The Real Start On 5K37RA.

sketra

Ok lets start a new chapter in the progress and book of my girl.

Today I started prepping her and rubbing the primer down, all the body is done and everything all i have to still rub is the fender thats off the car and the two bumpers and the edges around the door..... Then I will just have to wait until Jess the painter is ready in her own time.... But it shouldnt take longer then a week.... hopefully cause they want my car off there workshop :( but ah yeah.

Here is a photo from rubbing her down today... only got the one photo but will get more tomorrow once i rub the rest of her down.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well today i had to a hell of more rubbing down..... i have nasty calises and they bled too also have cuts along my hands n crap GRR cars :( Um well here are some pictures....

looking good, what colour did u say this will be going, black i think u said? a really nice off the shelf black is subaru black mica metalic paint code -47a- watch out for blacks as they are super hard to keep clean and will show up any scratches or bad repairs badly. try to keep the car undercover for 3-5days after painting to let the paint cure (set) and sink back natrually, this will help with fine scratches later on. i allso see u added a lot of guide coat this only makes your life harder adding a light coat and rubing it down and apply another light coat is a better way of doing it. i see you were bad and used your fingers when rubbing down, use your palm!! good luck

Hahaha but i had to use my fingers getting into all the small spots. But i did use my palms at alot of points..... Yeah i already have the paint, not sure what the colour code is and what model car its off but ill find out when i can tomorrow. The paint did come from Shacks Holden so it maybe a holden paint. Not sure. Also mum should let me use the carport for a couple of days if not well i cant do so..... Um those guide coats, arnt acctully guide coats it was for when he had to get a straight line on the door for the grooves it has..... thats why on the doors its sooo black.... tried my hardest to rub it all back but :( failed. Anyhow i just hope to god it comes out ok..... im abit worried....

say sketra i have almost a whole car for parts if you need ne

4 door

lift back

sx dash

rh front 1/4

rear bar (standard)

sx wing (its nice ok)

its all white and was only painted like 5yrs ago in 2pak paint

wat colour your sprayin yours

• 2 weeks later...

Om guys i came into a major bump and they where wanting my car out of there shop even if i didnt have it all rubbed down as you know it was a cash job.... WELL now it aint, my pop has generiously lent me an extra $1500 to get it done bi the end of next week.... so all together its costing me $2000 to get it all propperly done and the bumper and lights all fitted back in.... but ill have to put all in my interior myself....

ALSO ive done 22.38 hours so ive only got what 2.32 hours left and then ill be going for my computer test! WILL SEE YOU SOON BOYS!!!!

Haha yeah i love getting my hands dirty. Once my girl comes home she is getting a thorough engine clean and new oil and new filters and new sparkies.. She hasnt had a service since ive had her and that over a year ago now but she hasnt been driven much but now i will have my licence she will be driven alot... ^_^ :P :D

Eargunk, i have one sitting here at home but we had it on my mums rolla and it fookd with the egnition system so and i dont want to thanks.... so got bit my chunky bottom.

Hey guys just to inform you that my car will be back with me by the end of this week hopefully if on schedule. Also if i can get the last bit of my 2 and a half hours up all will be good. Anyhow will keep you boys informed.