Changing Front Parking Bulb

Smickle

Hi,

This is my first posting so gidday all fellow owners

I have a query regarding my car...Camry Altise 2007

My front left parking light is not working and I was wondering if it was a easy thing to replace???

I have had a look at it but would appreciate some advice as can't seem to work out how to get at

the bulb...

Cheers

Mike

G'day and welcome to the forums.

been a while since i played with my headlights, but if i remember, its hard to get to the parker bulb because you gotta remove your whole front bumper to get access to the headlight. Best to claim it under warranty and let the toyota people fix it for you.

Where you located? if in melb, maybe i can give you a hand.

Edited by akuma

If you aren't up for the challenge, or if you can get Toyota to do it for free or very cheap than disregard this answer. If you do really want to DIY, then this should help. Your Camry should be roughly the same as the Aurion in terms of accessing the parker bulbs. This was my response in regards to that; just replace LED with a normal bulb if you don't want to go down that path:

Has anyone actually changed the parker lights? I have no idea how to change it. Is it as easy as getting a HID installed?

I start to hate that yellowish colour and i am getting my adjustable HID for foglight that why i wanna get it done same time.

Any info will be nice.

I've managed to change mine to some white LED's (the photo makes it seem a bit more blue than it is). Since I had to access the wiring for the parkers when I installed my HID's (for the relay circuit), I though I may as well open up the other side and swap the bulb there. Accessing it is kind of annoying, but if you change it to LED, chances are you won't be doing it again. With all the design work behind the scenes at Toyota, I'm surprised that this was their best solution for accessing the parkers.

I didn't take any photos during the procedure (sorry), but I went down just then to take some photos as a guide. Mind the dirt; I haven't got around to cleaning the unseen areas yet.

-Firstly, the way I did it was to remove the screw underneath the car that holds the under guard to the wheel arch guard (photo 2 taken facing the rear). When you look at the area, you can easily figure out the screw I'm talking about and how it all goes together.

-Secondly, remove two of the clips holding the arch guard to the wheel arch (photo 3, and the top circle in photo 4). The lower one is a twist and turn, the upper one pops out in the centre followed by the remainder of the clip.

-Thirdly, lift the arch guard up a bit and you will then find a screw holding the bumper in place. You will find it hidden around the location of the second circle in photo 4. Unscrew that and put it aside.

- Then carefully unclip the side of the bumper and with a combination of having the bumper sitting to the side a little (for obvious reasons, don't force it to the point that it looks like it's going to bend) and pushing the wheel arch towards the inner of the car (more forgiving if you push it hard), you can access the parkers; providing your hands and wrists aren't too large. Having a torch is quite helpful at this point in time so you can figure out where you are going to have to send your hand to.

I'm not too good with detailing instructions, so excuse me if it seems a little non-descriptive. Was it as easy or easier than installing the HID's? In general, I would say that it was probably easier. In my case though, my HID setup was a bit more detailed, and since I was also accessing the parkers for the HID's, I'd say that based on the "swear factor", both tasks were a pain in the rear end.

28691097qm1.th.jpg 17824419le8.th.jpg 10471701bj9.th.jpg 90921114lc4.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
G'day and welcome to the forums.

been a while since i played with my headlights, but if i remember, its hard to get to the parker bulb because you gotta remove your whole front bumper to get access to the headlight. Best to claim it under warranty and let the toyota people fix it for you.

Where you located? if in melb, maybe i can give you a hand.

Thanks for your advice...think I will leave it for my local Toyota dealer as I have a service due very soon

I do like to try and fix things myself generally but sounds like a bit of drama

Appreciate your help and thanx again

I am in Brisbane in answer to your question

Cheers mate

If you aren't up for the challenge, or if you can get Toyota to do it for free or very cheap than disregard this answer. If you do really want to DIY, then this should help. Your Camry should be roughly the same as the Aurion in terms of accessing the parker bulbs. This was my response in regards to that; just replace LED with a normal bulb if you don't want to go down that path:
Has anyone actually changed the parker lights? I have no idea how to change it. Is it as easy as getting a HID installed?

I start to hate that yellowish colour and i am getting my adjustable HID for foglight that why i wanna get it done same time.

Any info will be nice.

I've managed to change mine to some white LED's (the photo makes it seem a bit more blue than it is). Since I had to access the wiring for the parkers when I installed my HID's (for the relay circuit), I though I may as well open up the other side and swap the bulb there. Accessing it is kind of annoying, but if you change it to LED, chances are you won't be doing it again. With all the design work behind the scenes at Toyota, I'm surprised that this was their best solution for accessing the parkers.

I didn't take any photos during the procedure (sorry), but I went down just then to take some photos as a guide. Mind the dirt; I haven't got around to cleaning the unseen areas yet.

-Firstly, the way I did it was to remove the screw underneath the car that holds the under guard to the wheel arch guard (photo 2 taken facing the rear). When you look at the area, you can easily figure out the screw I'm talking about and how it all goes together.

-Secondly, remove two of the clips holding the arch guard to the wheel arch (photo 3, and the top circle in photo 4). The lower one is a twist and turn, the upper one pops out in the centre followed by the remainder of the clip.

-Thirdly, lift the arch guard up a bit and you will then find a screw holding the bumper in place. You will find it hidden around the location of the second circle in photo 4. Unscrew that and put it aside.

- Then carefully unclip the side of the bumper and with a combination of having the bumper sitting to the side a little (for obvious reasons, don't force it to the point that it looks like it's going to bend) and pushing the wheel arch towards the inner of the car (more forgiving if you push it hard), you can access the parkers; providing your hands and wrists aren't too large. Having a torch is quite helpful at this point in time so you can figure out where you are going to have to send your hand to.

I'm not too good with detailing instructions, so excuse me if it seems a little non-descriptive. Was it as easy or easier than installing the HID's? In general, I would say that it was probably easier. In my case though, my HID setup was a bit more detailed, and since I was also accessing the parkers for the HID's, I'd say that based on the "swear factor", both tasks were a pain in the rear end.

28691097qm1.th.jpg 17824419le8.th.jpg 10471701bj9.th.jpg 90921114lc4.th.jpg

Thanx for your info mate

I will get it done at service which is nearly due

Once again I appreciate your reply

• 3 months later...
Aurion Park Light you have to access through the inner guard...

Camry Park Light you can access at the rear of the headlight, small hands makes the job much easier...

Hi Rolla Boy,

Can you please give a bit more details for Camry 2007. I've tried to change them to LED but it looks pretty scrammed up. Do i need to unscrew or take off anything?

Thanks,

lang

if it the same as o4 camry which i think it is its very easy u just line up where the parker is the the should be a blulb and pull it out it only goes one way though

if it the same as o4 camry which i think it is its very easy u just line up where the parker is the the should be a blulb and pull it out it only goes one way though

gen 5 is easy as the parker is in the low beam reflector, but the gen 5.5 is a bitch! you can only reach it with abnormally small hands, especially the drivers side one with the abs actuator and windscreen washer bottle right next to it. or remove the splash guards from the wheel arches