v8 supercars

Ascendant Rice

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said the other daycomma people come on these forum things for help not to be harased esspecially when the person doing the harasing doesnt fully understand wat was said or doesnt interprite it correctly or just want to pock fun because to them its a dumb questionfull stop you know wat i believe no such thing as a dumb question just a dumb answerfull stop i mean a questions asked to gain knowledge yes?

any way if you have nothin nice to say why say it at all

On that same logic, if you have little red lines that come up on screen when you spell a word incorrectly, why do you consistently write bad?

I'm not blaming you per se, but perhaps Hiro wouldn't have rode his high horse if you had made it clear what you actually meant - rather than throwing a million words together...

(prepares flame suit ^_^ )

Exactly.

Robie, sorry to come down on you like this, but reading your posts is like listening to a 3-year old talk. Somewhere in there is information, but most of the time it gets lost in a sea of nonsense and garbage. If you want to be taken seriously on here, then you need to clean up your posting. I don't care too much about absolutely correct spelling, but simple things like full-stops and paragraphs can make things 10-times easier to read, plus it makes your intent much clearer.

From what I could inter from your original post, you were referring to drifting in NASCAR ("would make it like nascar with that many cars drifting as once"), and then added a comment saying that you love NASCAR because of all the big crashes. Those two bits can be taken seperately (as I did), or together as it seems you intended.

he is saying that NASCAR has multiple smashes and alot more than v8 supercars.

therefore v8 supercars drifting would cause alot more crashes than the normal race.

Your logic is flawed. The "drifting" (in the now-enlightned sense of robie's initial post) in NASCAR doesn't cause smashes, it is a result of them. If V8s drifted around a corner, there wouldn't necessarily be more smashes because the drivers wouldn't try and go 2 or 3 abreast in the corners, because there wouldn't be room. Passing would be done on the straights instead, or under braking. If the cars oversteered/drifted in the current racing style, then yes more accidents would occur, but a lot of drivers would no longer find themselves with jobs if that was the case.

Now I'm sorry if somehow I've insulted people, or if people on here seem to think I'm some kind of forum nazi. Everyone knows that the internet is an imperfect means of communication, but you have to make to do with what you get. To me, (and once again, no hard feelings), robie is a guy who comes on here, posts a whole pile of word salad that could be put together to form something resembling sentences, half of which is illegible or seemingly wrong (either due to miscommunication, or it actually is wrong), and then complains when people contradict him (if he replies at all). To me, that is just asking to get people on both sides of the fence riled up.

i seriously cannot accept that these questions and comments are being made , are people living in caves and escaping to this forum? this is embarrassing to read.

V8 Super Car : Setup for circuit racing - every aspect of the car is tuned for racing , racing that has the purpose of running laps around a circuit in competition with other cars of a similar or exact power rating and so on and so forth. The aim here is to stay on the track and do it conservatively.

Drifting : Wide wheels , crazy offsets , Massive weight reduction and crazily expensive and excessivly tuned suspension and driveline components all in the name of getting sideways and staying that way at a great rate of speed.

There are so many different aspects of racing and the way a car is setup in relation to it's purpose on a track or circuit. What is most annoying is people claiming to drift a car when it is merley sideways for a couple of seconds or it fishtales down a street after exiting a macdonalds car park, i think the main problem people have when building a car up is defining it's purpose - if you want to go fast through corners you pay specific attention to the appropriate components on the car that will assist in this happening at it's peak, if you want to go fast in a straight line you focus on those aspects and so on and so forth.

Common sense really is your best bet when thinking about something as stupid as this

like i said the other daycomma people come on these forum things for help not to be harased esspecially when the person doing the harasing doesnt fully understand wat was said or doesnt interprite it correctly or just want to pock fun because to them its a dumb questionfull stop you know wat i believe no such thing as a dumb question just a dumb answerfull stop i mean a questions asked to gain knowledge yes?

any way if you have nothin nice to say why say it at all

On that same logic, if you have little red lines that come up on screen when you spell a word incorrectly, why do you consistently write bad?

I'm not blaming you per se, but perhaps Hiro wouldn't have rode his high horse if you had made it clear what you actually meant - rather than throwing a million words together...

(prepares flame suit ^_^ )

Exactly.

Robie, sorry to come down on you like this, but reading your posts is like listening to a 3-year old talk. Somewhere in there is information, but most of the time it gets lost in a sea of nonsense and garbage. If you want to be taken seriously on here, then you need to clean up your posting. I don't care too much about absolutely correct spelling, but simple things like full-stops and paragraphs can make things 10-times easier to read, plus it makes your intent much clearer.

From what I could inter from your original post, you were referring to drifting in NASCAR ("would make it like nascar with that many cars drifting as once"), and then added a comment saying that you love NASCAR because of all the big crashes. Those two bits can be taken seperately (as I did), or together as it seems you intended.

he is saying that NASCAR has multiple smashes and alot more than v8 supercars.

therefore v8 supercars drifting would cause alot more crashes than the normal race.

