Future VVTLi tweek

Hello....

I have in mind a future tweek for my Sportivo. I read all the topics here and thank you all again for your input and views on here.

I was thinking of making the 2ZZ a 2.0L

I have seen a few web sites offering stroker kits for the 2ZZ-GE.... to make it a worked 2.0L "worked" as in uprated pistons ect ect ect.....

I wanted to ask a few questions... sorry in advance I'm a bit of novice when it comes to motors...

The stroker kits come with many options.... as in the guts of the motor.....what I want to know is compression rates

the offer is .....

09.0:1

10.5:1

11.5:1

12.3:1

13.1:1

13.7:1

I know to turbo a motor.... compression should be low....

What would the high compression offer as in power output??

Anyone know what the figures could be for these ratio's ?

What is a good ratio for a to be turbo motor...as in able to handle mod to high boost?

Do you want me to put a few sites here I have found??? maybe you's have seen them already..

Cheers

SILVERBACK

Hello....

I have in mind a future tweek for my Sportivo. I read all the topics here and thank you all again for your input and views on here.

I was thinking of making the 2ZZ a 2.0L

I have seen a few web sites offering stroker kits for the 2ZZ-GE.... to make it a worked 2.0L "worked" as in uprated pistons ect ect ect.....

I wanted to ask a few questions... sorry in advance I'm a bit of novice when it comes to motors...

The stroker kits come with many options.... as in the guts of the motor.....what I want to know is compression rates

the offer is .....

09.0:1

10.5:1

11.5:1

12.3:1

13.1:1

13.7:1

I know to turbo a motor.... compression should be low....

What would the high compression offer as in power output??

Anyone know what the figures could be for these ratio's ?

What is a good ratio for a to be turbo motor...as in able to handle mod to high boost?

Do you want me to put a few sites here I have found??? maybe you's have seen them already..

Cheers

SILVERBACK

compression ratio exceeding the standard 11.5-1 will very require high octane fuel and pretty much make it a race only affair.

be aware building a tough high compression NA motor will require a big budget and often you get very little return for your investment.

in most cases reliability will also suffer - they do sound sweet though :)

if you want bang for your buck def go with a turbo/sc setup.

my 2 cents anyway !

Hey........... Fuel..... I did not know that would really matter..... I do now though. I guess the only fuel I can use is at the pump like we all use. I don't know about race fuel mixes.

Thats a shame to learn ..... live and learn hey.....

mmmmmmm maybe a low compression+ turbo or supercharger would be the best bet.

I will look into this further......

cheers for the heads up guys

SILVERBACK

Some know who make the kits while others don't. post them up anyway.

Trial = JDMpriced, but is meant to be a true 2L. Not really worth the money for 0.06L

MWR = 1.94L

Brashboy is a MWR kit. Might have been a Trial kit but doubt it as it would lower their profit margins.

If you install Piper cams with the kit then you can up the compression ratio to make up for the loss in dynamic compression ratio. 12.3:1 gets the dynamic compression ratio with the Pipers to about where the stock engine is. It isn't recommended to rev the stroker kits much above 8000rpm as not enough people have done it, or shared the information.

Trial = JDMpriced, but is meant to be a true 2L. Not really worth the money for 0.06L

MWR = 1.94L

Brashboy is a MWR kit. Might have been a Trial kit but doubt it as it would lower their profit margins.

If you install Piper cams with the kit then you can up the compression ratio to make up for the loss in dynamic compression ratio. 12.3:1 gets the dynamic compression ratio with the Pipers to about where the stock engine is. It isn't recommended to rev the stroker kits much above 8000rpm as not enough people have done it, or shared the information.

Superdave...G-Day....

Yeah I have seen the kits on MWR ....I like the options that you can pick to suit. I have also seen a few things from the USA like a super strong oil pump. Just for the 2ZZ.

I have a few things in mind for the future ....but ever so interested.

Anyone know here in Australia that can do kits like this or make the 2zz a strong low compression for turbo??

Superdave...G-Day....

Yeah I have seen the kits on MWR ....I like the options that you can pick to suit. I have also seen a few things from the USA like a super strong oil pump. Just for the 2ZZ.

Anyone know here in Australia that can do kits like this or make the 2zz a strong low compression for turbo??

Since the stoker kits require sleeving I would source a machine shop that has a lot of experience in sleeving V8's. There have been cases in the States of sleeves dropping.

As far as turbo applications go I would do a lot of research on turbo 2zz's and turn up to that Sydney meet ;) Xoom's is 1.8L and pulls plenty hard enough.

The oil pump gears are made by Circuitworx/Prodrive and I would say are a must when going for high rpm and power, they aren't particularity strong stock.

MWR = 1.94L

trial and mwr are similar in price i think this is a very cheap kit u get billet rods and forged pistons, compered to other brands/manufacturers s15 for example the crank for a stroker kit will cost well over 2k alone

trial and mwr are similar in price i think this is a very cheap kit u get billet rods and forged pistons, compered to other brands/manufacturers s15 for example the crank for a stroker kit will cost well over 2k alone

At current exchange the Trial kit is about $4800, while the MWR kit is about $3300. MWR use Crower rods (custom), Darton sleeves and Wiseco pistons (custom). Trial use Carrillo rods, but not sure of the pistons and I assume the rods are custom length also. Carrillo rods might be a bit overkill for the power/rpm that a 2zz can produce. The crank for the stroker kits can be picked up from Toyota ;)

While getting the price from the Trial website it listed the displacement at 1930cc.

The S15 2k crank would have to be from Tomei? Who carry a lot of JDM tax :P

MWR = 1.94L

Superdave...G-Day....

CES did a turbo conversion on a sportivo. Made 269kw atw. Xoom's car is roughly the same. Both set ups require deep pockets and a lot patience.....

chances are thats because it would have to be a custom crank ..... the stroker kit crank for the 2zz kits is a simple off the shelf product from toyota ..... and trust me when i say THERE ARE PLENTY AROUND ;) ;) ;) since it comes from one of the most sold vehicles in australia in the last 5 yrs ;) ;) ;) (there's a hint for u)

Superdave...G-Day....

CES did a turbo conversion on a sportivo. Made 269kw atw. Xoom's car is roughly the same. Both set ups require deep pockets and a lot patience.....

silverback you might want to look @ how much ur prepared to budget for such a build, how long you want the project to take & what exactly are ur end goals ? the answers to these questions will determine whats ur best path to take.