Kenneth's Vitz

Kenneth.

Thanks guys!

.. and it is now on the car,

DSC03874_800x450.jpg

Ruimond: I believe this is their newest revision of the BTR86Z adjustable RSB. They packed it when I said I'd come to pick it up. It is the 22mm one.

Another mod should be arriving shortly (next day or two).. :P

Edited by Kenneth.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh cool....now that you installed it..it looks the same as the site photo. Just thought the hanger things were different, but their the same. Its lucky you don't have DF210's or TEINs or it might be getting close to the ground :P lol.

Does it feel much better around the corners or is it not noticeable?

I currently have the bar on the softer setting. But even with the softer setting, I feel the car is more planted around corners. The rear end is definitely a tad stiffer, and I find that the car is more willing to turn.

Its probably the ugliest rear sway bar out there, but it does what it's supposed.

Edited by Kenneth.

Hehe nice choice on the AFE intake.....i have one too, actually i haven't cleaned mine since i got it. Still looks fairly clean. How much was the spare Dry pod? Im assuming that's the dry version too.

Edited by ruimond

Thanks guys! I definitely feel a difference in my lower-mid range, and an awesome deep throaty sound from 4k onwards.

I actually got a CEL after the install.. because I got so excited and forgot to connect the MAF sensor connector back on, LOL. But that's all taken care of now.. no more CEL, just some addictive induction noise. :P

Ruimond: Yeah you're right, the spare filter is also a ProDry-S. It was $25USD. Did you reuse the hose from the engine to the intake or did you use the new provided 5/8" hose? And also, how did you mount that thing with the blue plug? Mine's just sitting snug under a few clamps atm.

GTL05T: It's a dual pod setup.. haha jk. One's a spare.. so I can switch it out and wash the dirty one - zero down time ftw!

Ruimond: Yeah you're right, the spare filter is also a ProDry-S. It was $25USD. Did you reuse the hose from the engine to the intake or did you use the new provided 5/8" hose? And also, how did you mount that thing with the blue plug? Mine's just sitting snug under a few clamps atm.

Cool, that's not bad. Ummmmm yeah pretty sure the hose was just re-used, but i can't really remember now. The blue plug seems to be zip tie'ed onto one of the other tubes. Here's a pic of mine if you wanna compare. Haha.

post-5785-1260493724_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday the car turned 1, so I took it out on a photo shoot with my mate's CBR250RR. I'm still learning to use the DSLR..

IMG_0899_TGS_800x533.jpg

1 year worth of mods.

ENGINE

aFe Stage 2 CAI

SUSPENSION & HANDLING

Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

Whiteline Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

INTERIOR

Johnson Tint Film - 35%

MTEC SMD LED for Map Lights

Skunk2 Weighted Shift Knob

SMD LED for Dome Light

Toyota Light Stalk w/ Fog Switch

Toyota Rear Spoiler

EXTERIOR

ABD Retrofit Aero Wipers

ESUSE Fog Light Kit

Kaixen 4300K Bi-Xenon HID

MTEC SMD LED for Parkers & License Plate

Personalised Plates - KEN33F

OSRAM Diadem Indicators

Toyota JDM 'Netz' Badge

Toyota JDM 'Vitz' Badge

Toyota JDM 'RS' Badge

Toyota JDM Short Antenna

WHEELS/TYRES

Work Emotion CR KAI 16x7 +44 - MGM

Work RS Wheel Nuts - Blue

Toyo Proxes T1-R (195/50R16)

Overall, I'm really happy with the results thus far. It's so much fun to drive and throw around. Looking forward to adding on a few more things in 2010 to improve it further!

and last but not least, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

- Kenneth

Edited by Kenneth.

Haha you take pretty nice photos Kenneth, that and your post-processing skills are queit good!. Im not as good as post-processing :( Maybe you should teach me! hahah.

Also your car is coming along nicely! Looks nice as usual.