My pickle....SOLVED!

apg39

Ok, I've recently moved to WA & Brooke & I have just got our new house which needs to be furnished....so $$ is very tight for the moment & probably until later in the year.

My pickle - not allowed to do mods until the house is set up. But im going to negotiate that & save weekly towards one mod at a time.

BUT WHICH ONE!!!

My ideas:

1) Body mods - involve a little painting, little custom body work. Probable cost = $1500-2000

2) Exhaust mods - including working n the squished pipe. BUT is slightly dependant on the bodywork too for the rear. Probable cost = $1500

3) Engine mods - quite extensive & also some basic...alot involved so wont be done for a while anyways. Probable cost = $2000 +

4) Wheels/tyres - 18 or 19"ers. Probable cost = $1500-2000

5) Coilovers - MAYBE, havent decided. $1500-2000

No interior or sound system mods wanted at the moment.

Which ones first? Help?

Edited by apg39

Added coilovers even though they would be further down the track anyways, not essential and Prob just get springs anyways

Dont want to get toooo specific with mods cos I want to make them unique....

Edited by apg39

If you want to make your car unique, the custom body kit would be the only answer, IMO.

You have to define what your purpose is, because your mods all depend on your purpose.

If you are looking for some perfomance, you have to focus on perfomance such as engine mods, handling or exhaust.

If you are seeking dressup purpose, they would be body kit, lowering springs etc..

Just my 2c...

If you want to make your car unique, the custom body kit would be the only answer, IMO.

You have to define what your purpose is, because your mods all depend on your purpose.

If you are looking for some perfomance, you have to focus on perfomance such as engine mods, handling or exhaust.

If you are seeking dressup purpose, they would be body kit, lowering springs etc..

Just my 2c...

I know....but I dont even know what I want. Obviously want it to look different AND go well. Just dont know which ones I want first....sleeper style or all show no go.....

before i decided buying my mods i went in a couple of mates cars, one was a supra with all looks and no go (alot of people wanted to drag but we shook our head, makes you feel good lookign inside), a turbo charged mirage (was great and all until you look at the maintanence costs, what my mate said, once you got it, it made you feel like racing, but you gotta think about other people and what place is appropriate), and a "boom" car. and just have a look at what i decided....

Just my 2c...

I know....but I dont even know what I want. Obviously want it to look different AND go well. Just dont know which ones I want first....sleeper style or all show no go.....

HIDs?

Regarding Bodykits,

I agree with this one.. Or alternatively, u can go source overseas just like some of us.

Talkin about being different, u can go with air-sus, air-bags or whatever we call it here instead of coil overs. But again, w/ tight budget, why don't u look on normal springs?

I'd say, Rims should always come 1st... Next obvious thing should be lowering it...

That should stand ur car out of the crowd, considering the current mods on the car.

Simple mods that hasnt been done should do the trick.

Edited by VF-X

Hating to be the one that does the rain dance... I live in WA and when i first got my ZR contacted several businesses in Perth to help with personalised mods. The replies i got were at best dissapointing. Like others on this Forum i have been forced to do minor changes myself (not being any kind of mechanic at all). All that said, welcome to WA i love it here and good luck!!

I'd love to do wheels first but I've just bought (as in last week) 2 new tyres in the last minute to pass Rego. So its a bit of a waste to spend more money on them straight away.

Alot of the work will be custom done by me or my brother...except some engine stuff may need help.

I think Ill be doing small bodywork first...slowly doing more, then do lowering, then wheels, then engine...

engine and exhaust work for sure man nothin beats a tough sounding car

Yes I agree totally and that where my 9.5 sec Cortina Tc with V8 302 windsor stroked to 347ci come into action on weekend drives.

Iam old skool and nothing sound fatter than v8 car and grunt

My Aurion is very sexy car for comfort and image with a bit of stick out of the factory but I will never give my v8 corty away for nice long cruise on nice day from sydney to north coast or south coast with other mates with XY GT's and torana's with mean ideling sounding machines now they turn heads at lights

Azza

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Quad exhaust tips.

Because I dont have the money to do drastic mods to the rear bumper to make quad tips fit...I was wondering how it would look with Quad stacked tips....much like the Lexus IS-F?

silvet37-img600x450-1232616544tmp2dg44202.jpg

Wouldnt that require just as much modification to the bumper as normal quad exhausts? I am undecided about the stacked exhausts, I would say it would depend on how the rest of the visual mods are done.

Not as extensive as first planned. This would just need the black 'cut out' section of the lip trimmed back.

I've come to a decision with it all.

This is the order Im doing it:

1) Rims - only 18/19"s, 18's would have no lip so they look bigger. If not, 19's

2) EITHER - paint/vinyl wrap roof black OR black GT stripes down passenger side of bonnet/roof/boot. (Help me decide!!)

3) Replace rear mufflers & just get single tips. Time & effort for quad tips is just not worth it. May get small quad tips but they will look sh*t.

4) RSB & lowering springs, but not super lows. Dont want coilovers anymore cos I wont be doing track days...mainly cos it looks like Ill be doing speedway next year

5) Engine mods........major stuff fair way down the track, but some simple stuff eventually.

NOT doing custom body mods anymore. At least dont plan too. Rather just add things on so re-sale value isn't f*cked & I can remove if I need to sell it.

I've come to a decision with it all.

This is the order Im doing it:

1) Rims - only 18/19"s, 18's would have no lip so they look bigger. If not, 19's

2) EITHER - paint/vinyl wrap roof black OR black GT stripes down passenger side of bonnet/roof/boot. (Help me decide!!)

3) Replace rear mufflers & just get single tips. Time & effort for quad tips is just not worth it. May get small quad tips but they will look sh*t.

4) RSB & lowering springs, but not super lows. Dont want coilovers anymore cos I wont be doing track days...mainly cos it looks like Ill be doing speedway next year

5) Engine mods........major stuff fair way down the track, but some simple stuff eventually.

NOT doing custom body mods anymore. At least dont plan too. Rather just add things on so re-sale value isn't f*cked & I can remove if I need to sell it.

get 19's mate with no dish...they will look begger than my 20's

and DEFS get the black roof ive been thinking about that for ages and it looks SO hot!!!

post-9153-1236309995_thumb.jpg

Edited by ELEGNT

I would go for the black roof. This is mainly because I don't think racing strips would suit the Aurion and I've seen what a black roof on an Aurion looks like. Just my opinion though.

I would go for the black roof. This is mainly because I don't think racing strips would suit the Aurion and I've seen what a black roof on an Aurion looks like. Just my opinion though.

It wont be racing stripes like the Monaro/Commodores in the middle of the bonnet. Its the thick & thin line down one side of the bonnet.

Friend had his silver Foz with the black stripes & it looked sweet as. Mine would start a bit closer to the side though, just over the headlight.

IMG_3139.jpg

Edited by apg39

It wont be racing stripes like the Monaro/Commodores in the middle of the bonnet. Its the thick & thin line down one side of the bonnet.

Friend had his silver Foz with the black stripes & it looked sweet as. Mine would start a bit closer to the side though, just over the headlight.

I still refer to them as racing stripes regardless. It's hard to say what the end result would look like in person without trying. Makes it just a little bit tough. One reason why the Foz looked alright was because the car itself is a bit boxy. Racing stripes/GT Stripes in my opinion work better on cars with sharp straight lines. The Aurion on the other hand is a little bit curvy. Mixing that with straight likes may not be the best. Just my opinion as I've said. I've been proven wrong before.