???Just a QUESTION!!!??

markie31

it would be nice as toyota is caning trd

toyota needs a sports/go fast car

mazda has 1 ford has 1 holden has1 renea has 1 even i could go but f... me toyota do something

Details are sketchy. The only thing that is known is that Toyota was planning to collaborate with Subaru to produce something sporty for release in 2010 or 2011. No names as yet.

I think there's an old thread about it in the general section.

yea i just read an article about it..

toyota and subaru together, the turbo is coming from subaru "latest STI"

but toyota should make this happen since they ain't going to make TRD anymore or some crap..

and yea they making a supra aswell not sure if they actually making it..

still want to find out if they're actually reviving GT4 that would be hella sick...

p-eac3

I thought toyota did revive the GT4 didnt they just put a wagon shape over it and called it the Calinda?

Caldinas have been around for 17 years, they're based off the front-wheel drive Corona T chassis (which the ST16x-20x Celicas were as well). So it's no surprise that Caldinas can run GT4 hardware. It's not like the last GT4 rolled out the door in 1999 and the Caldina sprang into action overnight, there was a 7 year overlap where they both ran on the same platform. It's like saying that a Commodore wagon with a V8 is the replacement for the Monaro.

Of course its like saying the VY SS Wagon replaced the Monaro there both on the same chassis just like the calinda and celica are.

But you were saying that the GT4 was "revived" (implying that it had died/ended) by the introduction of a GT4 Caldina. There were GT4 Caldinas around whilst there were still GT4 Celicas, thus they didn't "revive" it, just the Celica variant was discontinued whilst the Caldina wasn't.

I would be very suprised if Toyota bring the '86 replacement' here.

The Supra/Celica/MR-2 replacement got canned a few years back didn't it for the IS-F?

IS-F is to push Lexus's image from grandpa car to hotrod dad car.

And yet, even they don't have anymore plan for F series, other than the LF-A. Still, the LF-A have the looks of a proper supercar and if they did put in the very same V10 they use in Nurburgring under that long bonnet it sure is a Super Lexus. However, I read they will put in V8 instead. It must be the very same V8 found in the IS-F but perhaps with more aggressive tune.

So I think Toyota is still reluctant to bring back its sports image, maybe they will after they become successful in F1.

And sales aren't doing well either.

So I think Toyota is still reluctant to bring back its sports image, maybe they will after they become successful in F1.

I think Toyota's F1 strategy is to wait for more teams to drop out due to financial pressure - then they'll have a chance at winning something :lol:

I think it's still quite a long way until they can domintate F1 world title.

It's sad to see Honda left the F1 championship, they have strong history and was once dominating the championship, with Senna on board. Since then, I wonder what happened to them.

Japanese manufacturers are capable of winning races, but somehow they seems to unable to top the Europeans. We saw this in WRC also, where are the mighty Mitsubishi and Subaru? And Toyota? And now the Paris Dakar seems to be the case also with Mitsubishi Pajero having tough time winning.

I was watching Jeremy Clarkson's documentary about Japanese car manufacturer who used to dominate the world with their reliability and powerful efficient engine. Back then European cars just can't keep up, but throughout the years the European manufacturer learn their lessons from the Japanese; while the Japanese manufacturers seems to be stagnant. I find that to be true.

But now Nissan is making a big comeback, so does Mazda. Toyota seems to be more comfortable in civilian car market. Honda as always, the Alfa Romeo of Japan in terms of passions for performance, produce high spirited engine but needs more breakthrough. Mitsubishi is crawling up, and so is Subaru.

So, if any of you really keen to see GT-4 comeback, spam Toyota with e-mails and commitment to buy ;)

It's sad to see Honda left the F1 championship, they have strong history and was once dominating the championship, with Senna on board. Since then, I wonder what happened to them.

Japanese manufacturers are capable of winning races, but somehow they seems to unable to top the Europeans. We saw this in WRC also, where are the mighty Mitsubishi and Subaru? And Toyota? And now the Paris Dakar seems to be the case also with Mitsubishi Pajero having tough time winning.

I was watching Jeremy Clarkson's documentary about Japanese car manufacturer who used to dominate the world with their reliability and powerful efficient engine. Back then European cars just can't keep up, but throughout the years the European manufacturer learn their lessons from the Japanese; while the Japanese manufacturers seems to be stagnant. I find that to be true.

But now Nissan is making a big comeback, so does Mazda. Toyota seems to be more comfortable in civilian car market. Honda as always, the Alfa Romeo of Japan in terms of passions for performance, produce high spirited engine but needs more breakthrough. Mitsubishi is crawling up, and so is Subaru.

So, if any of you really keen to see GT-4 comeback, spam Toyota with e-mails and commitment to buy ;)

I doubt Toyota will go out on a limb with the world economy how it is. As soon as the economy gets better and people become passionate about motorsport again, then I can see Japanese manufacturers starting to stage a decent comeback on the performance field.

Honda as a manufacturer hadn't been around since the '60s before they started the BAR partnership. In the 80s they were only the engine supplier for Williams, McLaren, Lotus etc.