More for V6 Camry

Black V6 'Tivo

I have a 2005 V6 Camry Sportivo. I have read the forums and was after a way to improve the performance and power of the car. I am not after heaps of power, just somthing that makes it more responsive when I put my foot down. I have had the car for about 18 months and had a V8 VS Statesman before it. I miss the power and torque but not the fuel bill.

I am thinking of a sports exhaust to start with to give it a bit of a note (not too loud) but other than that I am not sure.

My budget is around $1000 - $1500.

If any one has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Edited by Black V6 'Tivo

Thanks, might try that.

I saw on ebay a 'mileage max vortex generator' which goes in the intake after the air filter.

It is supposed to increase power and fuel economy. I am a bit sceptical about it but as it is only cheap it may be worth a look.

Has anyone heard of these things?

post-11989-1233300345_thumb.jpg

They are a gimmick dont buy them! An extra restriction in the intake usually means less power.

[edit] The "sportivo" exhaust from toyota can give an extra 4 kw :P but I dont think its noticable.

Edited by STYLSH

If you have the time...

Port and Polish my friend. Should be approx 700-1k, depending on who you know and stuff. I could imagine an easy 20-30kw gain from what I've heard.

For response, a decent exhaust system would never go astray...

And - those cars LOVE good fuel - I treat my car right - she runs awesomely.

And - those cars LOVE good fuel - I treat my car right - she runs awesomely.

I completely agree I run mine on 98 all the time and on the few occasions I have strayed (none available) I have actually noticed the difference

My TRD badge gives me an easy 5kw :P and the Auscam sticker 200kw ATW LOL!!

Really though, fuel treatment when you fuel up (Nulon Total System Cleaner or Nulon Injector Cleaner) with 98 octane fuel...

It's like anything - you put good stuff in it, it'll behave good. Same goes for humans... you drink grog each night and eat Pizza, Maccas etc, your body won't like it... it'd be like putting sand in the fueltank hahaha

given that there is not much aftermarker performance support for the 1mz-fe, you should work with what you already have.

as i mentioned before, a more powerful fuel pump would be good to get the volume up to the injectors with a good throttle body and injector clean.

if you've got a manual, then get a heavy duty clutch to help in transferring torque properly (powers nothing without torque). change the shift lever to a shorter one to reduce throw travel), and possibly stiffer shift lever mounting bushes to get rid of the 'stick in a bucket of marbles' feel.

possibly a dual outlet exhaust from the cat back?

possibly upgrade the wheels to wider ones with better rubber?

The most restrictive part of the exhaust system in the 1MZ engines is the Y-Pipe, where the front bank meets with the rear. Replacing this can net you quite a bit of power (actually noticably) if done right. And its not expensive!

Edited by STYLSH