moonroof

Sera30

Just reading another thread and noticed alot of you guys feel like i do "p***ed off :angry: with myself for not getting a moonroof when i ordered the car"

i did a bit of investigating awhile ago on adding one on. Like i said it was awhile ago and i cant remember the price and the name of the supplier. I think it was roughly $2500 and the supplier was at Kirrawee (sydney)

has anyone else thinking about it or has added one? :huh:

Just reading another thread and noticed alot of you guys feel like i do "p***ed off :angry: with myself for not getting a moonroof when i ordered the car"

i did a bit of investigating awhile ago on adding one on. Like i said it was awhile ago and i cant remember the price and the name of the supplier. I think it was roughly $2500 and the supplier was at Kirrawee (sydney)

has anyone else thinking about it or has added one? :huh:

I think they are great i have a sunroof in my corolla sedan put in paid $2000 at the beginning of the year use it all the time

I personally wouldn't go aftermarket sunroof/moonroof. only ever factory, unless its the same process of installation?

for factory sunrooves do they cut the roof or do they have a specially made roof with a hole?

i dunno.

I personally wouldn't go aftermarket sunroof/moonroof. only ever factory, unless its the same process of installation?

for factory sunrooves do they cut the roof or do they have a specially made roof with a hole?

i dunno.

I was talking with a few guys at work about this subject and someone said that for the factory ones they were specially made roofs with a hole. Thats the only reason stopping me from getting one .the idea of someone cutting my roof.

My first car was a mazda 323 and i added a sunroof on that but after a year and a half the roof started to rust :angry: . They pulled it apart and noticed someone had forgotten to place the rubber seal around the inside. So the pulled it out cut a bigger hole and replaced it with a larger sunroof :blink:

the moonroof was one of the deciding factors in buying my Corolla, second hand.. convertibles are over top for me (pun intended)

as for the company that fits them, i went to 'City Sunroof @ Milperra this week, they say to install the Webasto Hollandia 700 (top of the range model) it costs somewhere between $2000-$2500, IMO is much better than the factory moonroof option similar to that found on Mercs and Beemers... which im lead to believe become faulty over time :(

but yeah, reason for my visit was for them to inspect my sunroof because it was playing up but to also ensure that its good to go come summer time.. all sweet on that front :toast:

i dunno.

with factory moonroof im pretty sure they still do cut it (with a machine) but the thing is the metal is also folded back into the car as well so as i was told by mates cousin who works inside toyota plant, as i think aftermarket all they do is just cut your layer out which I would think is abit meh since its not probably really accurate as factory maybe thats the only difference and why some people have water leaks just saying what i think.

theres a user on the forums, vvti16v, who has the factory sunroof on his Corolla and he recently suffered from water leaks.. not too sure about specially made rooftops from factory either, but at the end of the day tho, its how the car is well maintained that will ensure its longevity.. everything will eventually break, just depends on how long it takes to reach that point :unsure:

I don't think Toyota cuts the rooftop off when they make the car structure.

Like Spooner said the frame is actually pressed by press machine.

I woulndn't go for the aftermarket sunroof because I've seen some cases that leaking, cutting the rooftop with wrong measurement, rattles and squeaks.

rattle and squeaks are common from the factory one as well but the chance of of getting them is much lower than the aftermarket installation.

Also, in case of break down, it's kinda hassle to replace or fix the aftermarket one.

Plus the cost is way too much.

I rather look for body kits or any other performance tunes with that money.

Well...I always wish if I had the moonroof tho.

I don't think Toyota cuts the rooftop off when they make the car structure.

Like Spooner said the frame is actually pressed by press machine.

I woulndn't go for the aftermarket sunroof because I've seen some cases that leaking, cutting the rooftop with wrong measurement, rattles and squeaks.

rattle and squeaks are common from the factory one as well but the chance of of getting them is much lower than the aftermarket installation.

Also, in case of break down, it's kinda hassle to replace or fix the aftermarket one.

+1 totally agree~

Kicking myself for not getting one in my Touring...

However, from what I was told by the dealer - the only one that has it *truly* factory fitted is the Presara, while the rest are aftermarket models that look almost identical to the factory one. Not sure about the fitting quality, but $2000 - $2500 is about right for them to be added.

^ Its just something cool to have?. It doesn't have to serve a good purpose. Its just nice to have the option to turn your windows and sunroof down and just enjoy a nice weather. I usually just use my sunroof and keep my windows up.

Can anyone here tell me if the sunroof system in your aurion is Automatic or not?. I mean tilt it up or down by just pushing the button once *Not holding*.

moonroof kicks *****.

Changes the whole vibe inside the car, not to mention is looks sexy.

dont say that nele lol

im p***ed off with myself as it is :angry:

I would really have loved to get the moonroof option. Had I bought my car new or had a little less restriction in my choice, then I definitely would have one on mine. I guess I gotta live with what I have. I'm not complaining though. I drive an Aurion... period.

I wouldn't feel too bad. I have one in my Presara and now hardly use it. Its usually too hot to have it wide open and too noisy to have it tilt open. I think the novelty wears off after a couple of months and to be honest, having had one, i could just as easily live without it.