Your logic is flawed. The "drifting" (in the now-enlightned sense of robie's initial post) in NASCAR doesn't cause smashes, it is a result of them. If V8s drifted around a corner, there wouldn't necessarily be more smashes because the drivers wouldn't try and go 2 or 3 abreast in the corners, because there wouldn't be room. Passing would be done on the straights instead, or under braking. If the cars oversteered/drifted in the current racing style, then yes more accidents would occur, but a lot of drivers would no longer find themselves with jobs if that was the case.

Now I'm sorry if somehow I've insulted people, or if people on here seem to think I'm some kind of forum nazi. Everyone knows that the internet is an imperfect means of communication, but you have to make to do with what you get. To me, (and once again, no hard feelings), robie is a guy who comes on here, posts a whole pile of word salad that could be put together to form something resembling sentences, half of which is illegible or seemingly wrong (either due to miscommunication, or it actually is wrong), and then complains when people contradict him (if he replies at all). To me, that is just asking to get people on both sides of the fence riled up.

why do you bother like i said got nothin nice to say keep it to your self. (just for you)

look i know motor racing ok you dont have to explain any form of it to me i watch almost every form of it i can on the TV

for the forms of racing you cant see on tv i try to watch at the track or i try and race myself (i cant drift 2 reasons 1 fwd rolla 2never done it before so i dont think i can)but i have done a 2.09 around eastern creek in a FWD car with 16yr stock suspension though i did have good brakes and 220hp ATW

and that car did a 13.7 @104mph at WSID (cant wait to get back there again with newer car, mech LSD transaxle and 30more hp)

i seriously cannot accept that these questions and comments are being made , are people living in caves and escaping to this forum? this is embarrassing to read.

V8 Super Car : Setup for circuit racing - every aspect of the car is tuned for racing , racing that has the purpose of running laps around a circuit in competition with other cars of a similar or exact power rating and so on and so forth. The aim here is to stay on the track and do it conservatively.

Drifting : Wide wheels , crazy offsets , Massive weight reduction and crazily expensive and excessivly tuned suspension and driveline components all in the name of getting sideways and staying that way at a great rate of speed.

There are so many different aspects of racing and the way a car is setup in relation to it's purpose on a track or circuit. What is most annoying is people claiming to drift a car when it is merley sideways for a couple of seconds or it fishtales down a street after exiting a macdonalds car park, i think the main problem people have when building a car up is defining it's purpose - if you want to go fast through corners you pay specific attention to the appropriate components on the car that will assist in this happening at it's peak, if you want to go fast in a straight line you focus on those aspects and so on and so forth.

Common sense really is your best bet when thinking about something as stupid as this

rightyo me be goin bak to me cave nowz

and hiro,

neither of the links to your cars garages work :)

Thats because Twincam changed it's domain a while ago (to Twincam.info), and the links didn't update. I've been meaning to change them for ages (I've got a thread on here for the 102 anyway, the 55 is long gone and has been replaced by an AE82 Twincam)

why do you bother like i said got nothin nice to say keep it to your self. (just for you)

I bother because people need to hear the bad along with the good. I'm not the kind of guy to hide my true feelings. If I have nothing nice to say, then I say the not-nice stuff, because there are times when it _does_ need to be said. The only way some people truly learn is by being informed of their mistakes.

l

ook i know motor racing ok you dont have to explain any form of it to me i watch almost every form of it i can on the TV

Ok, I believe you. Shall we end this now?

The whole purpose for drifting was/is to retain speed through corners on tight downhill sections only. This was proven a fair few times by lets say, Keiichi. On the other hand, anyone thinking that they can get around a proper race track quicker by drifting (especially factoring steep hill sections and the width of the track), would be quickly ridiculed by the same man.

Drifting in Australia is vastly different to the way it was concieved in Japan. They do it to be faster, yet only when it enables them to actually 'be' faster. We seem to do it just to look...cool.

i am also getting a little tired of the masses of posts, threads with no thought.

A wise man once said, "Let's get the **** out of here". That man was Tayles, and we did indeed move ourselves to another forum. Threads like this started popping up on here over a year ago. The members on these forums have completely different attitudes to that of the old crew. Ironically you seemed to be the only new guy (new to me that is) that ended up placing decent info on what you're doing with your car up on the site.

Why do I pop my head in still? It's all Nelson's fault. Blame him.

The whole purpose for drifting was/is to retain speed through corners on tight downhill sections only. This was proven a fair few times by lets say, Keiichi. On the other hand, anyone thinking that they can get around a proper race track quicker by drifting (especially factoring steep hill sections and the width of the track), would be quickly ridiculed by the same man.

Drifting in Australia is vastly different to the way it was concieved in Japan. They do it to be faster, yet only when it enables them to actually 'be' faster. We seem to do it just to look...cool.

BINGO!

Now can someone close this?

worst thread EVER.... EVER!!!!

maybe they could settle their differences with a drift race ;) :lol:

in what? ...........corollas, handbrake and torque steer ftw

Don't forget the Scandinavian flick! ;)

0.0001 seconds of sheer oversteer

Edited by RoM2nV