Yet Another Newbie ;)

Paz

Hey there guys and girls, i've been in a few car clubs and been on plenty of cruises and stuff like that so I love the car club atmosphere. Anyways I just picked up a light blue 86 model celica today.... hope it runs smoothly for at least a while hehe. Anyways i thought i'd say heya....

By the way, i'm Paz ;) or Pascal if u so choose... :) Hope I can meet some of you guys on a cruise.... I live in Sydney ;)

B)

Edited by Paz

hey pascal.

i too have a light blue 86' celica.

if urs is anything like mine it should run smoothly for ages. just make sure u change the oil for fully synthetic oil and maintain the basics of the engine. i've had mine for over a year now and not a single problem.

hope u have fun with ur celica.

Michael7

bad new guys, car is a fvken lemon....... (so far)

since i've had it (4 days)

- power steering is leaking like a bitch, makes awesul noise when its empty

- now the car won't start for some miraculous reason

- one of the radiator pipes decided to burst when i was 50kms from my house

you have no idea of level of frustration i am at right now, i'm tempted to go and dump it in the guys yard who i bought it off and set it on fire......

so far the only thing that works well is umm....welll.... it still goes like a rocket........when it starts....

laters

btw warrior your car is sweet man, dunno bout the wing tho.....

Edited by Paz

So it's got a few teething troubles... :(

Bear in mind it's a used car and most ( if not all ) used cars have their faults. Don't give up on it straight away mate. It sounds like the engine is a fit one ( when it starts ).

I love the Gen 4 Celica's.....by far the best looking one.

Get the problems sorted out, shout up on here if you get stuck or need advice, then get out there and play !

Rich

Hey Paz ...I guess we are both new here.

although I have had my car for quite some time  ;)

Im Karl

yea its always nice to show off the car u just bought, give a sense of satisfaction.

**** those are nice wheels!

Edited by shaohaok

thanx for the support guys....

heres my cizzar....

front7nn.th.jpg

side9ee.th.jpg

back2by.th.jpg

meandcar3xv.th.jpg

yeh its in the mechanic atm, i'm thinkin new fuel pump will be the go.... and hopefully pwr steering isn't too expensive to fix (i'm hoping its just a leaky pipe). Compared to my old 84 turbo exa, the celica drives a lot smoother and i love the linear power delivery...... And it looks a hell of a lot better too...... i haven't lost faith yet but its ust bad timing for all these problems i guess..... I would be keen for a cruise in syd sometime soon.....

i hate my wheels that came which are 14 inch toyota 3 spokers, anyone wanna swap for the stock polished alloy ones like in this pic?

these ones.....

celica_1987.jpg

let me know... i live in glebe sydney

laterz...

• 2 weeks later...