rear lip will block exhaust?

if attaching a rear lip with the stock exhaust would it be bad for the car by not letting the exhaust breath properly?

or will it be fine?

what rear skirt is it? there are a few topics on this in the forums, have a look.

If u leave it uncut with the stock exhaust. it will most likely melt.

Just saw it a little to the shape of the exhaust. It'll look neat.

Just an example:

4DSC01334.jpg

Edited by Matrix

Well when I got my rear lip put on I had a choice of cutting the lip or get the exhaust tip rewelded, I went with the rewelded option. I got them to lower it and extend it so it now sits lower and extended a bit so the fumes dont mark the rear bumper

I have a TRD High Response Muffler

Ive seen rear lips here in NZ put over the back, looks as though the factory exhaust tip is pointed down and no modification is needed

Edited by RODNZ

• 4 years later...

anyone know how to put the rear lip on?!
Im having trouble putting it on. The hooks on the rear lip dont match the hooks where u bolt it onto, on the corolla sportivo. I think it was for levins but Im guessing yoiu could still use it on the sportivo.
Any help?
Thanks jimmy

anyone know how to put the rear lip on?!

Im having trouble putting it on. The hooks on the rear lip dont match the hooks where u bolt it onto, on the corolla sportivo. I think it was for levins but Im guessing yoiu could still use it on the sportivo.

Any help?

Thanks jimmy

Are you talking about the brackets that are under the rear lip(or behind) if so my ones don't line up with the rear bar also. I just used the bracket that's on the lip and drilled a few new holes into the rear bar.i used a bolt to hold them in and its been fine ever since. you won't be able to see the new holes anyways. Hope that helps. Edited by GHOSTIVO

• 2 weeks later...