My New Prado

ADSPRADO

Just thought I would intorduce myself.

We just bought a 2008 Prado, I have owned many many Fords over the years and my family has/is growing too fast. I will load some pics......

First impressions, good car, well built. I was initially looking second hand, then ended up buying a demo. What really impresses me is the second hand cars, between 50 and 80k drove like new ones. I'm looking forward to owning this one for years to come.

P1010962.jpg

P1010954.jpg

P1010958.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We just bought a 2008 Prado, I have owned many many Fords over the years and my family has/is growing too fast. I will load some pics......

First impressions, good car, well built. I was initially looking second hand, then ended up buying a demo. What really impresses me is the second hand cars, between 50 and 80k drove like new ones. I'm looking forward to owning this one for years to come.

I bought my second hand 2003, and it looks same.

NAV unit is same, theonly difference i see from the photos I have no radio-related buttons on the wheel.

ps mine is grande

diesel or petty

There's plenty of ways to tell in the OP's photos, tacho reads up to 7K and there's no idle-up button, no D4D badges and 4000 V6 decals at the back, I'll let you answer your own question...

• 1 month later...

NAV unit is same, theonly difference i see from the photos I have no radio-related buttons on the wheel.

ps mine is grande

The only upgrade I know of was late 2007 with the radio buttons and new have a reverse camera. Oh, and no woodgrain!

• 2 weeks later...

ps mine is grande

The only upgrade I know of was late 2007 with the radio buttons and new have a reverse camera. Oh, and no woodgrain!

And I forgot, also has the 5spd auto.

Does anybody know when the auto was upgraded from the 4spd? Sam eas the other things in late 2007?

P1010962.jpg

P1010954.jpg

P1010958.jpg

hi adsprado

i've got an 03 prado grande (petrol) which i bought 2 years ago. excellent car smothest ride especially with the different ride controls on the console. a little thirstyon fuel. done nearly 130k and still drives just as good as a brand new one hope your enjoying yours

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just became a Prado owner. The model is top end 2.7 ltrs 2009 year model TRJ120.

I am not happy with the audio system which is company fitted. I want to change the same.

I want to know few things before i can do that

I want to have the following to be a part of the system

1. 1....GPS Sat nav system
  2. 2....bluetooth kit with facility to download the phonebook on the system and also dial the phone from the system.
  3. ( I think Pioneer has come up with such system )
  4. 3....MP3 / DVD / DVIX / WMA in short play all the stuff.
  5. 4....Reverse parking camera adaptability

Can any one help me in advising the details of the system available and also I want to know if I change the audio system will it effect the warranty

Kindly help.........

diesel or petty

Its a petrol. We do around 8-10k per year thought it would be more suitable.

If you are doing 8 to 10 k per year then make sure you service your vehicle very regular. Why you ask? If something goes wrong then TMCA will find a fault and refuse to fix it. Trust me I know. My engine blew up at 58,000klm's. I really stress this point out!!!! My issue continued for 3 months with TMC (JAPAN and TMCA AUST and all they persisted with is servicing. They believed that my vehicle at 58,000 klms required 14 services to be classified as on schedule. I know it sound unbelievable but its true. I finally achieved to get 50% off parts contributed to repairing the car but I refused the offer.

Your car looks great!!! Color and all.Good Luck!!

Regards,

Maba

• 3 weeks later...
hi adsprado

i've got an 03 prado grande (petrol) which i bought 2 years ago. excellent car smothest ride especially with the different ride controls on the console. a little thirstyon fuel. done nearly 130k and still drives just as good as a brand new one hope your enjoying yours

THanks mate. They are very good. We have been quite happy with consumption, actually its a little less than our last AWD 6spd auto Territory. We get around 14l/100km and thats all city driving. BTWm we have the 5spd auto.

If you are doing 8 to 10 k per year then make sure you service your vehicle very regular. Why you ask? If something goes wrong then TMCA will find a fault and refuse to fix it. Trust me I know. My engine blew up at 58,000klm's. I really stress this point out!!!! My issue continued for 3 months with TMC (JAPAN and TMCA AUST and all they persisted with is servicing. They believed that my vehicle at 58,000 klms required 14 services to be classified as on schedule. I know it sound unbelievable but its true. I finally achieved to get 50% off parts contributed to repairing the car but I refused the offer.

Your car looks great!!! Color and all.Good Luck!!

Regards,

Maba

Thanks for the advice Maba. When we bought this in November 2008 Toyota where offering extended warranty deals. But as usual, there where terms and conditions.

1/ Must be serviced every 6 months regardless of kilometres.

2/ Must be serviced at dealer where vehicle was purchased

3/ Fixed price servicing $180 for all standard log book service.

If we maintain this, we get a six year unlimited kilometre warranty.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I just became a Prado owner. The model is top end 2.7 ltrs 2009 year model TRJ120.

I am not happy with the audio system which is company fitted. I want to change the same.

I want to know few things before i can do that

I want to have the following to be a part of the system

1. 1....GPS Sat nav system
  2. 2....bluetooth kit with facility to download the phonebook on the system and also dial the phone from the system.
  3. ( I think Pioneer has come up with such system )
  4. 3....MP3 / DVD / DVIX / WMA in short play all the stuff.
  5. 4....Reverse parking camera adaptability

Can any one help me in advising the details of the system available and also I want to know if I change the audio system will it effect the warranty

Kindly help.........

I just put 1 of these in mine !!! Pretty much meets your requirements

http://www.eonon.com/cate.html?txtKey=prado&button=