Bonnet Scoops on Aurion

AUR30N

Hi Guys,

Iam really determined to put bonnet scoop which i feel the aurion is missing

what do people think of this low profile bonnet scoop 87cm width by 34cm length by 2.5cm height

I need your advise

Cheers

Azza

post-11810-1233550567_thumb.jpg

Im not sure about the Aurion but I know some places wont cut into certain vehicles, because of the structure of the bonnet and braces. I wanted a bonnet scoop on my Explorer, but no one would touch it with a 50ft pole. I think you have to have the bonnett specially designed or have it manufactured approved for it to be illegal. Like those aftermarket holden bonnet scoops you can by tthe ones that bolt straight on, but the coy has had the structure of their bonnet designed pre-approved with the legal begals.

If you not worried about legalities, yeaaaaaaah do it, it would be good to see.

Hi Guys,

Iam really determined to put bonnet scoop which i feel the aurion is missing

what do people think of this low profile bonnet scoop 87cm width by 34cm length by 2.5cm height

I need your advise

Cheers

Azza

Is that scoop a 'scoop' though? Looks kinda like the reverse vents everyones putting on skylines etc.

I reckon the subaru liberty bonnet scoop would look best, there is a photoshop of it in a thread and it looks bloody fantastic!

Ay, dont steal my idea.

Im getting it done....just tossing up 'when' due to lack of money.

Re structural support: looked at it with the Forester, if you cut the skin of the bonnet, its ok. But if you cut the supports its a big no no, I think you can weld in extra supports though to pass an engineers? I was thinking of cutting out the support area of the donor car & somehow joining it onto the Aurion bonnet. Than again....if you do it neat/clean enough the cops will be none the wiser.

Dj - chill out d00d search engine does not always bring up what you want it to bring up.....

I have not been to 1 forum in my life that has not had double threads or tripple threads of similar question asked.

And you will always get people like your self posting hit the search button and getting fustrated about for nothing.

it may have been brought up before under photoshop heading topic post - which to me had no relation of bonnet scoops etc as a serchee searching for advice and info.

just my cent worth & not meant as personal attack either

Azza73

Edited by Azza73

Of course you are going to have some repeats of threads, but it all comes down to the organisation of the forum and who uses it. This Aurion forum has remained pretty tidy over the few years or so that it has been active. If you spend time on Toyota Nation, you will see the result of disorganisation.

I don't mean to make it personal, but I've had a long day and when I see someone ask a question on something that I could get from a search alone (including a Google Image search) not twice, but three times even more, I tend to get a little agitated.

On a side note, I did a search with the term 'hood scoop' and that directed me where I need to go. I guess everyone has different ways of researching. The search doesn't always bring up a thread title containing what you're after, but it's results mean they are contained in the thread.

Are you after a scoop for additional cooling, or just for looks? If the latter, you could just stick one on without cutting anything. It would of course provide no cooling benefit.

more for looks but if you have an openning and no exit the wind velocity will just peel it off

Azza

They make stick on scoops, that have holes where the air can excape. There are ****loads of them in Japan, heaps on ebay.

I put one on my brothers mazda121, when i sold it. It looked pretty cool, but did nothing else but effects.

Personally i wouldnt put a stick on on a aurion, i reckon it would just make it look cheap. You want a scoop that actually is incorporated within the bonnet.

Edited by BONDIE

Yes Bondie that what i want is proper molded into the bonnet with low profile heightjust enough to make it look little meaner

Azza73

Me too, all we need is someone to be the guinee pig and to get one made up, therefore all the engineers specs would be approved for the design from then on, making the next purchases real easy.

Yes Bondie that what i want is proper molded into the bonnet with low profile heightjust enough to make it look little meaner

Azza73

Me too, all we need is someone to be the guinee pig and to get one made up, therefore all the engineers specs would be approved for the design from then on, making the next purchases real easy.

post-11810-1233735274_thumb.jpg

post-11810-1233735523_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azza73

Update re: Liberty scoop.

I've bought a Gen3 Legacy scoop (Liberty in Aus) the other one was a Gen2 & was too square, Gen 3 is much rounder & lower profile (but still visible) but not as deep/high as the current models....which is fine by me. Will be coming across when parents visit in mid-March & Ill get cracking on installing it.

bummer - the gen5 new 08 liberty scoop which i posted ealier in part of the bonnet and not seperate piece onlt the fron grill part is seperate.

I thought of purchasing the liberty bonnet then to my amazement it over 1000 dollars so there go that idea my hunt continues for low profile classy scoop

Azza

Yeha you cant exactly just buy the Liberty scoops (aside from getting it from a dealer), because they are recessed and not 'bolt-on' as such so no one makes copies. You need to buy a bonnet with one or find a 'dismantler' like a Jap import shop who is willing to separate a GT bonnet & scoop.

Im just lucky to have alot of Subaru mates from my last car :D

• 3 weeks later...