dish :clap:

Most 18x8 42-48 0ffset which are FWD friendly even the Advans are +45 for Jap FWD..Those Advan RZ are similar but RS look nicer as the 10 spokes are even distance apart where as odd as it sounds the RZ are a twin five spoke.. And yes pricey, think of it as 17" = $700ish each 18" = $800 and so on. Dutchie has 8" with +38 and are fine..

Most 18x8 42-48 0ffset which are FWD friendly even the Advans are +45 for Jap FWD..Those Advan RZ are similar but RS look nicer as the 10 spokes are even distance apart where as odd as it sounds the RZ are a twin five spoke.. And yes pricey, think of it as 17" = $700ish each 18" = $800 and so on. Dutchie has 8" with +38 and are fine..

Really! $700 to 800? Wow for a set of four that's already like atleast 2100 if not more :blink:

I guess I'll have to keep looking hey, so what were the advan rs copy that you'd found?

Kind of cheap but not cheap for light weight Jap rims,I've looked at Weds wheels and are $2800 shipped..But i do like them.

Anyway this is the best pic I could find,like most things they look hotter in the flesh..

post-9535-0-87034700-1289730585_thumb.jp

Kind of cheap but not cheap for light weight Jap rims,I've looked at Weds wheels and are $2800 shipped..But i do like them.

Anyway this is the best pic I could find,like most things they look hotter in the flesh..

post-9535-0-87034700-1289730585_thumb.jp

+1

Cant wait for the day i give the chrome lip style rim look the flick

Hawt daym! I like those Katana's hey!

Yeah that chrome lip was nice and all but it's not really a thing to suit the corollas I don't think; TT or 350z, GTR(s) and what-not look sweet with it, but not so much the rolla.

That being said, johnnieboi your car does look awfully nice with the lip bud :D

How much can we get them katana's for here?

Yeah that chrome lip was nice and all but it's not really a thing to suit the corollas I don't think; TT or 350z, GTR(s) and what-not look sweet with it, but not so much the rolla.

the website doesnt actually say the price but u could pm them and see maybe john's already on to that :P

http://www.katanawheels.com/FrontPage_Katana.htm

the website doesnt actually say the price but u could pm them and see maybe john's already on to that :P

http://www.katanawheels.com/FrontPage_Katana.htm

I did another quick search and it came up with this american site:

http://www.carid.com/katana-wheels/

Really quite cheap considering the strong aussie dollar :D

I had a look at their other wheels... nothing was really as good as the Katanas though; I don't mind the GT10 and a few of the others too, but the RC10 would be most suited to a Corolla IMO B)

**Also it'd be about $750 all up where the wheels are like 550 and the transport to my house would be 210 or so :P

I think that's pretty cheap hey?! It'd probably be more expensive trying to source it here I think... with all the extra costs involved...

Edited by Senna De Silva