Running cable from engine bay to cabin?

I need to run both a single cable from the battery area to below the dash (on the RH side, im RHD remember:) as well as getting the nylon nitrous supply pipe thru from the battery area to the cabin on the LEFT side (that is, right as you look at the engine bay).

Whilst I understand you tend to not use nitrous in au I would imagine at least a few of you have installed amplifiers and ran a cable from the battery?

Could you possibly post a picture or describe where to run the cable/pipe and also where under the dash they will come out?

I am going to have a proper look on tuesday or wednesday when I have a full day I can install the nitrous kit...

roll on 200whp :D

I know the passenger (LHS) foot well has a grommet for the air conditioner condensation tube. Don't have any pictures, so I'll try my best to explain.

Remove the floor mat, then at the front there will be a plastic nut, take that off. Then pull the carpet back and you'll be able to just see where the black rubber hose goes. I run my stuff to the engine bay from there but I don't have all that much to fit there. Not sure if the drivers side foot well has a similar thing of not.

I installed a stereo in a Sportivo a few weeks ago and ran the wiring through the spare grommet hole next to the main wiring harness on the LHS...

Had enough room in that one to fit a 4 guage wire with ease...

This wire will come into the cabin up under the dash between the heater box and the firewall...

Not too sure if there is a spare grommet on the RHS, you would have to inspect the firewall and have a look around...

cheers for the pointers, i'll take a look at some point this week.

i'm in no rush to install the kit, heck, i'm still getting used to lift :D

I know there are two big rubber grommets on the RHS of the engine bay (behind airbox area) that could probably be most appropriate but I havent actually found out where they go just yet!

Oh and if 4ga wire will fit my 12ga should go no problem! even the nitrous line is only about the size of 6/8ga :)

cheers for the pointers, i'll take a look at some point this week.

i'm in no rush to install the kit, heck, i'm still getting used to lift :D

I know there are two big rubber grommets on the RHS of the engine bay (behind airbox area) that could probably be most appropriate but I havent actually found out where they go just yet!

Oh and if 4ga wire will fit my 12ga should go no problem! even the nitrous line is only about the size of 6/8ga :)

Most importantly tho my insurance company will cover the use as long as I have a fire extinguisher in the car... no idea why since nitrous isn't flammable... lol

Edited by MyRomeo

Most importantly tho my insurance company will cover the use as long as I have a fire extinguisher in the car... no idea why since nitrous isn't flammable... lol

That's pretty good of your insurance company. Though, I'd hope you get a decent fire extinguisher. A good safety feature would be a fast way to disconnect the nitrous. That's the last thing you will want in there if your car catches fire.

yeah the insurance company i'm with are very friendly when it comes to performance enhancing mods, in some cases they wont insure you unless you are modified ENOUGH!

can't quite understand why they want me to carry an extinguisher tho, as i say, nitrous on its own is not flammable, it can only introduce more oxygen to a fire started by something else.

I've got all the parts ready and have taken advice from the system manufacturer so I know what I need to do to ensure the best possible install, just need the time now which will be thursday this week as I am working from home all day. Should be 'interesting' to say the least ;)

Starting with a small 25hp boost to test everything is working as it should be then I can up this to 50hp, maybe eventually get a progressive controller and reach a 125hp gain :o