Hard to head check with sportivo

Hi everyone, iv been driving for 8 years now, and the only car i have trouble head checking is this corolla stivo.

Im finding it very hard to left head check because there is this fat creamy plastic thingy between the rear windows and left hand side window. Almost got a car accident quite a few times now, such a blind spot.

Iv driven so many other cars and i dont even have that problem. The most easiest car to head check is the marage haha.

If anyone have that problem just say so, i hope im not the only one. SORRY FOR PUTTING UP A STUPIT QUESTION HAHA!!

Hi Tam,

One thing you can do is turn your door mirrors out more so they actually face away from your car. When I learned to drive, the driving instructors always taught me to see the rear quarter panel in the mirror, but I have found this in practice to be stupid, as cars generally don't drive an inch off the side of me... I currently have the mirrors set so that I can see a car leave my rear view mirror and pop up into my door mirror and then into my immediate field of view. This doesn't mean I don't my head to look, as a motor bike is so short it can still hide in just behind the B pillar. But generally I find now that I don't get caught out by cars, etc... Otherwise all I can suggest is taking a real good look first, and take your time. Accidents happen when you are being impetuous and impatient in most cases.

Cheers, Gav.

Hi Tam,

One thing you can do is turn your door mirrors out more so they actually face away from your car. When I learned to drive, the driving instructors always taught me to see the rear quarter panel in the mirror, but I have found this in practice to be stupid, as cars generally don't drive an inch off the side of me... I currently have the mirrors set so that I can see a car leave my rear view mirror and pop up into my door mirror and then into my immediate field of view. This doesn't mean I don't my head to look, as a motor bike is so short it can still hide in just behind the B pillar. But generally I find now that I don't get caught out by cars, etc... Otherwise all I can suggest is taking a real good look first, and take your time. Accidents happen when you are being impetuous and impatient in most cases.

Cheers, Gav.

thanks Gav, i wondering anyone have that problem with the stivos though.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I'm 6'2-3", so being higher up might help? So I don't find the B and C pillars that bad compared to other cars I have owned. Hyundai i30 owners would have something to worry about, as their C pillars are huge with only a small window that's practically useless from inside at the driver's angle. My Mazda2 had very thick B pillars, and I found it to be a problem, but I just moved my head around more. The A pillars on the Honda Jazz and new Civic are awful! We've got it good. :)

Gav.

yeah i have the same issue but for me its when i'm trying to reverse out of a 45degree angle parking.. its the worst when theres a big landcruiser parked on the left.. by the time i can see around the cruiser or on coming traffic i'm already halfway out on the road.. and i have a sedan, so my car dosen't end where that panal is, it extends out another 2feet..

i guess it would help being 6 foot tall..

yeah i have the same issue but for me its when i'm trying to reverse out of a 45degree angle parking.. its the worst when theres a big landcruiser parked on the left.. by the time i can see around the cruiser or on coming traffic i'm already halfway out on the road.. and i have a sedan, so my car dosen't end where that panal is, it extends out another 2feet..

i guess it would help being 6 foot tall..

good point since your saying u have to be tall, i think i have to adjust my seat a bit higher. my seat is low atm. i wanna see if it works