small supercharger, any good ?

anferne

Oh dear. I did not just see that. About the only gain you are going to get from one of those is the sound of a leaf blower under you bonnet. Wouldn't be surprised if you lost power along the way.

now this really does bring new meaning to the term "strapping on a hair dyer"

andy since u have the tuning equipment all set to go i recommend grabbing one of these and also get some whipped cream cans & rip out the nitrogen capsules and walla u will be boosting in no time ;)

andy since u have the tuning equipment all set to go i recommend grabbing one of these and also get some whipped cream cans & rip out the nitrogen capsules and walla u will be boosting in no time ;)

lol... performance on a budget... :lol:

heheh yeah thats it mate.....

I'm currently tuning my power crystals one step at a time mate...

Just TRY IT!!!!

I want to see a 2zz explodeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Well actually, it probably will explode...

... From when the engine creates a higher vacuum that exceeds the push of the blower, and then the cheap plastic blades and motor assembly all break under the force and work their way up through the intake.

Don't be cheap. Everyone knows that leaf blowers are where the real power is!

Civic powaarr

That has to make you wonder what a high quality electric superhcarger could actually do. There is a guy who has a roots supercharger with 3 electric powered motors on it, but you need to do massive electrical mods to your car, and weigh it down with huge batteries to sustain the power it demands. And that's what it comes too, there's no such thing as a free ride. The electric supercharger that makes you more power needs to be fead power of some kind too. A leaf blower has it's own motor, etc...

Gav.

Based on this thread, and the fact that some leaf blower motors are capable of pushing more air into the intake than required by the engine, the concept of leaf blower supercharging is plausible.

But, you would have to rig a tachometer and some sort of voltage regulator to let you control the speed of the leaf blower. You don't want 9000rpm worth of air being pushed into the engine when it's idle.

It would have the bonus of running independently of the engine, minus the added weight.

But do you really want your mum's fully sik leafblower staring people in the face when they pop your hood?

That has to make you wonder what a high quality electric superhcarger could actually do. There is a guy who has a roots supercharger with 3 electric powered motors on it, but you need to do massive electrical mods to your car, and weigh it down with huge batteries to sustain the power it demands.

Yeah, I remember reading about that a while ago. Now that is a true electric supercharger. Fact of the matter though was that it used three starter motors. As most would know, they drain A LOT of power. Not only do you have extra weight of the batteries in the back, but you need to give the system time to replenish. A good project I must say, but not very efficient.

Here it is by the way:

Thomas Knight Turbo Electric Supercharger - Tech Review - Turbo Magazine

0406turknight02zxp8.jpg

That has to make you wonder what a high quality electric superhcarger could actually do. There is a guy who has a roots supercharger with 3 electric powered motors on it, but you need to do massive electrical mods to your car, and weigh it down with huge batteries to sustain the power it demands.

Yeah, I remember reading about that a while ago. Now that is a true electric supercharger. Fact of the matter though was that it used three starter motors. As most would know, they drain A LOT of power. Not only do you have extra weight of the batteries in the back, but you need to give the system time to replenish. A good project I must say, but not very efficient.

Here it is by the way:

Thomas Knight Turbo Electric Supercharger - Tech Review - Turbo Magazine

if ur gonna buy anything from thomas knight i highly recommend his Belt driven turbo's ;) ;) ;)

intro.jpg

im sure people dont remember kebab performance project #2 ...... BDT in a 1zz ;) ;) ;)

100320070.jpg

100320071.jpg

100320072.jpg

100320073.jpg

100320074.jpg

100320075.jpg

Belt-driven turbocharger is a furphy, because turbocharger itself is a contraction of turbine-powered supercharger. It's actually a centrifugal supercharger.