Old timer corolla: KE70

Hello everybody,

Hope you don't mind but thought I'd post up a couple of pics from the 1982 UK sales Corolla Brochure to show what was offered to us 'Limey's ' 20+ years ago :D .

KE70.jpg

corollasr.jpg

I really like the SR Coupe, tragically they've virtually all rusted away in our climate :D :D

Same here the red ones the same as my T18 (blue). Bought it new - did he say these adds are 20 years old. Shzzt I'm getting old. Cool car in its day but handling was soft and motor was underpowered for all that weight (even had steel mags).

Maxed out the personal loan and credit card to get it because the lady I was going out with didn't like the Gemini (go RTS).

She still didn't come across in the T18 and broke up soon after but it's been a long love affair with the Toyota's ever since - last 5 cars in fact.

yeah i had the 1984 KE70 HIcam 1300cc.

only 4 speed but imanaged to mod it.

had sports exhuast, custom headers and high grade manifold machining and customn gasket as the original manifold linkage used to warp under heat sports coil and leads K&N fliter and mechanical secondarys on the 2 throtlte carbie

it went fast compared to a stock one but thta is all

long live corolla

i later sold it for 1000$

Hello everybody,

Hope you don't mind but thought I'd post up a couple of pics from the 1982 UK sales Corolla Brochure to show what was offered to us 'Limey's ' 20+ years ago  :D .

I really like the SR Coupe, tragically they've virtually all rusted away in our climate  :D  :D

Hey Twincam - thanks for the nostalgia

I think I mentioned on one of the other threads that we didn't get the 2-doors here and seeing that brown 2-door at the top makes me think it would have been fun at the time

afyfe Posted Today, 11:11 AM

Hey Twincam - thanks for the nostalgia

I think I mentioned on one of the other threads that we didn't get the 2-doors here

Oops, Yes you did mention about not getting two doors.

I have another brochure i'll post soon on the 'AE86' Coupe from the 80's, which was only ever a 2 door and is very popular even today (despite it approching 20 years old) in Japan, Europe and America

I've always had a soft spot for the 86, always used to look out at Bathurst for the sole 86 levin/sprinter that would ever reliably complete lap after lap and end up first in its class whilst the mega dollar v8 teams would blow up half way in.

They've become very popular here over the last 2 years and it's not strange to see one in mint condition but highly modded!

They just go faster with age! :rolleyes:

Edited by IZZ-FE

• 1 month later...